You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Shipping compounds to North Carolina

I've come to understand that shipping compound bows to North Carolina is restricted or prohibited. Does that apply to dealers only or to anybody? I've tried to look throught the NC statutes, but I might as well be trying to navigate around Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by MTColl28734 View Post
    I've come to understand that shipping compound bows to North Carolina is restricted or prohibited. Does that apply to dealers only or to anybody? I've tried to look throught the NC statutes, but I might as well be trying to navigate around Beijing.
    Do what? who lead you to understand something like that?
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default Bps

Bass Pro Shops, for one, says that the sale of compound bows is restricted in NC, NJ, and New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by MTColl28734 View Post
    Bass Pro Shops, for one, says that the sale of compound bows is restricted in NC, NJ, and New York City.
    I'd do a little more checking if I was you. I did a search on the issue and the only thing I could find is a law requiring you to have a permit to buy a crossbow going back to the 90's.

Nothing on a compound.. at least in NC... and I think the crossbow thingy may have been changed.

On something like this it is better to call the AG's office and ask for specifics in writing..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default Not on compounds

There are restrictions on crossbows. Only FFL dealers may retail and a handgun permit is required to purchase. Mail order companies will not ship to individuals in NC. Not sure if permit is required for transfer between individuals.
    This what happens after someone commits a crime in NC with a crossbow. God help us if someone tries it with a compound or longbow, we may have to go back to hunting with slingshots