You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default B-Stinger Freestyle XL and Premier

Been noticing quite a few of these at indoors. I know the carbon is said to be both lighter and much stiffer than currently available from any competitor.

Anyone ditch their previous stab for an XL or Premier? If you have, was the difference immediate and noticable?
    Be good or be good at it.

Default Diffiantly good stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Been noticing quite a few of these at indoors. I know the carbon is said to be both lighter and much stiffer than currently available from any competitor.

Anyone ditch their previous stab for an XL or Premier? If you have, was the difference immediate and noticable?

I think think they will be my next stabilizer.

B stinger for BHFS class. You certianly cant argue with those who are winning with Blairs stabilizers.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    I think think they will be my next stabilizer.

B stinger for BHFS class. You certianly cant argue with those who are winning with Blairs stabilizers.
    DB
    Looking to get a 8" for hunting
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

I'm using a 30" premier with a 12" side right. Yes they are nice bars and give you a lot adjustment in weight placement.

But

No they are not magic....if you had a crappy set of bars before then you'll see improvement, but if you had a properly weighted and balanced bow before then you won't notice a huge gain, your biggest gain will be the easy of adding and taking away weight.

Hind sight being king........If I had it to do over, I would look at Coach Bernies bars over on AT.....they are just as stiff(he claims stiffer) with good looking weights at a fraction of the cost.............

Now I'll set back and wait for the B stinger army to attack.....they should be here anytime...zzzzzzz....wait for itzzzzzz wait for itzzzzzzwait for itzzzzz..........

Default I agree across the board Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I'm using a 30" premier with a 12" side right. Yes they are nice bars and give you a lot adjustment in weight placement.

But

No they are not magic....if you had a crappy set of bars before then you'll see improvement, but if you had a properly weighted and balanced bow before then you won't notice a huge gain, your biggest gain will be the easy of adding and taking away weight.

Hind sight being king........If I had it to do over, I would look at Coach Bernies bars over on AT.....they are just as stiff(he claims stiffer) with good looking weights at a fraction of the cost.............

Now I'll set back and wait for the B stinger army to attack.....they should be here anytime...zzzzzzz....wait for itzzzzzz wait for itzzzzzzwait for itzzzzz..........
    The B-Stingers are ok. I especially like the nearly infinite weight adjustment. There are a ton of "kool-aid" drinkers" out there that want you to believe they are the holy grail. I have Doinkers on my indoor bow and B-Stinger Premier's on my 3-d bow. I sure am not in any hurry to drop over $300 to replace the Doinkers.

As far as the BHFS guys winning with B-Stingers I can say from my years of shooting that class that which 12" stab you use has VERY LITTLE to do with how you shoot. Proper weight and balance with the length limitation can be accomplished with most ANY manufacturer's product.

I'd have to throw the "BS" flag on anyone that said that they gained points going from one properly weighted 12" stab to another properly weighted 12" stab.

Default Bs

Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
    The B-Stingers are ok. I especially like the nearly infinite weight adjustment. There are a ton of "kool-aid" drinkers" out there that want you to believe they are the holy grail. I have Doinkers on my indoor bow and B-Stinger Premier's on my 3-d bow. I sure am not in any hurry to drop over $300 to replace the Doinkers.

As far as the BHFS guys winning with B-Stingers I can say from my years of shooting that class that which 12" stab you use has VERY LITTLE to do with how you shoot. Proper weight and balance with the length limitation can be accomplished with most ANY manufacturer's product.

I'd have to throw the "BS" flag on anyone that said that they gained points going from one properly weighted 12" stab to another properly weighted 12" stab.
    I garantee there a difference in 12" stabilizers. Absorbing shock from a short draw stabilizer is a must. It hard for me not to shoot the archery Kinectic stabilizer. I can tell a difference in AEP, Doinker and B Stinger. Actually have shot many and ever ones a little difference.
    DB

I can find several that told me personally they gained points with B stingers and these are the guys winning at the top level.
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 01-22-2010 at 02:14 PM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

yep... difference in the feel of the shot... yes

but points... nope

That's Koolaid
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default Javi

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    yep... difference in the feel of the shot... yes

but points... nope

That's Koolaid

So points cant be gained by equipment? Finding what works well for each shooter will get you points. Why you update equipment then?
    DB

So points cant be gained by equipment? Finding what works well for each shooter will get you points. Why you update equipment then?
    DB

Come on Dan...

A bow that is balanced to your style of shooting is balanced to your style of shooting.. If the mass weight is the same, then there is no difference except feel (vibration on the shot). And I've never thought of vibration after the release to be a factor in my shooting.. your results may vary..

The main differences in stabilizers (except vibration dampening) is weight and weight distribution. Some bows lend themselves to a particular stabilizer primarily because of the rods ability to place the weight in the right place and in the right amount. A heavy mass weight rod is not as easily balanced to most bows as one that is lighter and allows the weight to be placed as needed... But if you are willing to hold the added weight even a heavy rod can be balanced..

Tell me you changed rods and balanced your bow "better" and I'll vote YES, but tell me the brand made the difference and your bow is balanced exactly the same and I'll call BS...
    Last edited by JAVI; 01-22-2010 at 02:30 PM.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default Feel

Come on Dan...

A bow that is balanced to your style of shooting is balanced to your style of shooting.. If the mass weight is the same, then there is no difference except feel (vibration on the shot). And I've never thought of vibration after the release to be a factor in my shooting.. your results may vary..

The main differences in stabilizers (except vibration dampening) is weight and weight distribution. Some bows lend themselves to a particular stabilizer primarily because of the rods ability to place the weight in the right place and in the right amount. A heavy mass weight rod is not as easily balanced to most bows as one that is lighter and allows the weight to be placed as needed... But if you are willing to hold the added weight even a heavy rod can be balanced..

Tell me you changed rods and balanced your bow "better" and I'll vote YES, but tell me the brand made the difference and your bow is balanced exactly the same and I'll call BS...
    You said feel which will help one shoot better. Not just balance. Stabilizers can make a big difference. Been disscussed by several and yes they can make a difference. Carbon compared to steel. There is a difference.
    DB

You said feel which will help one shoot better. Not just balance. Stabilizers can make a big difference. Been disscussed by several and yes they can make a difference. Carbon compared to steel. There is a difference.
    DB
    Yep... there is a difference between Steel & Carbon... weight and dampening effect.. but Like I said.. vibration after the release is a moot point unless you let it creep into your head.. the arrow is gone..

Now the weight thingy... can be major... but again... balanced is balanced unless the mass weight is changed then there can be a difference..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

One "real" advantage of the Stinger movement is the service they offer to shooters. Blair and his crew have helped many shooters get "balanced" for their first time ever.

Their "hands-on" approach is exemplary. They have set so many bow variations up that they can get almost anyone VERY close over the phone even.

This is a service that I have not seen from Doinker, Cartel, Shibuya or even Easton. AEP offers this service and is at many large shoots as is Bernie.

There are some huge variations and "feels" to freestyle length stabs, but I truly feel there is very little you can do with a 12" stab to gain points if the mass weight/balance is the same.

When it comes down to dampening vibration the B-Stingers REALLY fall short of other choices. The Doinker Carbon Elite is pretty tough to beat IMO.

Dan, the new B-Stinger and the new Doinker both look good, plus I'm sure that other manufacturers have great new products on the market. Everyone has to decide on the flavor of Koolaid they want today..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default were talking 2 different critters.....

FS and BHFS stabilizers

I think the b stinger has done so well and made it's biggest impact with BHFS equipment, because it is one of the first BHFS stabilizer that added enough weight to the bow to make a difference in how the bow held. Most BHFS stabilizers before that were mostly made of rubber and alumiummmmm and were focused mostly on vibration control instead of how it made the bow hold.

Default Early years

One "real" advantage of the Stinger movement is the service they offer to shooters. Blair and his crew have helped many shooters get "balanced" for their first time ever.

Their "hands-on" approach is exemplary. They have set so many bow variations up that they can get almost anyone VERY close over the phone even.

This is a service that I have not seen from Doinker, Cartel, Shibuya or even Easton. AEP offers this service and is at many large shoots as is Bernie.

There are some huge variations and "feels" to freestyle length stabs, but I truly feel there is very little you can do with a 12" stab to gain points if the mass weight/balance is the same.

When it comes down to dampening vibration the B-Stingers REALLY fall short of other choices. The Doinker Carbon Elite is pretty tough to beat IMO.
    Most used Bomar stabilizer and before that it was the Okie stabilizer for BHFS. But to make a statement that stabilizers dont make a difference is diffiantly not the case for myself. B-stinger do deaden the shot so much I could not get use to the feel. B-stinger simple work and work well. There well designed for a purpose and in the last few years have won more tournmanets than any other stabilizer and aint because Blair paying big bucks.
    DB

Default Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    FS and BHFS stabilizers

I think the b stinger has done so well and made it's biggest impact with BHFS equipment, because it is one of the first BHFS stabilizer that added enough weight to the bow to make a difference in how the bow held. Most BHFS stabilizers before that were mostly made of rubber and alumiummmmm and were focused mostly on vibration control instead of how it made the bow hold.
    Garantee more BHFS classes have been won with them lately. Apparently they work pretty darn well.
    DB

Default Mike you being an engineer

Dan, the new B-Stinger and the new Doinker both look good, plus I'm sure that other manufacturers have great new products on the market. Everyone has to decide on the flavor of Koolaid they want today..
    Understand there more than just balance in stabilizers today. Pick the one that works for you but when you cant beat them dont bash them for sure, not saying you bashing. B stinger are impressive how many top shooters are using them and winning. I certianly aint going to say there nothing to them when folks are kicking butt with them and not just a few.
    DB

Default Huntelk

Pick up the phone and talk to Blair. Balance isnt what makes them work. Yes there designed to make the bow drop forward.
    There was alot of thought going into that stabilizier and Blair knows how to stop vibration. If you smart enough to disscuss with Blair and understand he pretty smart fellow. Heck I dont even use them but realize how much went into the design of them.
    DB

Doesn't Bernie use the same carbon that Doinker uses? I know the new Doinker Avancee and Fatty's are supposed to be stiffer than what the Doinker a-bomb, but B-stinger still claims theirs is lighter and stiffer.

I'm not expecting to add points persay, more like an extra X or 2 in a round.

Also been claims that Reo and other top pro shooters had or have been paying for these stabilizers w/ their own money they liked them so much??
    Be good or be good at it.

Default Reo and others

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Doesn't Bernie use the same carbon that Doinker uses? I know the new Doinker Avancee and Fatty's are supposed to be stiffer than what the Doinker a-bomb, but B-stinger still claims theirs is lighter and stiffer.

I'm not expecting to add points persay, more like an extra X or 2 in a round.

Also been claims that Reo and other top pro shooters had or have been paying for these stabilizers w/ their own money they liked them so much??
    Those guys can shoot any stabilizers out there. They choose Blairs for reason.
    DB