You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bow presses which one?

Whats everone thought on this press.

http://www.hydra-press.com/

Any other suggesstions for a press that wont break the bank.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Not a bad press. It is hard to let a bow all the way out with it.

For a little more I would personally go with the Hydra Elite.

I have one that is similar to it made by A.C.E and it takes some work to let one all the way down with it. I actually have to use a ratchet strap once I let the press all the way out, I put the strap on the limbs and tighten just enough to flex the limbs a little. Then take out of press and let all the way down. Reverse for putting it back in.

Bow presses which one? - General Archery Forum
    Last edited by asa1485; 01-02-2010 at 01:43 PM.

DB,
    I have used a bunch of different presses, including X-Press, Apple, and EZ Press and several others as well.

IMHO you are better off buying a quality press and being done with it. If I was going to purchase only 2 I would consider. The X-Press or the EZ Press.

I currently have an EZ Press and Love it.

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    DB,
    I have used a bunch of different presses, including X-Press, Apple, and EZ Press and several others as well.

IMHO you are better off buying a quality press and being done with it. If I was going to purchase only 2 I would consider. The X-Press or the EZ Press.

Dan
    We have a Apple with the hidralic jacks on both sides it works great for us
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

Quote Originally Posted by hstubblefield View Post
    We have a Apple with the hidralic jacks on both sides it works great for us

I am sure it does work but if I was going to spend that kind of money the Apple would be the last one I would recommend.

Dan
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Default Your rich

DB,

Dan
    Buddy looking for a press on a budget. All those guys from Nebraska afford all the best. Will agree the eze press is nice. Something under $300.00
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Buddy looking for a press on a budget. All those guys from Nebraska afford all the best. Will agree the eze press is nice. Something under $300.00
    DB
    DB, I'm not from Nebraska, try Southern IL. I have hunted Nebraska the last 4 years.

It's kind of like the Ol' Texaco man used to say. Pay Now or Pay Later!

All I'm saying is a guy should save his money a little longer and buy a quality press. I never heard anyone say they were sorry they spent the extra 2 bills.

Heck! i didn't like it either, but I am glad I did now. Somethings are just worth it.

Dan
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    www.meanvarchery.com

Default Thanks Dan

Hey DB thanks for your help. I will buy something in a few days.

Default Gotcha

DB, I'm not from Nebraska, try Southern IL. I have hunted Nebraska the last 4 years.

It's kind of like the Ol' Texaco man used to say. Pay Now or Pay Later!

All I'm saying is a guy should save his money a little longer and buy a quality press. I never heard anyone say they were sorry they spent the extra 2 bills.

Heck! i didn't like it either, but I am glad I did now. Somethings are just worth it.

Dan

There are good presses for less. Sometimes an archer may use a press once or twice a year tops. Hydra-press looks like it could get the job done.

Wheres the all the pictures from Illinois

There are good presses for less. Sometimes an archer may use a press once or twice a year tops. Hydra-press looks like it could get the job done.

Got a cable press that I paid $40 dollars for, plus the split limb adapters. Works for strings, cables, peeps, etc. Can't break a bow completely down with it, but it is portable. Thinking of building my own when I get the time, and find a design I like.

For me there is no reason to ever use another press than the Surloc X press. But I donít own a production style shop working on many different bows each day; possibly if I did I would want an EZ-press as an additional press for the convenience.
    With the exception of the new past parallel bows most can be pressed enough to change a string or set a peep with a simple cable press like the Bowmaster if one uses common sense and doesnít push the limitation of such a design. Iíve carried one in my kit for every hunt and tournament Iíve ever attended for many years and on occasion Iíve even used it with good results..
    As for a cheap way out when trying to find a press, anyone with a welder and a chop saw can easily and legally duplicate the best press on the market. The problem comes from selling the copiesÖ that is stealing... and I got no use for a thief
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Here Ya go DB, 1st Whitetail Oct 26th

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    www.meanvarchery.com

DB, Here's my 2nd IL Whitetail, Nov. 3rd. Probably should have passed him, but he looked too dang good.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    www.meanvarchery.com

I saved for quite a while for my EZ. If he can at least get something that presses in the same way, I think he'll be set for quite a while.
    FBSA Member

Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

The local shop I help out at has 5 different presses and everybody loves the EZ-Press.

Find a local welder and you can build your own EZ-Press for easily under $200 !
    SandSquid

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.

Default Nice bucks

DB, Here's my 2nd IL Whitetail, Nov. 3rd. Probably should have passed him, but he looked too dang good.

Dan
    Way to go! You guys in Illinois have it good.
    DB

Way to go! You guys in Illinois have it good.
    DB
    I have permission to hunt 120 acres and share that with 5 other Bowhunters, granted I put in much more time in a stand than the others. I think there are 10 outfitters in my home county. They have lots of ground leased up. It's just the way it is now.

Dan
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    www.meanvarchery.com

Default I understand

I have permission to hunt 120 acres and share that with 5 other Bowhunters, granted I put in much more time in a stand than the others. I think there are 10 outfitters in my home county. They have lots of ground leased up. It's just the way it is now.

Dan
    Chicago law makers are ruining Illnois deer hunting. Shame!
    DB

They sure are not helping it DB. They are all about the $$ and if it wasn't for hunters and land owners in particular the State would really screw it up.

Dan
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    www.meanvarchery.com

Dan
    Nice Buck Dan