You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Got a new toy Bowtech Sentinel FLX

I just got a 2010 Bowtech Sentinel FLX in Blue Flame. I shot the Sentinel last year for 3D and it was a good shooter. The only flaw I found was it tuned inside of center. Not really a big deal but it was there.

So the 2010 arrives. I put a trophy taker spring steel on it. Set the center shot right down the middle and set the nocking point level and tied my loop.

Walked out to the paper tuning rack with Goldtip Series 22 Pro and shot a perfect bullet hole, first arrow.

The bow is set from the factory at 29" (didn't measure yet) and 61.1 # (confirmed on my scale).

I have not chrono'd the bow yet but the birth cert says 321 at 29". It looks like I'll be able to get another pound or two out of it which will be great for those 333gr Goldtips.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

No Pics??

The FLX Guard will undoubtedly allow Bows to be tuned easily straight down the middle for most archers.

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Well, I've been trying to set up my 09 Sentinel and have about given up. I can't get it to group. I've gone from way inside center to out and nothing seems to help. Tried different tip weights in my 250 LJ's ranging from 90 up to 140. Changed poundage from 61 to 70...very frustrating. About ready to go back to my ole Rival Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dwoodfin View Post
    Well, I've been trying to set up my 09 Sentinel and have about given up. I can't get it to group. I've gone from way inside center to out and nothing seems to help. Tried different tip weights in my 250 LJ's ranging from 90 up to 140. Changed poundage from 61 to 70...very frustrating. About ready to go back to my ole Rival Pro!
    Sorry to hear that I shot an 09 BowTech Sentinel last year and I honestly believe it was one of the easiest bows to group with out to 60 yards I ever shot. I think it took less than 30 minutes to tune and it tuned right down the middle.

I killed my 1st Rio Turkey with it last Spring!

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    Sorry to hear that I shot an 09 BowTech Sentinel last year and I honestly believe it was one of the easiest bows to group with out to 60 yards I ever shot. I think it took less than 30 minutes to tune and it tuned right down the middle.

I killed my 1st Rio Turkey with it last Spring!

Dan
    I agree with MeanV... I didn't have any trouble getting this bow to group at all. The 2010 should be even better.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Are the buss cables coming over in your sight picture at full draw...?
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Quote Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
    Chris we need some pics of that bad boy I cant wait to get my Blackop 340 and my special edtion swat
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

That's cool i just ordered one today in the black ops, can't wait till it gets here.

I was curious about this as well? and anyone know the mass weight of the bare bow?
    Last edited by alaz; 05-10-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dwoodfin View Post
    I had a 09 as well could not get it to tune for spit, sold it and got the 10 tuned right down the middle took all of two shots for a perfect tear. love the way this bow shoots and groups and now that it tunes i know that any bad shot is on me.
    11 Invasion 10 sentinel trophy taker carter, sur-loc, doinker

Eliteist

not even close.

i have had two bows with the FLX guard and they do not come into view at all. (the cables)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I just got a 2010 Bowtech Sentinel FLX in Blue Flame. I shot the Sentinel last year for 3D and it was a good shooter. The only flaw I found was it tuned inside of center. Not really a big deal but it was there.

So the 2010 arrives. I put a trophy taker spring steel on it. Set the center shot right down the middle and set the nocking point level and tied my loop.

Walked out to the paper tuning rack with Goldtip Series 22 Pro and shot a perfect bullet hole, first arrow.

The bow is set from the factory at 29" (didn't measure yet) and 61.1 # (confirmed on my scale).

I have not chrono'd the bow yet but the birth cert says 321 at 29". It looks like I'll be able to get another pound or two out of it which will be great for those 333gr Goldtips.
    I am going to order a 2010 Sentinel FLX in a couple of weeks. I have always shot a 70 lb bow but I am thinking of dropping back to a 60lb rig. I only hunt deer and turkey so I don't really need all that poundage and it would be nice to be able to hold back a bit longer on those turkeys. can I ask what kind of speed you are getting with your set up?
    Thanks
    Brian

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

I have the 2010 sentinal apg I have a terible back problem so went from 60 to 50 this year and this bow is great I could hold it back all day and pulling it is a breeze shoots as far into my block as my friends 60 lbs bow at 40 yards and shoots so good best bow I have shot this one will be a keeper my wife will be happy about that as I have bought them all then sold them in search for the perfict bow.