You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Do you go to shoots w/ some one or by your self?

When you go to shoots, be it 3D or field, do you typically go alone or w/ someone or shoot w/ a group of friends?

My problem is that my hunting buddies don't have much interest in 3D and I can't get them to go very often if ever.

Unfortunately, alot of shooters tend to be clicky in their groups (pompous is another word that comes to mind) and give the cold shoulder often. I know this isn't true of all, but it is common.

I enjoy 3D and shoots but it gets pretty boring shooting by yourself. Who do you guys shoot with?

My wife isn't interested at all unfortunately, I've been down that road

I'm not trying to come off as ranting or complaining, just frustrating trying to find somebody else thats enjoys it as much to go with.
    Be good or be good at it.

We shoot all over SE Wis and are even joined by a couple of guys from northern Ill on occasion. If your interested in joining us, your more than welcome...just give a hollar.

Default Travel with several members here

I know here in Oklahoma we all seem to support each other pretty well.

I try to encourage as many as I can to come join the shoots.

My main traveling buddy ABOK is a super guy and very encouraging.

But hey most Okies try to be.

Good Luck and I wish you lots of luck. Hope we meet oneday.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I know how you feel. I have the same problem....my buddies are hunting lazy and don't want to put in the time at 3D. This year I shot a Doe at 35yrds and she ran no farther than that. I shot a turkey with my bow @ 30 yrds too, I admit it was lucky, but you know what they say: "Luck is what happens when preperation meets opportunity". Here is my suggestion. Look for a guy who is retired and divorced. He will go all the time!

First year I shot by myself sometimes. But other times I'd hook up with a smaller group. Met quite a few good folks that way. Last year shot with 1 or 2 friends. This year looks like it's back to being solo. But I'll hook up with another small group each time. That's how it is sometimes...

I have allot of friends that I shoot with, but I tend to meet them at the shoot and hang out before-hand or after. As far as shooting the only person whom I will request to be in a group with is my wife.
    CSAA Member

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    I know here in Oklahoma we all seem to support each other pretty well.

I try to encourage as many as I can to come join the shoots.

My main traveling buddy ABOK is a super guy and very encouraging.

But hey most Okies try to be.

Good Luck and I wish you lots of luck. Hope we meet oneday.
    DB
    Thanks, I'd like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    When you go to shoots, be it 3D or field, do you typically go alone or w/ someone or shoot w/ a group of friends?

My problem is that my hunting buddies don't have much interest in 3D and I can't get them to go very often if ever.

Unfortunately, alot of shooters tend to be clicky in their groups (pompous is another word that comes to mind) and give the cold shoulder often. I know this isn't true of all, but it is common.

I enjoy 3D and shoots but it gets pretty boring shooting by yourself. Who do you guys shoot with?

My wife isn't interested at all unfortunately, I've been down that road

I'm not trying to come off as ranting or complaining, just frustrating trying to find somebody else thats enjoys it as much to go with.
    What!? We're not clicky. I don't get to go as often as I like but just give me a call. We try to get a few guys to go together as a group. Makes it more fun. You are more than to just us anytime.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What!? We're not clicky. I don't get to go as often as I like but just give me a call. We try to get a few guys to go together as a group. Makes it more fun. You are more than to just us anytime.
    I wasn't meaning you...let's just say I've been to a number of shoots at other shops or clubs that a number of shooters are that way.

I'll be going by myself for a while unless one of my hunting buddies surprises me and decides to pick up shooting for sport.
    Mathews Z7 Cobra release True Glo 5 pin Sight With optics light Doinker Stabilizer QAD drop away arrow rest and armed with Gold tip arrows with blood runner broadheads.

some of the clicky groups seem to have a problem shooting with a new guy. for some reason it makes their score go down.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

I have twin 13 year old boy's that shoot with me and there is always someone that wants to tag along. Never shoot by myself.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    I wasn't meaning you...let's just say I've been to a number of shoots at other shops or clubs that a number of shooters are that way.

Like I said, you're always welcome to go to shoots with us.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

If it's a indoor shoot I will go shoot alone, but 3d is a little different.

If I have to walk through a course all alone I feel like I have no friends......kind of gives a guy new feeling of respect for Slippy.

At our local club shoots, I usually end up shooting with someone from the start. When I travel to other clubs, I usually end up going and starting the course by myself and catch up to a group in front of me and most invite me to join the group. This has allowed me to make several new friends over the years.