You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Site Guru

Default Anyone else lose the archery bug?

I'm ashamed to say it but I've lost the archery bug... it happens every year, just as hunting season starts I completely stop shooting my bow except for that 1 super important arrow.

My spot scores normally drop from upper 200's to mid 100's when I begin shooting again in the spring, where I'll work back up to where I was when hunting season started the year before... its a cycle, happened the same way for the last 3 years of hunting and its happening this year also.

Am I alone in this issue? Is this happening to lots of people or am I just a loser with no dedication or drive to the sport?
    No I'm not dead

I don't know if I'd say I "lost the BUG", but I don't shoot as often during hunting season. A couple arrows a week just to make sure my setup is still right where it was before I stuck it in the truck . I think I'm still into archery as much as I was in August.
    Now is the time of the year when I look at my setup to see what I want to change after season is over.

I think its pretty common. Spring, Summer and Fall are pretty nice, it's easier to be out and about shooting. Winter hits, it cold and more important it's hunting season. We concentrate more on the one shot we need, more than the ones that got us here. That's my opinion anyway. Good Hunting!
    Keith
    NBEF Instructor
    South Dakota - Iowa

maybe there is a support group we can all join.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    maybe there is a support group we can all join.......
    hahah yeah Archery Slackers Support (you figure out the acronnym, I don't wanna get banned)

I didn't even go hunting today! (I may cry, to much other stuff to do) I think I'm gonna take off one or 2 days this coming week. We should be in the middle to end of the rut right now in NE PA and I haven't hunted it nearly enough yet.
    No I'm not dead

If it weren't for shooting with my wife, helping her along I wouldn't be shooting as much as summer. Shot my deer a month ago allready so looking for any changes I might made on my set up. Jump to heavier limps.

Na i dont get any bug... we already started out indoor 3d leauge, started 2 weeks ago, so i go from hunting, right into that, it runs till about march, after then, the outdoor 3d stuff is getting going,and that pretty much takes me right into hunting season, so im shooting alot pretty much the entire year!! Its fun and i like to go shoot!!

I have the same problem and now with my local shop closed I no longer have an indoor range close to home. Guess I'm going to have to find another range to shoot at.

"HONDA"

I do shoot less during hunting season but that's more because of time than anything else. Think about it... You spend more or less a whole weekend sitting in a treestand amd work during the week not to mention household chores. I also think in the back of my mind that if my bow is set up and tuned to where I'm confident in it, I don't want to mess it up by practicing... If that makes any sense at all.

Ron

I dont shoot as much as i like, i still try to shoot saturday mornings before work.
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS
    Myspace:myspace.com/08_stroker

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I don't know if I'd say I "lost the BUG", but I don't shoot as often during hunting season. A couple arrows a week just to make sure my setup is still right where it was before I stuck it in the truck . I think I'm still into archery as much as I was in August.
    Now is the time of the year when I look at my setup to see what I want to change after season is over.
    i do the same thing for the end of the season i already know tha i wasnt blazer veins instead of the one that came on my CX terminators and a new peep for sure
    Fred Bear Buckmaster series, TruGlo 5 pin ultraGlo,
    whisker biscut, Limbsaver S-coil
    Carbon Express Terminators, 125gr. Muzzzy 3 Blade, Blazer veins