You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default New Target Shooter

I'm looking at picking up archery 3D shoot, last time I played with a bow was 25 years ago. I'm looking for advice on accessories for a bow. I have been shown a few different bows and have picked the Bear Archery Striker for my first bow. I have long arms and need a 31in draw on my bow. What I really need help with is, what kind of sight, rest, and stabilizer, i need to target shooting. Can you give some brands and models to look over. The local shops just seem to have a small section and are only trying to sell what is in stock.

Mark

it really depends on what class you are wanting to shoot. but i would highly recomend any CBE sight. i prefer Gold TIP arrows. im not sure on the rest or stabilizer. for releases i would look at Carter. oh by the way
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

Blessed and Forgiven bowhunterj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Markk9 View Post
    I'm looking at picking up archery 3D shoot, last time I played with a bow was 25 years ago. I'm looking for advice on accessories for a bow. I have been shown a few different bows and have picked the Bear Archery Striker for my first bow. I have long arms and need a 31in draw on my bow. What I really need help with is, what kind of sight, rest, and stabilizer, i need to target shooting. Can you give some brands and models to look over. The local shops just seem to have a small section and are only trying to sell what is in stock.

Mark
    depending on what class your in. you can use your hunting setup or upgrade with extreme sights trophy taker drop, away rest, easton fatboys are awesome....
    Faithful Servant of the Lord God
    Diamond Black Ice T.R.U. Ball release
    Rockin the target for Christ!!!

It look like I will be shooting the Hunter Class.

Thanks for the help

Mark

For the hunter class I use Spot Hogg sights .019 wrapped pins. I like the Hogg-It sight, but all of their sights are good. Just be sure to get wrapped pins (they help with brightness for such small pins).
    B-Stinger stabilizer
    I like lizard tongue rests (Trophy taker makes a good one), but drop aways will work well for you.
    CSAA Member

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document