You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Those guys can shoot any stabilizers out there. They choose Blairs for reason.
    DB
    I hear ya, story was just that they were still sponsored by a diff company when they switched.
    Be good or be good at it.

Default Jesee Broadwater

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    I hear ya, story was just that they were still sponsored by a diff company when they switched.
    When Jesee shot that amazing score at outdoor nationals it got the attention of many. Especially when Jesee gave alot of credit to those stabilizers.
    Often times its just a matter of finding what works for you.
    DB

I have seen Hopkins shot alot of different stabilizers well.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Understand there more than just balance in stabilizers today. Pick the one that works for you but when you cant beat them dont bash them for sure, not saying you bashing. B stinger are impressive how many top shooters are using them and winning. I certianly aint going to say there nothing to them when folks are kicking butt with them and not just a few.
    DB
    Dan I think it is the stiffness of the rod and the fact that very stiffness allows you to place the weight farther out which is the real improvement. But again there is a difference in the balance of the bow if you take advantage of that trait. The older Doinker rods would not allow the use of several ounces of weight on the end of the rod without becoming whippy...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Here you go, have a look at this footage. Click on the high speed clip.

http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy118/stihlpro/?
    Taking It One Day At a Time

Quote Originally Posted by My-Time View Post
    Here you go, have a look at this footage. Click on the high speed clip.

http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy118/stihlpro/?

Awesome footage.

Default I saw a difference in how the bow held

I was scepticle also, and I borrowed one from a friend. Within the first 1-2 shots, I noticed how the bow held better than my old stabilizer. True, that you can get the bow to balance with the right weight combination on any stabilizer combinations, but I noticed a difference on how the bow and the pin floated on the target. What b-stinger is claiming is that the stiffer carbon recovers better when holding on target Before the shot breaks when you are trying to hold steady. Because of this, its moment of inertia and momentum recovers to where you are aiming quicker. The doinker vibration thing on the end of a stabilizer is working against you all the time because it is bending all the time. This doinker thing is nice for vibration but not good for holding steady. Is the b-stinger stabilizer it going to help a good shooter yes how much is to be determined. Will a good shooter shoot good with a broom stick on their bow yes. These stabilizers is somehting that you will have to try for yourself and make a determination.

Sorry....

I saw nothing in the video that indicated the bow would be more accurate with one stabilizer over the other. What I saw was a dampening effect after the arrow was gone... while this may or may not affect "YOUR" shot is going to be a subject of debate I'm sure.. I heard the speaker mention the dampening effect of the stiffer rod when settling in for the shot and that I I can see and feel but the video canít catch that.

Again, I agree that as the stiffness of the material increases it will allow more weight to be placed on the front end and a longer rod to be used; both of which can be of benefit only if the individual can utilize the increase in mass weight without adverse effect. For years it has been a challenge to find a balance between the length, weight, and flex of the front rod. Iíve tried multi-rod, aluminum, carbon and combinations of all of the above with mixed results.
    The benefit of increasing the length of the front rod and of adding weight concentrated at the extreme is easy to demonstrate to anyone using a common household broom or mop.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by 300mag View Post
    I was scepticle also, and I borrowed one from a friend. Within the first 1-2 shots, I noticed how the bow held better than my old stabilizer. True, that you can get the bow to balance with the right weight combination on any stabilizer combinations, but I noticed a difference on how the bow and the pin floated on the target. What b-stinger is claiming is that the stiffer carbon recovers better when holding on target Before the shot breaks when you are trying to hold steady. Because of this, its moment of inertia and momentum recovers to where you are aiming quicker. The doinker vibration thing on the end of a stabilizer is working against you all the time because it is bending all the time. This doinker thing is nice for vibration but not good for holding steady. Is the b-stinger stabilizer it going to help a good shooter yes how much is to be determined. Will a good shooter shoot good with a broom stick on their bow yes. These stabilizers is somehting that you will have to try for yourself and make a determination.
    This I agree with.... however one could put the weight directly to the front of a Doinker rod as well, the rubber thingy will unscrew. And some have already done this, the limiting factor is going to be the flex of the rod.

The only advantage I see to the B-Stinger rod is the stiffness and the fact that he makes larger diameter weights which condense the weight distribution.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Well we will see this weekend at LAS shoot. B-Stingers will be put to the test that's for sure!

Well we will see this weekend at LAS shoot. B-Stingers will be put to the test that's for sure!
    Somehow I think it's the archers that are being tested...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

What stabilizer did Reo shoot last year when he shot 660?

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Somehow I think it's the archers that are being tested...
    Mike no doubt about it , it's def the man behind the bow.
    Last edited by My-Time; 01-23-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb View Post
    What stabilizer did Reo shoot last year when he shot 660?
    Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToE8tEkdzV8

Actually, Reo was still shooting Doinkers at LAS last year. He was shooing in the lane next to a good buddy of mine so I got to see him make history. He had so much weight on the end of his main bar that you could see it sag on the end when he was aiming......

Reo was still shooting the Doinkers when he won the outdoor 600 round in Yankton too.

Default B Stinger

Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
    Reo was still shooting the Doinkers when he won the outdoor 600 round in Yankton too.
    I noticed many of the pros using them. I also noticed the guy who won the money class at KC in BHFS was shoot a B Stinger.

Bottomline there good stabilizers and many are winning with them.

Broadwater just won the Nimes European championship with them this weekend as well.

Hoyt and B Stinger seem to be having a banner year again.

I did ask a couple of the pros there if they noticed a big difference with them and most said you need to shoot them to see the difference.

Hacker won the mens using a Doinker.

Still have to be a shooter to win.
    DB
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I noticed many of the pros using them. I also noticed the guy who won the money class at KC in BHFS was shoot a B Stinger.

Bottomline there good stabilizers and many are winning with them.

Broadwater just won the Nimes European championship with them this weekend as well.

Hoyt and B Stinger seem to be having a banner year again.

I did ask a couple of the pros there if they noticed a big difference with them and most said you need to shoot them to see the difference.

Hacker won the mens using a Doinker.

Still have to be a shooter to win.
    DB
    DB
    My point exactly!!! No doubt B Stinger makes a great product either!!

Anyone know how much the Premiere XL rods weigh w/ out wts? Been looking for this for a while and can't find an answer.

Default Weight

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Anyone know how much the Premiere XL rods weigh w/ out wts? Been looking for this for a while and can't find an answer.
    Looks like you can add as nuch weight on the end as you want. Best bet is to call and ask them'
    DB

Looks like you can add as nuch weight on the end as you want. Best bet is to call and ask them'
    DB
    I'm looking for wt. just of the unweighted bar.

I suppose you're right about the call, I'm just afraid if I call and talk to him I will place an order . I'd still like to wait till the shop gets them in to try before dropping $350 on a trial run.