You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: new idea

Default new idea

if you had a new idea for a sight . mainly target and 3d . who would you take it and what would you ask for it ?

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    if you had a new idea for a sight . mainly target and 3d . who would you take it and what would you ask for it ?
    Without getting a patent you're relying on the trust worthiness of a company...tread lightly.... It's tough to say you'd get anything from anybody. Once you told a company I have a great Idea to do this and that to make this thing better, they'll probably figure out how to do it on their own and say "Yeah, we've been working on something very similar".

Good Luck though, you don't know until you try!

Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

Draw up your idea, file for a patent, then find a machinest to make you a prototype.

That's the route I would go anyhow.
    Be good or be good at it.

all ready made some have my guys shooting them in house they love it . its one of those so simple its stupid .

Well ship us some and we'll spread the word for ya. LOL But in all seariousness good luck to ya.
    Mathews Z7 Cobra release True Glo 5 pin Sight With optics light Doinker Stabilizer QAD drop away arrow rest and armed with Gold tip arrows with blood runner broadheads.

let a few of my guys shoot it last night in league . they wouldnt give it back had to take it . they put it on and went right to shooting league . its simple and stupid dont understand why there not anything like it that i can find .

let a few of my guys shoot it last night in league . they wouldnt give it back had to take it . they put it on and went right to shooting league . its simple and stupid dont understand why there not anything like it that i can find .
    Sounds like you should talk to an attorney. If you don't have the time, or want to take it to the next step, they may be able to give you some insight on how to protect yourself while you shop it around.

Hope it works out for you!

Ben

FBSA Member

cant afford it . sent the stuff to hha today had a good talk with them will see what they say .i pretty much trust them could be a big mistake time will tell . with the ata just getting over its hard for them to get something new started .

cant afford it . sent the stuff to hha today had a good talk with them will see what they say .i pretty much trust them could be a big mistake time will tell . with the ata just getting over its hard for them to get something new started .
    Best of luck to you! Let us know if the steal your Idea. If so I will boycott them!

Ben

FBSA Member

I hope they wouldn't steal it. Especially since they are a relatively local company for upnorth and myself. Chris and the gang have always been top notch for myself and a few others I know.

you could always use the ol' take a picture and mail it to yourself and then leave it sealed. the postmark acts as your proof of when you came up with the idea. not really worth much legally from what I understand but maybe in the court of public opinion it might mean something.

There is no way that you couldn't just sell the idea with out a patent. I know with a patent it would be easier to prove theaft of idea. But even with a patent all they would have to do is change it a little bit. Why couldn't you just try and manufacture them your self since you already seem to have some built. Or is it to time consuming? Either way I hope all goes well with you.
    Mathews Z7 Cobra release True Glo 5 pin Sight With optics light Doinker Stabilizer QAD drop away arrow rest and armed with Gold tip arrows with blood runner broadheads.