You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: arrow selection

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default arrow selection

    Was looking to try new arrows and have been considering Carbon tech white tails or victory VX-22....any experiences or suggestions.
    I am shooting a 300 spine (68-70 pound bow, 29" draw, 29" arrow, binary cams)
    thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member TMax27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fairland, OK
    Posts
    778

    Default

    What are you going to be using them for?
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default

    indoor 3-d, maybe some spots. Not hunting.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default

    ttt

  5. #5
    Junior Member whitetail101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indiana, PA
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alaz View Post
    Was looking to try new arrows and have been considering Carbon tech white tails or victory VX-22....any experiences or suggestions.
    I am shooting a 300 spine (68-70 pound bow, 29" draw, 29" arrow, binary cams)
    thanks.

    let me have a few more details on your setup and I can help you.

    1. Bow model and year manufactured
    2. peep/loop/silencers or peep/loop wth nock set/silencers, basically need to know what is on your bowstring. Need to know also if peep is tube or tubeless type
    3. type of fletching used - blazers/duravanes, etc
    4. Actual poundage your draw weight is set to

    Provide this information and I can tell if those arrows will be right for you
    Todd Segner
    PSE Field Staff, Tru-Ball Releases, HIPS Targets Pro Staff, Any Budget Outdoors Pro Staff,
    Rage Broadheads Pro Staff, On Target2 Shooting Staff

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetail101 View Post
    let me have a few more details on your setup and I can help you.

    1. Bow model and year manufactured
    2. peep/loop/silencers or peep/loop wth nock set/silencers, basically need to know what is on your bowstring. Need to know also if peep is tube or tubeless type
    3. type of fletching used - blazers/duravanes, etc
    4. Actual poundage your draw weight is set to

    Provide this information and I can tell if those arrows will be right for you
    I am leaning toward the Victory arrow...
    Here is my set-up:
    2010 New Breed Cyborg
    peep (g5 hunter...1/4" about 5gr)
    loop
    6 speed nocks (3 and 3 about an 1" or so from each cam)
    I am open to fletchings...but would like to go with a lower profile 2.5"-3" vane
    Draw weight is 67.8# and the DL is 29" flat (off a draw board)
    The bow is shooting a 410gr arrow at 300-301 fps at the current set-up.
    I would like to keep the arrow at the 410gr mark...but I am actually shooting 387 gr ultralights (300 spine/ 100gr tip)...but as I said looking to try something new.
    I appreciate the help.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Middletown, Pa
    Posts
    813

    Default

    I might be completely wrong on this, but Victory used to make arrows for Gold Tip so the HV-22 and the GT 22 series may very well be almost identical.

    I know the GT 22 series weigh in at 7.3 grains per inch and are a 300 spine. With the light shaft you would have many options on fletching and point weight to adjust for a very good FOC.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

  8. #8
    Junior Member whitetail101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indiana, PA
    Posts
    28

    Default

    The Victory VX-22V1 300 arrows will be perfect at 67 to 70 lbs.

    Here is how you need to set them up.

    Cut to 29 inches
    Duravane 3D 2.3 inch vanes
    100 grain tip
    total weight = 385 grain
    speed expected = 305 fps


    Hope this helps and good luck on the 3D shooting.
    Todd Segner
    PSE Field Staff, Tru-Ball Releases, HIPS Targets Pro Staff, Any Budget Outdoors Pro Staff,
    Rage Broadheads Pro Staff, On Target2 Shooting Staff

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetail101 View Post
    The Victory VX-22V1 300 arrows will be perfect at 67 to 70 lbs.

    Here is how you need to set them up.

    Cut to 29 inches
    Duravane 3D 2.3 inch vanes
    100 grain tip
    total weight = 385 grain
    speed expected = 305 fps


    Hope this helps and good luck on the 3D shooting.

    Thanks...great info...did you use a program? If so could I ask which?
    When you say Victory VX-22V1...are those the HV shafts?
    Thanks again for all your help!

  10. #10
    Junior Member whitetail101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indiana, PA
    Posts
    28

    Default

    No they are the VX22 V1 300 arrows.

    The VX22HV shafts are too light for your setup, using them would have you below 5 grains per pound with your setup.

    The program I use is On Target Software for Archers from Pinwheelsoftware.

    www.pinwheelsoftware.com to check it out.

    good luck
    Todd Segner
    PSE Field Staff, Tru-Ball Releases, HIPS Targets Pro Staff, Any Budget Outdoors Pro Staff,
    Rage Broadheads Pro Staff, On Target2 Shooting Staff

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetail101 View Post
    No they are the VX22 V1 300 arrows.

    The VX22HV shafts are too light for your setup, using them would have you below 5 grains per pound with your setup.

    The program I use is On Target Software for Archers from Pinwheelsoftware.

    www.pinwheelsoftware.com to check it out.

    good luck
    Cool...
    I appreciate the info...

Similar Threads

  1. arrow and tip selection
    By frs123 in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 11:31 PM
  2. Arrow selection help
    By Breakwater in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 05:08 PM
  3. Arrow selection
    By kuncleurt in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 12:43 PM
  4. arrow selection
    By Bryan227 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 10:04 PM
  5. Arrow selection
    By cptmclark in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •