You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Old and Experienced

Default Hey Chris GT xxx review

Chris I fletched up 6 of those GTXXX with 4 inch feathers and 150gr points. I cut them off 3/4 inch in front of rest. I shoot my rest as far back as I can get it. The arrows are only 26" long. They are so stiff I think you could shoot them thru a 55 gallon drum. Few of the guys were just shaking their heads saying they sure look short, no way they can fly good. Well after a little shooting they now say d*mn them fly good. Actually I am quite surprised at how well they did fly and group.
    60 arrows at a Vegas target and I had four 9's and 36 baby x's. The 9's were all me. Can't blame any of the 9's on arrows. I knew the millisecond the shot went off they were going to be out. I have a
    .012 blade and I am going to switch to a .010 and I think that may pick up the X count a touch more. Other than that I just need to tune myself. Its amazing how much lighter the quiver feels with 6 of them in there instead of 6 of the 700gr 2613's. Only bad thing I have to say about the arrows are the GT nocks. They break real, real easy. Considering I am a injection molding technician I inspected one and found out why. I won't go into it here. Over all I am very happy with the arrows.

STeve

Default Steve

Quote Originally Posted by archeryisme View Post
    Chris I fletched up 6 of those GTXXX with 4 inch feathers and 150gr points. I cut them off 3/4 inch in front of rest. I shoot my rest as far back as I can get it. The arrows are only 26" long. They are so stiff I think you could shoot them thru a 55 gallon drum. Few of the guys were just shaking their heads saying they sure look short, no way they can fly good. Well after a little shooting they now say d*mn them fly good. Actually I am quite surprised at how well they did fly and group.
    60 arrows at a Vegas target and I had four 9's and 36 baby x's. The 9's were all me. Can't blame any of the 9's on arrows. I knew the millisecond the shot went off they were going to be out. I have a
    .012 blade and I am going to switch to a .010 and I think that may pick up the X count a touch more. Other than that I just need to tune myself. Its amazing how much lighter the quiver feels with 6 of them in there instead of 6 of the 700gr 2613's. Only bad thing I have to say about the arrows are the GT nocks. They break real, real easy. Considering I am a injection molding technician I inspected one and found out why. I won't go into it here. Over all I am very happy with the arrows.

STeve
    Goldtip is coming out with new nock real soon, actually two new nocks. Think that will give you a choice of nocks. Glad to hear you like the triple XXX's.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

STeve

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad they are working out. Goldtip has a new HD pin nock that has been released this year. They brought them out because the guys with the Monsters and Xforces were breaking lots of them.

I found they can be fragile if your serving is too tight.

Chris
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I tried the .o10 blade with my triple "X" cut at 28 inch, 150 in the nose and I went back to the .012.

They are right at the point were the .010 blade is just a little to soft to handle em.....maybe 2 less inches of arrows will be the difference.

Old and Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I tried the .o10 blade with my triple "X" cut at 28 inch, 150 in the nose and I went back to the .012.

They are right at the point were the .010 blade is just a little to soft to handle em.....maybe 2 less inches of arrows will be the difference.
    Thanks for the info Gator. I'll give it a try and see what happens. If it don't work I will go back to the .012. One thing for sure these arrows defi all common logic to arrow spine. But then todays bows defi some common logic too. I think there has been so much advancement, improvement made in the bow design and arrow design that some of the old logic is just no longer valid.

Default Same Here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad they are working out. Goldtip has a new HD pin nock that has been released this year. They brought them out because the guys with the Monsters and Xforces were breaking lots of them.

I found they can be fragile if your serving is too tight.

Chris
    .10 just doesnt seem to get the job done well.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Thanks for the info Gator. I'll give it a try and see what happens. If it don't work I will go back to the .012. One thing for sure these arrows defi all common logic to arrow spine. But then todays bows defi some common logic too. I think there has been so much advancement, improvement made in the bow design and arrow design that some of the old logic is just no longer valid.
    The setup of the Goldtip arrows is just the opposite of what we have all been taught about arrow setup. I think you are right though. These new bows are a lot different than the old ones.

Even though your brain says it should not work, proof is in the pudding.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies