You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Garanteed money back garantee

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Kind of like I told one of my students when he asked me if I thought he should get a set after he talked to Blair... “If it makes you all warm and fuzzy feeling to have a set of the latest & greatest, then by all means get 'em. After all it's your money and you're grown”
    Doesnt cost you a dime, except maybe some time. When enough archers tell me there scores improved after trying them. World class archers. I take that serious and will always take the archers word. Shoot what works for you!
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default Will see

Quote Originally Posted by JawsDad View Post
    Congrats on the purchase DB. I'll be interested to see how they work for you. These bars have certainly revved the hype machine into full gear the past several months. I tried the original XL bar and did not find it to be anything special, but I never had the opportunity to try the new Premier bars.

But, remember, that guarantee only extends to the short bars... The premier bars are your for keeps, like it or not..
    Blairs always been more than fair to me. You get what you pay for. Having Blair and his stabilizers is like having a coach that goes along with them. He helped many top guns archers. I would rather those in my class dont shoot them
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Im quessing many will be shooting these before long. Winning as well.
    DB
    Ask him what he has on his 3d bow DB, lol couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb View Post
    Ask him what he has on his 3d bow DB, lol couldn't resist
    Keep it up Pibb and you will be sleeping in the bath tub in Gainesville

If you go back to the first page of this thread I stated that I am using the premiers on my 3-D bow. i stated how well I like the infinite weight adjustability.

I also stated how I feel they are not the "holy grail".

The B-Stingers are a good stabilizer. My point is akin to Javi's and Jame's in that there are a lot of great stabilizers out there and that most of the difference between them is MENTAL.

This being a MENTAL sport, I had to try them just to appease my mind. Now that I have done that, I have every bit of confidence in my Doinkers (still on the indoor bow) as I do in my B-Stingers (on the 3-d bow).

If I thought there was a nickle's difference between the two, you would have seen my Doinkers in the classifieds two months ago!

But hey, Reo and Jesse are winning while using B-Stingers....Oh wait a minute, they were winning before they got B-Stingers

They were winning with vantage and pro-elites but are now winning with contender elites ......oh what's a guy to do?

I ordered some B-stingers. Hopefully they are in stock and I'll have them soon. We are looking into stocking these but I have to try them first.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Hunt elk

Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post

If you go back to the first page of this thread I stated that I am using the premiers on my 3-D bow. i stated how well I like the infinite weight adjustability.

The B-Stingers are a good stabilizer. My point is akin to Javi's and Jame's in that there are a lot of great stabilizers out there and that most of the difference between them is MENTAL.

This being a MENTAL sport, I had to try them just to appease my mind. Now that I have done that, I have every bit of confidence in my Doinkers (still on the indoor bow) as I do in my B-Stingers (on the 3-d bow).

If I thought there was a nickle's difference between the two, you would have seen my Doinkers in the classifieds two months ago!

But hey, Reo and Jesse are winning while using B-Stingers....Oh wait a minute, they were winning before they got B-Stingers

They were winning with vantage and pro-elites but are now winning with contender elites ......oh what's a guy to do?
    Wow then Jessee and Reo didnt switch to them because they work?

Jessee one that as done nothing but talk very good about them. I doubt very seriously he is lying when he said they work best for him and have helped him improve his scores.
    DB

Blairs always been more than fair to me. You get what you pay for. Having Blair and his stabilizers is like having a coach that goes along with them. He helped many top guns archers. I would rather those in my class dont shoot them
    DB

Understood.. Just wanted to clarify that the return policy is on the hunter stabs only.. That point came up on AT today and it was explained that there is no 30-day return for the long bars.. Either way, I hope they work for you...

Like I said, I haven't tried the Premier bars. To me, the XL's did not seem to be any different than quite a number of other bars on the market. But, then again, I'm not the level of shooter that might see a big advantage by using them..

Default Jawsdad

Understood.. Just wanted to clarify that the return policy is on the hunter stabs only.. That point came up on AT today and it was explained that there is no 30-day return for the long bars.. Either way, I hope they work for you...

Like I said, I haven't tried the Premier bars. To me, the XL's did not seem to be any different than quite a number of other bars on the market. But, then again, I'm not the level of shooter that might see a big advantage by using them..
    Have you ever tried to contact and talk persoanally with Blair. I highly recommend you do and then maybe you will understand what others have found in his stabilizers. Its more than just buying a stabilizer. Sometimes they do design a better wheel.
    DB

Have you ever tried to contact and talk persoanally with Blair. I highly recommend you do and then maybe you will understand what others have found in his stabilizers. Its more than just buying a stabilizer. Sometimes they do design a better wheel.
    DB
    Yep, I spoke with him when I ordered my XL's originally. At the end of the day, all you can really do is either add or subtract weight and change the angle of your vbars.. You can't move the weight around and you can't vary the length or configuration.. Not really any magic there. Even a goober like myself can figure out how to screw and unscrew weights..

I know there are a lot of guys swearing by them these days.. I'm sure there have been some benefits to those that have switched in whatever form those benefits may take.. But, for me, I don't see it.. I've had this debate with the swarm of b-stingers on AT before including the kings B's themselves. I still believe it's a stabilizer, a good one yes, but still a stabilizer. Seems most of those big names that have switched were shooting pretty stinkin' good before they switched. Perfect before and perfect after is still perfect..

Default All I know.

Yep, I spoke with him when I ordered my XL's originally. At the end of the day, all you can really do is either add or subtract weight and change the angle of your vbars.. You can't move the weight around and you can't vary the length or configuration.. Not really any magic there. Even a goober like myself can figure out how to screw and unscrew weights..

I know there are a lot of guys swearing by them these days.. I'm sure there have been some benefits to those that have switched in whatever form those benefits may take.. But, for me, I don't see it.. I've had this debate with the swarm of b-stingers on AT before including the kings B's themselves. I still believe it's a stabilizer, a good one yes, but still a stabilizer. Seems most of those big names that have switched were shooting pretty stinkin' good before they switched. Perfect before and perfect after is still perfect..
    Is what the pro tells me. If Im taking advice. I want it from someone who winning. Maybe there a good reason they switched and are winning. Winning often is the difference in one shot or one point. I realize this and so do Jessee and other good shooters. Should I think these folks have no understanding what works and what doesnt. Jawsdad who do you listen to? Self coached! Im not near as smart as some who shoot. But I do know who to get advice from.
    DB

PS

If all you got is add or subtract weight. You certianly didnt listen very well. Because I got alot more from him. We disscussed wrist and torgue and what works when your hitting high or low. Tim Ewers may have decided to not listen he may not have went home and shot a 300 30X.

DB
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 02-02-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post

hehe, rubbin's racin!!!! And we will decide who's sleepn in the tub after day one!!!

Is what the pro tells me. If Im taking advice. I want it from someone who winning. Maybe there a good reason they switched and are winning. Winning often is the difference in one shot or one point. I realize this and so do Jessee and other good shooters. Should I think these folks have no understanding what works and what doesnt. Jawsdad who do you listen to? Self coached! Im not near as smart as some who shoot. But I do know who to get advice from.
    DB

PS

If all you got is add or subtract weight. You certianly didnt listen very well. Because I got alot more from him. We disscussed wrist and torgue and what works when your hitting high or low. Tim Ewers may have decided to not listen he may not have went home and shot a 300 30X.

DB

You win, I'm evidently completely wrong.. My apologies for having a contrary opinion than "the pros".

Enjoy your bars DB. I hope they get you that extra X or 2 you need to get back to that 60x. I'll get back to self coaching and someday I'll aspire to get there myself..
    Last edited by JawsDad; 02-02-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Default Works for me

You win, I'm evidently completely wrong.. My apologies for having a contrary opinion than "the pros".

Enjoy your bars DB. I hope they get you that extra X or 2 you need to get back to that 60x. I'll get back to self coaching and someday I'll aspire to get there myself..
    What ever works for you! Maybe travel and get Javi to help coach you. I know what works for myself. No contest here, no one wins. Its a thread
    DB
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 02-02-2010 at 08:49 PM.

An rod of sufficient elastic modulus will allow more weight forward on a longer rod without whip. Plain and simple larger diameter weights allow more weight in a smaller linear area reducing the flexing load on the rod...

Make the front rod longer and put more weight on it and the bow will move less…

it ain't rocket science it's high school physics and geometry..

Blair found a carbon tube of higher elastic modulus without unduly increasing weight and is buying it to make stabilizers.. good for him…

you reckon other folks ain’t gonna buy the same carbon tube in a New York minute…
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default Blair

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    An rod of sufficient elastic modulus will allow more weight forward on a longer rod without whip. Plain and simple larger diameter weights allow more weight in a smaller linear area reducing the flexing load on the rod...

Make the front rod longer and put more weight on it and the bow will move less…

it ain't rocket science it's high school physics and geometry..

Blair found a carbon tube of higher elastic modulus without unduly increasing weight and is buying it to make stabilizers.. good for him…

you reckon other folks ain’t gonna buy the same carbon tube in a New York minute…

Took a simple concept and made a good stabilizer. Many good pros and amatuers are winning with them ever day. Now will someone one day down the line make one better. I sure hope so because in my years of archery equipment has changed and made archers better shooters. I wish it was as simple as many try to make it. But when I talk to archers who devoted there life to archery. They tweak and look for equipment to help there game.
    DB

DB, good luck with your new set stabs. Just hope that sight pitcure said els down when you mount those new stingers to your bow.
    Taking It One Day At a Time

Default You think

Quote Originally Posted by My-Time View Post
    DB, good luck with your new set stabs. Just hope that sight pitcure said els down when you mount those new stingers to your bow.
    I sure hope so! Thats the goal. No magic equipment. Just the seek to find what works.

Javi and Huntelk both are good friends and always alot of fun to disscuss with. They know to never take anything I say in a thread personal.
    DB

Huntelk dishes it out as well as he takes it!!!

Default Few years

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb View Post
    Huntelk dishes it out as well as he takes it!!!
    He will be carrying the kids bow around the range. Son will be kicking his tail.
    DB

The one thing I've learned is there is no positive outcome when it comes to discussing this particular stabilizer. Tried it on AT without success, same goes here.. I guess I'm just the odd duck that doesn't get it..

For some reason, I seem to shoot better with more weight closer to the riser. Put my bow on a scale tonight and it tipped just over 10 pounds. After some extended shooting, it does let me know that I need to get back in the gym. My shot put days are long behind me..