You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: new bow

  1. #1
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default new bow

    Just got my New Breed Genetix, split limb model

    It is by far, the smoothest drawing bow I ever pulled.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  2. #2
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    I am still working on getting it sighted in and have some new arrows to try..

    at 27 3/8" draw and 40#, i will let you know what the stats are when we get the chrono out.

    i'm shooting pins with 4x lens and they settle on the dot very well.... i am getting a scope this week, so we will see how that works out.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  3. #3
    Senior Member asa1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Looks awesome

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South East Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,342

    Default

    New Breed has put up a couple of good ones this year from the sounds of it. Yours looks great. I hope you do well with it.
    FBSA Member

  5. #5
    Paddle in water RxBowhunterKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Great looking bow Julie!
    Crackerized '09 Rytera Alien-X, Easton ACC 3-49's, Sword Twilight Hunter, NAP Hellrazer 100gr
    Martin/Rytera Archery Pro Staff;Sword Acu-Site Shooting Staff
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff; Paradigm Archery Staff; Vapor Trail Pro Staff

  6. #6
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Short Brace heigth

    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    Just got my New Breed Genetix, split limb model

    It is by far, the smoothest drawing bow I ever pulled.
    What is that brace heigth on that bow? Axle to axle as well?
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

  7. #7
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    What is that brace heigth on that bow? Axle to axle as well?
    DB
    Specifications for the Genetix:

    IBO Rating: 345 fps (30 70 lbs)
    Axle-to-Axle: 33.5 inches
    Brace Height: 7 inches
    Draw Weight: 50, 60 & 70 lb max
    Draw Lengths: 24.5 - 30 inches
    Bow Weight: 3.8 lbs


    Dan they have a real nice and steady 37.5" target bow that i tried, but it just wasn't going to be fast enough for me with my wimpy draw weight. Tony is shooting it this year and it took a lot for him to give up his Hoyt... he's impressed.

    There is a shorty (30.5) for short draw archers that gets some super nice speeds, even though the IBO speed isnt real impressive, the speeds at short draw are, and its smooth too... its called the Nemesis.

    i'm real pleased with these guys.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  8. #8
    Senior Member hstubblefield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    Specifications for the Genetix:

    IBO Rating: 345 fps (30 70 lbs)
    Axle-to-Axle: 33.5 inches
    Brace Height: 7 inches
    Draw Weight: 50, 60 & 70 lb max
    Draw Lengths: 24.5 - 30 inches
    Bow Weight: 3.8 lbs


    Dan they have a real nice and steady 37.5" target bow that i tried, but it just wasn't going to be fast enough for me with my wimpy draw weight. Tony is shooting it this year and it took a lot for him to give up his Hoyt... he's impressed.

    There is a shorty (30.5) for short draw archers that gets some super nice speeds, even though the IBO speed isnt real impressive, the speeds at short draw are, and its smooth too... its called the Nemesis.

    i'm real pleased with these guys.
    Nice bow Julie I will have to be shooting my Captian
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

  9. #9
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Good Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    Specifications for the Genetix:

    IBO Rating: 345 fps (30 70 lbs)
    Axle-to-Axle: 33.5 inches
    Brace Height: 7 inches
    Draw Weight: 50, 60 & 70 lb max
    Draw Lengths: 24.5 - 30 inches
    Bow Weight: 3.8 lbs


    Dan they have a real nice and steady 37.5" target bow that i tried, but it just wasn't going to be fast enough for me with my wimpy draw weight. Tony is shooting it this year and it took a lot for him to give up his Hoyt... he's impressed.

    There is a shorty (30.5) for short draw archers that gets some super nice speeds, even though the IBO speed isnt real impressive, the speeds at short draw are, and its smooth too... its called the Nemesis.

    i'm real pleased with these guys.
    Thats a good brace heigth. Good luck and hope you have a good year.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

  10. #10
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Thanks... i'm real pleased with it.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    lenapah oklahoma
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Nice bow Julie!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Archerdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    896

    Default

    nice!! so you are getting a scope what class are you moving to?

  13. #13
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archerdad View Post
    nice!! so you are getting a scope what class are you moving to?
    well, i am going to try moving to Open for ASA. I really dont care for known yardage, but i dont know if i'll be able to figure out the scope thing... I have a very odd mindset on how i look through my housing, so, it's all up in the air right now.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  14. #14
    Senior Member Archerdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    896

    Default

    cool. hope it all works out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •