You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default first starting indoor shoots

what was your average 300 round when you first started shooting. the first and last one i shot about a year ago i think i got a 189 and 26x. im going to my second shoot in Wagoner saturday and im hoping to get atleast a 200 30x.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

Quote Originally Posted by gamoboy View Post
    what was your average 300 round when you first started shooting. the first and last one i shot about a year ago i think i got a 189 and 26x. im going to my second shoot in Wagoner saturday and im hoping to get atleast a 200 30x.
    Gamo you got that new bow so you will burn them up this time
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

The more you shoot the better you will do. My boys shot low 200's last year and are now shooting 270's
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

VaporTrail Staff Shooter Ohioarcher's Avatar

I agree with kebee4, the more you shoot the better you'll get. The only thing I can add is to shoot your game and don't worry what the others around you are scoring. Oh yeah, and have fun while you are shooting!
    Pearson Stealth
    VaporTrail string & cables, VaporTrail Limbdriver rest
    Victory VX22HV arrows
    Sword acu-sight, Doinker stabilizer

That's some pretty good shooting for your first time. Are you shooting spots or 3D? The reason I ask is that on a 30 target 3D course 26x's will put you well above 200 on the score, in fact as long as you shot no 5's, your score should have been between 262 and 326 depending on the number of 8's or 10's you shot.

I don't shoot spot's so I am not familiar with that scoring system, but if you were shooting spots, then that is a pretty good score first time out.
    Todd Segner
    PSE Field Staff, Tru-Ball Releases, HIPS Targets Pro Staff, Any Budget Outdoors Pro Staff,
    Rage Broadheads Pro Staff, On Target2 Shooting Staff

Default Thats exactly what I told him

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioarcher View Post
    I agree with kebee4, the more you shoot the better you'll get. The only thing I can add is to shoot your game and don't worry what the others around you are scoring. Oh yeah, and have fun while you are shooting!
    Just go and have fun. Indoor archery takes practice. Many think because its 20yrds its a cake walk. Not the case on the line with others.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

i havent shot alot here lately. been too cold outside. closest shop is about 45 minutes from me.last year i was shooting around 1000 arrows or more a week. but i was shooting with a boat anchor. DB has seen me shoot and says i shoot really good. and should shoot over a 200
    Last edited by gamoboy; 01-08-2010 at 12:48 PM.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

Default Form is good

i havent shot alot here lately. been too cold outside. closest shop is about 45 minutes from me.last year i was shooting around 1000 arrows or more a week. but i was shooting with a boat anchor. DB has seen me shoot and says i shoot really good. and shoot shoot over a 200
    You would do well eventually in tournment archery. Just got to learn the tricks and practice. Joining a bow club would be a start in right direction.

Tulsa Archery or Wagoner.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

You will improve with practice. However, you will improve a lot more and a lot faster if you can get help from a competent coach.

If you live near DB, I think that you also live near Dean. It would be hard to find someone better than him to coach you. I don't know if he does coaching, but it would be worth finding out.

The indoor game is one of perfection. To do that you need equipment that fits you and form that will hold together under pressure. I've found out the hard way that you can't get that without a coach.

Also, you need to be careful, indoor spots can be very addictive

Good luck,
    Allen