You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: more #s

Default more #s

I've been thinking of moving up to 70# limbs on my justice. I can shoot my bow set at 63#s in any position right now. I was told a bow shoots best cranked all the way up. Will I be a sad boy if I can't work my way up to 73#s? And I had shoulder surgery on my bow arm so its not quit as good as it should be. Any comments????????????????

It may be true that older bows of yesterday shot better, quieter with the limbs bottomed out but IMO with todays bows that isnt totally true.

If you are happy with the way your bow shoots at 63# then why worry about it unless you are after more speed. Your shoulder might prefer the lower pounds anyway.

If you are accurate with the way your set-up is why change, unless after more speed. Your shoulder will be you liniting factor. While shooting your bow alot of small muscles around shoulder are used, be very careful the last thing you want to do is reinjure your shoulder. When shooting your sessions limit yourself and make sure you follow a pre-shooting stretch, to lossen and warm up our muscles. Consistancy and accuracy should be the final outcome.

I agree with tek on this one that older bows shoot better bottomed out but with the newer parrallel limbed bows I do not think this is the case. If you are shooting good then why change your current setup???

"HONDA"

I shoot everything at 63lbs and have not found anything I cant shoot w/that......I have had back problems and 63 is about my limit......the max I ever order on abow is 60lb limbs........
    I cut things up and split them down!