You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default How often do you shoot?

Just wondering how often others shoot? For those that shoot competivly what type of routine do you follow? How often do you compete?

Through the summer and early fall I try to shoot at least every other day. But once season hits for some reason I only shoot about once a week. I know I should continue my practice through the season but do not put the time in when I could be hunting.

"HONDA"

Good question,
    I shoot as much as my job and the weather will allow me. Most of the time about 3-4 times per week while working and with decent weather. In my off of work weeks I will shoot 2-3 times a day or around 200 plus arrows a day everyday. I mainly only bow hunt and shoot 3Ds but play a little with indoor 5 spots but usually dont have the time for that. I try to attend a 3D shoot every weekend thru the summer if possible.

During hunting season I try and shoot 3 to 4 time a week. If I have enough time I shoot 2 to 3 hours. If not I shoot 12 arrows with form being my main concern. I shoot 300 paper after hunting season and 2 or more 3-D's a weekend starting in Febuary. I am Lucky that my Daughter and Wife shoot also. So no real problems with making time for shooting. It is a family thing and I am very LUCKY.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Smile

Well I have been told that I am excessive, maybe even a little obsessive.. I shoot about six days a week for about 2 to 4 hours. My bow is an easy draw so I would shoot all day if I didnt have other things that I absolutely had to do.

I just hate it when my boyfriend gripes because I spend more time shooting than I spend with him. See, if he would just grab a bow then I could have the best of both worlds

Try as we may, I guess we cant have everything we want

rdnkgrl_robinhood
    valee_girl70@yahoo.com

Just got back into shooting a bow and bow hunting. I shoot about 3 times a week, about 50-80 arrows per session. I had to break in a new bow since I sold my Mathews Switchback and purchased a new Hoyt Trykon, but I like to shoot. My shooting and holding arms finally started to build back up, so the pain has gone away and I feel much better shooting, but when I start getting tired, I get less accurate.

Take Care and God Bless!

Ed
    "I don't go to church much, but I see the beauty of God everytime I walk in the woods".

-E Duffy Sr.
    (1946-1993)

Bowtech Guardian (29" DL, 63 lbs.)
    Bows Owned:
    Mathews Switchback/Switchback XT
    Hoyt Trykon/Vulcan

I shoot from 2 to 7 days a week. Depends on mood, work and things around the house I guess. I'm lucky enough to have a 1/2 acre lot that backs up to a heavily wooded area. I have a 20, 30 and 40 yard 'range' in the back yard with a shooting line and arrow quiver/holder/PVC Tube glued to a board. Shooting for me is nothing more than getting the bow out and going out the back door. I'll shoot anywhere from 12 to 50 arrows at a time. I really enjoy it but work, hunting season this time of year and things around the house get in the way. Just bought another tree stand. Been trying to figure out how it goes together since the instructions were clearly written by somebody who don't speak or understand english. The pictures are unintelligible...

Ron

I try to shoot as often as possible. But with work it gets pretty hard to shoot as often as i would like.
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS
    Myspace:myspace.com/08_stroker

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I shoot from 2 to 7 days a week. Depends on mood, work and things around the house I guess. I'm lucky enough to have a 1/2 acre lot that backs up to a heavily wooded area. I have a 20, 30 and 40 yard 'range' in the back yard with a shooting line and arrow quiver/holder/PVC Tube glued to a board. Shooting for me is nothing more than getting the bow out and going out the back door. I'll shoot anywhere from 12 to 50 arrows at a time. I really enjoy it but work, hunting season this time of year and things around the house get in the way. Just bought another tree stand. Been trying to figure out how it goes together since the instructions were clearly written by somebody who don't speak or understand english. The pictures are unintelligible...

Ron
    1/2 an acre? thats rough. I'm on a full acre and think my neighbors are WAY to close.
    No I'm not dead

I try to shoot for 15 minuets or so everyday at lunch but that does not always happen.....Shot today fro 15-20-25-30-35 and its still dialed in so maybe tomarow will be the day.....its supposed to rain though.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

When I am not traveling for work (which is about always), I shoot every day... at lunch or in the evening, sometimes both. Each time I shoot though may not be for long periods of time, I try to do more quality time than length. Sometimes I may just go in the yard or to the club and shoot 6-12 arrows and go home. Other times I may stay there and shoot 50 + arrows at balloons, spots or anything else that gives a challenge.

well with the time changing and it getting dark early it is kinda hard for me to shoot everyday since i dont get off work till 5:00. But in the summer time i usually shoot everyday. I wish i could shoot everyday just not enough day light.
    T.R.U Ball Staff Shooter
    Bohning Archery Staff Shooter

During hunting season, since it is getting dark earlier only once a week. But in the off season 2-3 days a week 30-40 arrows and a 3d on the weekend. And of course any woodchuck stupid enough to cross my path

I use to shoot almost everynight. Had a target in a cabinet in the living room. When I got married Wife wanted to redecorate. Cabinet and target went out the door. It's dark when we get home this time of year. We try to turn enough lights on between the house and garage to shoot a dozen arrows at least one night aweek and again on sat or sun afternoon.

Yeah Dredly, I know what you mean.

However, considering where I am 1/2 acre is quite a lot. I have by far the biggest lot in the area.

I also benefit from having about 150 yards deep of wooded area behind the house. So if I shoot a flyer it'll most likely hit a tree or the ground and definitely would not hit another house or person...

Well, I am pretty much a 3-d shooter, and I only shoot tournaments durning the winter, and in the spring I may shoot 2 times a week, but when summer comes, I only shoot tournaments again.

But now I am trying spots. so starting in Dec, I will be shooting 4 to 5 times per week to master spots.
    Mathews!!
    vibracheck stabilizers
    carbon express
    steiner optics
    custom bow equipment