You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Javi should write an Archers Manual

Javi you're sitting on a small gold mine. With your knowledge about tuning and shooting a bow and your composition skills, you could sell a lot of books or manuals. Harvey Pinick the golf instructor wrote a book, "The Little Red Book" and every serious golfer bought one. You could do the same with Archery. Larry Wise's Book sold. It had some good stuff and a lot of BS. You have more information to share than Larry Wise.---You could sell it on this forum and the other brand x forum.

Too much work, then you got to pay taxes... but Thanks
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

If you want to avoid the taxes you could just write it and post it here free

Sorry, no ideas to get around the work part though.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Too much work, then you got to pay taxes... but Thanks
    You just talk, and get somebody else to type it.
    Spot Hogg Shooting Staff
    808 Bow Slings Staff Shooter
    Onestringer Arrow Wraps Shooting Staff
    Gold Tip Shooting Staff
    Ktech Designs Shooting Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Supermag View Post
    If you want to avoid the taxes you could just write it and post it here free

Sorry, no ideas to get around the work part though.
    Not a bad idea Supermag.

A lot of the information that would be in JAVI's book is already been written on this and other forums. I have 10 - 20 of his posts saved. Put together an outline of topics to cover and he's already written a good portion of it.

With permision from Mike & Chris, we could do 90% of the work right here.

What would you guys like to see covered in "JAVI's Archery Manual"?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Not a bad idea Supermag.

A lot of the information that would be in JAVI's book is already been written on this and other forums. I have 10 - 20 of his posts saved. Put together an outline of topics to cover and he's already written a good portion of it.

With permision from Mike & Chris, we could do 90% of the work right here.

What would you guys like to see covered in "JAVI's Archery Manual"?
    I have made copies of JAVI"S post on this forum and AT and refer to my javi notes often when I'm messing around with my hoyt cams.-----"JAVI's Archery Manual " would also be some good reading material for the bathroom.

Guys... I'd say 85% of what I know about this game is already available to you in book form and the remaining 15% is nothing more than personal tweaks and teaching methods. The truth is; very little in archery is “NEW.” Some coaches want you to believe they have somehow managed to “FIND” the magic bullet that will instantly turn everyone into champions, but no one has that bullet in their arsenal; it doesn't exist.

The secret to shooting well in competitive archery is repetition and all any of us can teach you is what we individually consider to be the easiest form to repeat. However, any form can be repeated if you are willing to put the time in to make it so. All we coaches do is provide short cuts, road maps and occasionally pull you out of the bar ditch but only “YOU” can get you to the final destination through hard work and commitment.

I've been asked before to put my knowledge on paper, but like I said it's already on paper from many of the greats in the game all you have to do is look. I much prefer to do my coaching on a personal basis than to write in a shotgun style hoping to hit something once in a while.

Thanks..
    Last edited by JAVI; 01-22-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Guys... I'd say 85% of what I know about this game is already available to you in book form and the remaining 15% is nothing more than personal tweaks and teaching methods. The truth is; very little in archery is “NEW.” Some coaches want you to believe they have somehow managed to “FIND” the magic bullet that will instantly turn everyone into champions, but no one has that bullet in their arsenal; it doesn't exist.

The secret to shooting well in competitive archery is repetition and all any of us can teach you is what we individually consider to be the easiest form to repeat. However, any form can be repeated if you are willing to put the time in to make it so. All we coaches do is provide short cuts, road maps and occasionally pull you out of the bar ditch but only “YOU” can get you to the final destination through hard work and commitment.

I've been asked before to put my knowledge on paper, but like I said it's already on paper from many of the greats in the game all you have to do is look. I much prefer to do my coaching on a personal basis than to write in a shotgun style hoping to hit something once in a while.

Thanks..
    Do you stll use that quirt on students that don't foller yer directions?