You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Default Sliced flecthings

Hi ,A friend of mine who is new and went bowhunting the frist time this year with me and is 61 shoots a wb and the 2nd vane keeps getting sliced off like you took a razor to it about 1/8 inch up. Tis one has me stumped Has anybody got any ideas. Thx, Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Site Guru

Contact w/ the cables would be my only possible suggestion... but that would rip it, not slice it. Somone playing a joke on the poor guy and superglue his whiskers together?
    No I'm not dead

A fiend of mine was shooting blazers out of his wb and after a few shots they took his vanes completyl off
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS
    Myspace:myspace.com/08_stroker

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Default Sliced fletch

If he is using a WB tell him to look at whiskers real close there is one section of them that are all black and the rest of them are brown.... The Whiskers that are black are the stiffest ones. He should position his arrows so that none of his vanes are going to go through the black whiskers at all. If they do they will shred the vanes every time.

rdnkgrl_robinhood
    valee_girl70@yahoo.com

Bowman, remember your promise
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Hey tkx for the info is there any other ideas. Come on Mr Bowman why do ya'll think I posted this for. Especially after Bowman swore off black balling the wb God Bless, Holy Smokes
    Last edited by Holy Smokes; 11-02-2006 at 08:44 PM.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Hey tkx for the info is there any other ideas. Come on Mr Bowman why do ya'll think I posted this for. Especially after Bowman swore off black balling the wb
    You don't dangle a cheesecake in front of the fat guy.....That's just heartless

Its probably killing bowman not to post. He is probably going through withdrawl.
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS
    Myspace:myspace.com/08_stroker

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Hey tkx for the info is there any other ideas. Come on Mr Bowman why do ya'll think I posted this for. Especially after Bowman swore off black balling the wb God Bless, Holy Smokes
    Sooner or later, Bowman will fall off the wagon.

This is cracking me up here after he posted no more bashing of the WB someone starts a thread like this. I believe Bowman truly knows the importance and great value of the Whisker Biscuit rest.

To reply to the question I have no idea what would be causing the vane to be cut like you are describing. SORRY.

"HONDA"