You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Final ASA Schedule for Oklahoma

Below are the scheduled dates for the state qualifiers and the state tournament.
    Please contact the hosting range(s) for driving directions, type of start
    (Trickle or shotgun) and start times.

All ASA Qualifiers will be a 20 Targets Score (If more than 20 targets are offered,
    Targets number 1 – 20 will be used for official score)
    Each qualifier and state shoot will follow ASA Tournament Rules. Each range has a copy of these regulations and they are also available at www.asaarchery.com.

(Please see the bottom of Schedule for new rules for Oklahoma ASA)

**12 Ring Archery Contact: Dean Sliger Tupelo OK
    Feb 27th & 28th (580) 371 8111

**Cedar Ridge Archery Contact: Rick Stubblefield Enterprise OK
    March 20th & 21st (918) 441 9614

Outlaw Archery Contact: Danny Mooris Ada OK
    March 13 & 14 (580) 332 5648

**Oklahoma City Gun Club Contact: David Baker OKC
    April 10th & 11th (405) 315-6085

Cherokee Strip Archery Contact: Gary Hovis Enid OK
    April 18th Sunday Only (580)234 1051

**Blue Bottom Archery Contact: Jamie Jamison Durant OK
    May 8th & 9th (918) 640 1270

Quail Ridge Archery Contact Dave Tucumseh OK
    May 15th (405) 306 1578

Osage Archery Contact: Albert Nitz Bartlesville OK
    May 29th &30th (918) 336 0898

**Coyote Bluff Family Archery Contact: Darrel Trout Bristow OK
    June 12th & 13th (918) 367 9340

Chain Ranch Outfitters Contact: Mason Banta Canton OK
    June 19th & 20th (580) 886-5982

**Trosper archery is not having a Qualifier but is helping with the Pig hunt

Note The Range’s with ** by there name is the ranges who made a Pig Hunt Possible for this years as a Thank You Gift to the Archers Supporting ASA Your name will go into a Box for each qualifier you shoot and twice for each Qualifier you shoot at a ranges who sponsored the Hunt. The Pig hunt will be given away at the state Championship shoot. Be sure to say thanks to the Following Ranges

State Championship

Cedar Ridge Archery Contact: Rick Stubblefield Enterprise OK
    July 10th and 11th (918) 441 9614
    NEW Shooter of the year Program

An average system will be utilized for Picking Shooter of the Year. A minimum of 5 qualifiers and the state tournament will be required to be eligible for Shooter of the Year program. . Each class must have an average of 5 shooters per Class shooting for SOY in order to have a Shooter of the Year. No SOY will be awarded for Open C or Bow Novice class. This system is based on the Oklahoma guidelines for Shooter of the Year. ( All Qualifiers shot by an archer will be used to average the archers score)

NEW Move up Rules in Oklahoma ASA
    Bow Novice and Open C classis are for Novices Shooters so in Oklahoma you can only shoot Shot two years in either class on the Third year you will move into either Bow Hunter class or Open B Class Bow Novices can move into Open C (open C class is a move up from Bow Novices) but Open C can not move into Bow Novices,
    NEW Any One who Wins there class in any State will move up into the next advanced Class,
    Women’s Open, Men’s Unlimited, All Senior classis, Open A and Simi Pro class will be considered top class and will use National Rules to move up

NEW This year a Pig Hunt give away for Oklahoma ASA .
    For each Qualifier you shoot your name will go into a hat for a drawing And Twice for shooting the Range’s who made it possible Drawing being held at the State championship Shoot, the pig hunt will be hosted at Rocky-Top Ranch in Oklahoma.

Darrel Trout – ASA Representative / Oklahoma – 918-367-9340

Default Question

So once someone wins semi pro in state. They must move to pros?

There actually is no pro classes on state level.

What about senior open class. If somoene wins it they have to move to pro?

Will this effect where they have to shoot on pro am level?
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I can't answer any of your other questions but I do know where you shoot on the state level has no bearing on what class you shoot at the pro/ams.
    Goldtip Arrows,T.R.U. Ball Releases
    ,Bohning vanes

Default Very good rule Chad

Quote Originally Posted by okarcher View Post
    I can't answer any of your other questions but I do know where you shoot on the state level has no bearing on what class you shoot at the pro/ams.
    It should never effect the pro am level. The level of compition on pro am level is far batter than state.

Also we must post this move up is shooter of the year. So if you dont want to move up. Dont win it! Promblem is some dont want to move from hunter class. There happy shooting pins and short hunting type set ups.

State level has been doing so well. Change can be a good thing and bad thing. Often these rules are set forth by the ASA.

Im quessing there will be half and half or is this each ranges call to make?

How many targets will be shot at Qaulifiers?

I was hoping to see something to promote the pros on state level.

Im going back to avergae joe class where I belong. Mainly because Im a poboy and paying those higher entry fees made me a even poorer person last year.
    DB

OKARCHER is a snadbagger and belongs in pro class
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 02-04-2010 at 09:50 AM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I really wish I could say I was a sandbagger Maybe after this year I can take claim to that.
    ,Bohning vanes

Default Chad

I really wish I could say I was a sandbagger Maybe after this year I can take claim to that.
    No one ever accuses me of being a sandbagger. Guess you got to be good to get that title
    DB

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    So once someone wins semi pro in state. They must move to pros?

There actually is no pro classes on state level.

What about senior open class. If somoene wins it they have to move to pro?

Will this effect where they have to shoot on pro am level?
    DB
    Dan
    i think you have some good questions on the olkahoma move up is after you get to simi pro class if there is not class above it then you will shoot that but if there is a class above it them you will move up Hunters can move into unlimmited and so on i would love to come up with something for the pro class and in oklahoma we have a buckle and you can also get your name in the drawing for the Pig hunt this year Oklahoma does have something for the pro Class its just not something ASA at a national leval is doing its all done by are state.

any Ideas welcome
    Darrel

It should never effect the pro am level. The level of compition on pro am level is far batter than state.

Also we must post this move up is shooter of the year. So if you dont want to move up. Dont win it! Promblem is some dont want to move from hunter class. There happy shooting pins and short hunting type set ups.

State level has been doing so well. Change can be a good thing and bad thing. Often these rules are set forth by the ASA.

Im quessing there will be half and half or is this each ranges call to make?

How many targets will be shot at Qaulifiers?

I was hoping to see something to promote the pros on state level.

Im going back to avergae joe class where I belong. Mainly because Im a poboy and paying those higher entry fees made me a even poorer person last year.
    DB

OKARCHER is a snadbagger and belongs in pro class
    The Ranges voted on the moveup in oklahoma and the number of targets will be 20 for a Qualifier ASA does make the Rules Oklahoma is doing what Taxas has started years ago with a state move up Rule all Good Questions. in any state in ASA Federation there is nothing for the pros except oklahoma we hope to have Oklahoma Pros shoot the Qualifier with a State Championship buckle offer and also they get the same chance for the pig hunt

Darrel
    Last edited by coyotebluff; 02-04-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Default Classes

It is my understanding that what you shoot in your state level is the class you must shoot in pro/am level. Had this discussion last year with some people and checked into it. I could be wrong, but I do think that if you shoot semi pro in you state you shouldn't be able to go to pro/am and shoot open c for instantance. Just my thought. Good luck to everyone this year and shoot straight.
    Elisha Plum--Hoyt Staff--VANGUARD Pro Staff--Goldtip Staff--Archery Outpost--Sure-Loc--Proud member of Creek County Archers

Quote Originally Posted by luvcamogirl View Post
    It is my understanding that what you shoot in your state level is the class you must shoot in pro/am level. Had this discussion last year with some people and checked into it. I could be wrong, but I do think that if you shoot semi pro in you state you shouldn't be able to go to pro/am and shoot open c for instantance. Just my thought. Good luck to everyone this year and shoot straight.
    your right what you shoot for state is the same you shoot for pro/am shoots

Mike Tyrell informed me that the state level has no influnce on what you shoot at a pro/am. The Pro/ams have a set of rules on their own to move people out of classes. There are several people who shoot a higher level at state than at pro/ams cause the competition isn't as tough.
    ,Bohning vanes

Default I agree

Mike Tyrell informed me that the state level has no influnce on what you shoot at a pro/am. The Pro/ams have a set of rules on their own to move people out of classes. There are several people who shoot a higher level at state than at pro/ams cause the competition isn't as tough.
    Dee Failks has said more than once the state level has nothing to do with move up list on pro am level. Two seperate deals.
    DB

Think about it. You cannot compare state with pro am level.

Default Open C is for novice

Quote Originally Posted by luvcamogirl View Post
    But you can shoot Open B. Rules on the pro am said untell you have won so much money you dont move up on the pro am level. Ill find out but unless they have changed. Pro am dont have anything to do with Pro am level.
    DB

Default Pros

Quote Originally Posted by coyotebluff View Post
    Dan
    i think you have some good questions on the olkahoma move up is after you get to simi pro class if there is not class above it then you will shoot that but if there is a class above it them you will move up Hunters can move into unlimmited and so on i would love to come up with something for the pro class and in oklahoma we have a buckle and you can also get your name in the drawing for the Pig hunt this year Oklahoma does have something for the pro Class its just not something ASA at a national leval is doing its all done by are state.

any Ideas welcome
    Darrel
    Darryl will get Art and those guys to decide what they want to do this year. Im quessing a $40.00 entry with pay back would be good.
    D

Default Here something I didnt know

They can make you move to known yardage from Open A.

Whats up with that?

Link

http://asaarchery.com/news/index.php...pper&Itemid=56

Default I got a question

Where do they move the old timers in Senior Open?

Dont see any move up list. Once you get Senior open your there for life?
    DB

Where do they move the old timers in Senior Open?

Dont see any move up list. Once you get Senior open your there for life?
    DB
    Super Senior DB
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

Default Got to be older to go there

Quote Originally Posted by hstubblefield View Post
    Super Senior DB
    Im not old enough for super senior.
    DB

Im not old enough for super senior.
    DB
    Ok DB why arent you in FL
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

Default Why

Quote Originally Posted by hstubblefield View Post
    Ok DB why arent you in FL
    Because Im a PO boy. Paris will be my first.
    DB