You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default 2712 X7's---Best arrow I've shot in awhile!

Before I quit shooting for score 25 years ago, I shot Easton 24SRTX and X7's. I started back shooting indoor 3 years ago and bought carbon express line jammers. My score for a Vegas 450 round ranged from 435 to 439. Since I started back shooting, I have always felt that I shot aluminum better than I was shooting carbons. Last week I made a trip to buy easton 2312's and came home with some giants, 2712's. I felt like I would be sacrificing accuracy for line cutting, boy was I wrong. I fletched the 34 inch shafts with 5 inch feathers using a helical clamp and installed 300 grain pro points. total weight 725 grains. They flew slow and beautiful. Best grouping arrow I have shot in a long time. Thursday night, I shot my best indoor round ever, 444---I will now shoot X7's for all known distance events where speed is not a factor. (My Hoyt is 52#'s.)

Once you get them tuned and flying they Are great arrows.....just be carefull and check for straighness before a round, they are easy to bend.

After distroying a dozen 2712 X7 in a years time, I went to GT triple x....they can take a beating. Only soft spot is the pointed tips...the tip bends easy if you hit a soft spot in the target or find a old point. And even though just the end of the tip bends, it'll still throw your next shot off to the side a touch and catch in the target.....buy extra tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Once you get them tuned and flying they Are great arrows.....just be carefull and check for straighness before a round, they are easy to bend.

After distroying a dozen 2712 X7 in a years time, I went to GT triple x....they can take a beating. Only soft spot is the pointed tips...the tip bends easy if you hit a soft spot in the target or find a old point. And even though just the end of the tip bends, it'll still throw your next shot off to the side a touch and catch in the target.....buy extra tips.
    I like the durabilty of carbon arrows, they are either straight or broken. If I fall out of love with the 2712's, I may try the GT xxx. May ask for some advice later. Thanks