You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Destroyers

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    springstead wi
    Posts
    412

    Default

    the last bows i received came in half tight and half about two turns out . when i called my rep at bowtech to check he said they should be tight . i know him never met you so until im told otherwise il go with tight .just checked two new admirals both tight from factory .unless something changed from this last monday . il call again monday to see if they changed .

  2. #22
    Senior Member MeanV2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    the last bows i received came in half tight and half about two turns out . when i called my rep at bowtech to check he said they should be tight . i know him never met you so until im told otherwise il go with tight .just checked two new admirals both tight from factory .unless something changed from this last monday . il call again monday to see if they changed .
    You better double check that because the Corporate Staff email chain I am in has had quite a bit of discussion on this and the word we have is they are not be tight.

    You can actually loosen them in some cases to where you just have enough clearance for your setup, and at the same time lessen the torque even more. They are set to clear a 26 series shaft with Blazers which is more than needed on most setups. If in doubt leave them alone.

    There is No possible way that a FLX guard even if it were to break on it's own would cause a derail. Simple common sense will tell you that. The videos hopefully will be posted soon. I know they are made but they had to be compacted, uploaded, ect.

    Seriously, Do Not tighten the FLX Guard down. Read Matt/PA's post on AT. I'm sure he knows what is going on. He is at the factory and have discussed this at length with everyone involved in the design.

    Here is a Quote/Post from Matt/PA:
    The FLX guard is in effect adjustable......it's basically a tiny bow limb. When the bow is assembled at the factory the FLX guard assembly is checked against an alignment gauge to make sure the cable clearance is adequate and the same from bow to bow.

    Due to very small differences in the defelctions of the guards each one might be turned in or out slightly different from the next bow being built. One might be 2.5 turns out the next maybe 3? In reality that's a very minor adjustment but it does allow the end user the flexibility (no pun intended ) of adjusting their FLX guard slightly based upon how much clearance they need.

    If you look at it with some common sense, As you tighten the bolt it will pull the cables away more, if you loosen it will allow the rollers to move more to the center.......

    You don't want to tighten it down all the way possibly crushing the butt end of the FLX GUard so I would discourage adding turns to the bolt from the factory as it should have all the clearance you would ever need.......turning the bolt out slightly if you need a little less clearance won't hurt a thing.

    They are set at the factory to provide enough cable clearance for a 2613 with Blazers **** vane out + 1/8" ....That's a lot of clearance.
    If you need a little less and think you could benefit from a little less tension and pull on the cables you could reduce that clearance a bit if you like.
    Again don't tighten it down all the way.....you could damage the end if you over tighten.

    Also just an FYI for those who think the FLX guard is fragile, it's a double layer of fiberglass surrounding a center layer of Kevlar scrim. It's in reality a VERY tough little item.


    Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

  3. #23
    Buckeyes #1 <---- Slippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lithopolis Ohio
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Dan, it doesn't matter the font color, we know bs when we see it.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

  4. #24
    BOWNUTS jdawg240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,442

    Default

    I want to shoot the destoyer but the only shop left around me that still handles Bowtech is a HUGE Hoyt dealer and he wont order one "until the bugs are worked out" his words not mine. Im kinda bummed I wanted to shoot one. Doesnt look like I will now for some time.

    For the record most shops around here dropped Bowtech to handle Elite becasue they are made local now in Michigan. And they all picked up the Quest line (built in the same building). Bowtech kinda was the odd man out in the deal.
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

  5. #25
    Buckeyes #1 <---- Slippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lithopolis Ohio
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdawg240 View Post
    I want to shoot the destoyer but the only shop left around me that still handles Bowtech is a HUGE Hoyt dealer and he wont order one "until the bugs are worked out" his words not mine. ....

    For the record most shops around here dropped Bowtech to handle Elite .....
    makes sense to me. And Elite makes a great bow to boot.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    springstead wi
    Posts
    412

    Default

    they didnt send me anything . il talk to them monday .not saying your not right but thats not what they told me and i just ordered 8 350s.all i can do is repeat what i was told .the 5 i have now came in with the bolt snugged down .3 destroyers and 2 admirals.
    Last edited by upnorth; 01-23-2010 at 01:10 PM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member MeanV2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    they didnt send me anything . il talk to them monday .not saying your not right but thats not what they told me and i just ordered 8 350s.all i can do is repeat what i was told .the 5 i have now came in with the bolt snugged down .3 destroyers and 2 admirals.
    Let me know who you talk to and what they tell you.

    Thanks!
    Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    springstead wi
    Posts
    412

    Default

    thats the problem with some of the manufacturers we can find out more on what going on on the forums than they want to tell us . i would think that if something like this comes up they would just email it to us rather than have to have us hear it from from one on the net .i would think the way your saying is probably right .

  9. #29
    Senior Member MeanV2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    thats the problem with some of the manufacturers we can find out more on what going on on the forums than they want to tell us . i would think that if something like this comes up they would just email it to us rather than have to have us hear it from from one on the net .i would think the way your saying is probably right .
    upnorth, That's the info I was given to give people and to make sure people knew Not to tighten them all the way down as that is Not the way they were designed. I know the normal inclination is to make sure everything is tight on a bow. I would think they would have sent the dealers a Notice on the FLX guard early on since it is New technology this year. Just for their information. I'm sorry they didn't in your case.

    Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

  10. #30
    Buckeyes #1 <---- Slippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lithopolis Ohio
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    upnorth, That's the info I was given to give people .....
    ....
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

  11. #31
    Senior Member MeanV2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    As far as the Videos are concerned I will let everyone know where to find them once they are posted.

    I think you will find them very informative.

    Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

  12. #32
    Senior Member hstubblefield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    I am sure I will get one and never have a problem great bows
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    springstead wi
    Posts
    412

    Default

    what i found out . is that they are set at the factory and they dont want the customers to re adjust them . being snuged down wont hurt anything but you dont want to tighten down real tight because you could crush it . he told me how to adjust it but said the best thing is leave it the way the factory set .told him that the customers will tighten everything down and i need to know how to get it back .so now i know how . sorry for my first answer in this post but all i did was relay what i was told the first time .

  14. #34
    Senior Member MeanV2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    what i found out . is that they are set at the factory and they dont want the customers to re adjust them . being snuged down wont hurt anything but you dont want to tighten down real tight because you could crush it . he told me how to adjust it but said the best thing is leave it the way the factory set .told him that the customers will tighten everything down and i need to know how to get it back .so now i know how . sorry for my first answer in this post but all i did was relay what i was told the first time .
    No Problem! I'm glad everyone is on the same page. Just want to make sure everyone has the correct info. Thanks for posting Bob!

    Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

  15. #35
    Senior Member MeanV2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Here is a video of just what would happen were a FLX guard to break at full draw. Pretty uneventful to be honest.

    You can spin it anyway you want but it will Not change the fact that if a FLX guard were to break (highly unlikely) it would not cause the bow to derail.

    On the other hand if you derail the bow or dry fire it through operator error it can but may not always cause the FLX guard to br jerked out of it's mounting.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBW2Y3FoHA

    Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •