You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

maybe we can make a difference in 2010.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by ba3darcher View Post
    Richard-

I believe since you didnt win any money in the K50 you can move back
    Me too but I read this last week and PM'd Mike on the ASA website. He said to send in a request letter.

Here is what the rule said:
    Competitors in all other Pro Classes that have not won any prize money in their most recent two years of competition may request to be considered for the highest amateur class available for their equipment setup subject to the submission and approval of a written request to the Competition Committee. Competing in any Pro Class requires the payment of an annual ASA Pro Certification.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

I agree completely with what Richard was trying to do with Open B being dead in OK. locally but at the same time when you give a little lead way some people are there to exploit the system. I mean look at me for instance yes I won out of hunter class in the nationals yet I never even come close to dominating in the hunter division locally. I never won State in Tx or OK and was beat several times by other shooters throughout the year. So if I did not participate in Nat shoots I would never have been kicked out of hunter. So to say National shoots have no bearing is a false statement. If in any form it has a bearing I for one believe it should be that way for all and not just for certain scenarios, just trying to make point it has got to be fair for all.

Default Few thoughts

Lots of good suggestions.

But often the state reps hands are tied by ASA.

We should disscuss this but not in open forum.

Darryl and Luke can get a time set up. Maybe at one of the shoots before the first qaulifier (Coyote Bluff) and anyone who wants to come who is a registered ASA member can attend and give there ideas.

Make the rules and stick to them. My biggest thing is they often are not written down or explained and its confusing.

Good Luck to all this year. I truly appreciate all the hard work Luke/Annette and Darryl have done along with others here in this state to make this a class act. Im so proud of Oklahoma Archery and how it has envolved over the last five years. Its takes everyone to make this happen.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I'm not sure what to think of all this, mostly because this is my first year really shooting tournaments. I have shot at one 3d tournament(lost or destroyed all my arrows by the target 12 or 13 ), and shot a partial practice round w/ some of the Green Country Posse. So, we that said, I am considered a NOVICE right???
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

Default No doubt

Quote Originally Posted by TMax27 View Post
    I'm not sure what to think of all this, mostly because this is my first year really shooting tournaments. I have shot at one 3d tournament(lost or destroyed all my arrows by the target 12 or 13 ), and shot a partial practice round w/ some of the Green Country Posse. So, we that said, I am considered a NOVICE right???
    Novice rookie on the tour this year. But now if you keep improving that indoor game. I may have to revoke your novice card. Your going to enjoy ASA for sure. Your also going to fit right in with us. Dont be skeered
    DB

PS
    You and the wife make plans to attend Texas and Im talking shoot. This aint no spectator sport. Might as well jump in whole hogg right off.
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 02-10-2010 at 11:23 PM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Yup, novice is right. Don't sweat it, it's really not to confusing when you've been in for a while, it will all make sense later.

Just go out and have fun if you have any questions you can ask any of us.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK

Default Tmax27

I remember when Richard (Dicksenn)shot his first one. Now he a super shooter. We all start somewhere.
    DB

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    PS
    You and the wife make plans to attend Texas and Im talking shoot. This aint no spectator sport. Might as well jump in whole hogg right off.
    We already have our hotel booked I have my ASA member registration completed, now just waiting for them to send me my number so I can register for the shoot I will be shooting, but Sarah hasn't decided yet if she will. She is shooting her first 5-spot tournament on Saturday w/ her Martin Leopard. By the end of next week, I should have all the parts in to put her new GT500 w/ Cuda cams together Happy Valentines to her

Quote Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
    Yup, novice is right. Don't sweat it, it's really not to confusing when you've been in for a while, it will all make sense later.

Just go out and have fun if you have any questions you can ask any of us.
    I always have questions its my nature to over analyze things, which is a carry-over from my profession.

Quote Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
    Me too but I read this last week and PM'd Mike on the ASA website. He said to send in a request letter.

Here is what the rule said:

Richard-

Did you have to pay a pro certification last year when you shot the K50 class? If you didnt you were not considered a pro and can go back to amateur class, if you did pay you might be stuck even though the K50 is not a pro class

Quote Originally Posted by ba3darcher View Post
    Richard-

Did you have to pay a pro certification last year when you shot the K50 class? If you didnt you were not considered a pro and can go back to amateur class, if you did pay you might be stuck even though the K50 is not a pro class
    I think your right and I'm not worried about, but I've asked Mike Tyrell in a PM and he said to send the request letter.

The problem is the way the rules are written. They have semi pro and K50 under the Professional heading. I shouldn't have to request just for the fact that I know people in semi pro are not requesting to move down to Open A and that neither class is required to fill out the Pro Certification. But, according the way it's written they should. If I wanted to go back to Open B I for sure would have to request it since I won out, but I think I just want to shoot the K45.

PROFESSIONAL - Open Pros may roll back to Semi-Pro if they did not earn any money in the previous two years. Competitors in all other Pro Classes that have not won any prize money in their most recent two years of competition may request to be considered for the highest amateur class available for their equipment setup subject to the submission and approval of a written request to the Competition Committee. Competing in any Pro Class requires the payment of an annual ASA Pro Certification.
    1. Open Pro - No restrictions on age or sex. 50 yards, 280 FPS
    2. Women’s Open Pro – Open to female competitors only. 50 yards, 280 FPS
    3. Senior Open Pro* - Age 50* and over, no restriction on sex. 50 yards, 280 FPS
    4. Limited Pro – No restrictions on age or sex. Fingers only. 50 yards, 280 FPS
    5. Semi-Pro - No restrictions on age or sex. 50 yards, 280 FPS
    Anyone who competed in the Semi-Pro class in their most recent year of ASA Pro/Am competition, had at least two top-ten finishes, and earned over $2,000.00 in ASA Pro/Am earnings must compete in Open Pro. Anyone that won over $200.00 in Semi-Pro in their most recent year of ASA Pro/Am competition, competed in a Pro Class within the last two years, has career earnings over $5,000.00, receives sponsor support over $2,000.00 per year in products, equipment, services or cash, or had two top ten finishes and more than $600.00 in ASA Pro/Am earnings in Open A last year is required to shoot in Semi-Pro or Pro. ASA membership is required, Pro Certification optional.
    6. Known 50 Open – No restrictions on age or sex. Known distance only. 50 yards, 280 FPS
    Anyone required to compete in semi-pro or above must compete in the 50 yard class. Competitors may elect to return to another competition class after their first competition in this class, subject to meeting that class’ qualifications.
    B. AMATEUR – Open to ASA members in good standing.
    1. Open A - No restrictions on age or sex. 45 yards, 280 FPS
    Anyone in Open "A" that had at least two top-ten finishes, and earned over $600.00 in their last year of ASA Pro/Am competition must compete in Semi-Pro. Any Open B Class shooter who won more than $400 in cumulative prize money in their most recent year at ASA Pro/Ams must shoot Men’s Open A. Anyone who won $200 or more in Open A during their most recent year of competition may not move down in class.
    2. Known 45 Open - No restrictions on age or sex. Known distance only. 45 yards, 280 FPS
    Any amateur eligible to compete in Open A or lower may compete in the Known 45 class. Anyone in Known 45 that had at least two top-ten finishes, and earned over $600.00 in their last year of ASA Pro/Am competition must compete in Known 50, or the higher of Open B or their previous amateur class.
    3. Men’s Open B 45 yards, 280 FPS
    This class is open to any amateur who did not win more than $400 in Open B, or won less than $200.00 in Open A, during their most recent year of ASA Pro/Am competition.
    4. Senior Men’s Open Class - Age 50* and over. 45 yards, 280 FPS
    5. Men’s Unlimited - Release, fixed pins with magnification, any stabilizer. 45 yards, 280 FPS
    Last edited by dicksenn; 02-11-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK

Default Ttt

BUmb to the top

Just to put my two cents in about the move up in State if you win SOY or the State title...

I won shooter of the year in Texas last year for Women's Open... Mike Smith is not making me move up to Pro since that is the next level for me...

Marty Surber won Semi Pro shooter of the year and he does not have to move up either...

Also, my brother won both Texas State title and Shooter of the Year in Unlimited and he does not have to move up.

I'm not saying that Oklahoma has to do what Texas does... Just something to think about.... You might start running people off... and that would stink....

Not that I'm bragging on my state, but Texas has been the top ASA Federation for the past 3 years... We must be doing something right...
    Last edited by mathewsgirl13; 03-30-2010 at 05:05 PM.
    Staff Shooter: On Target Archery--Vortex Optics--Sure-Loc--T.R.U. Ball--Gold Tip-- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

Default Way it should be

Quote Originally Posted by mathewsgirl13 View Post
    Just to put my two cents in about the move up in State if you win SOY or the State title...

I won shooter of the year in Texas last year for Women's Open... Mike Smith is not making me move up to Pro since that is the next level for me...

Marty Surber won Semi Pro shooter of the year and he does not have to move up either...

Also, my brother won both Texas State title and Shooter of the Year in Unlimited and he does not have to move up.

I'm not saying that Oklahoma has to do what Texas does... Just something to think about.... You might start running people off... and that would stink....

Not that I'm bragging on my state, but Texas has been the top ASA Federation for the past 3 years... We must be doing something right...

No one should be forced to move to the pro ranks. Most cant afford pro dues.
    DB

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    No one should be forced to move to the pro ranks. Most cant afford pro dues.
    DB

Amen on that DB......I'm far from pro but if I was forced to move pro I wouldn't be able to afford the entry fees.

Default Novice

Quote Originally Posted by okarcher View Post
    The novice move up after 2yrs in no good. If a shooter isn't good enough to win his way out of novice after 2yrs what makes you think he needs to be shooting a higher class that doesn't make to much sense. Thats just going to cause some of them to quit shooting ASA all together

Shooter of the year needs to be based on scores not a point system. I know its to get more people to go to more shoots, but it sure does water it down. Have a set # of shoots needed to attend and the state just like at the pro/am level and if they go to more than needed take their highest score for the total.

Novice is a beginners class. Thats what it stands for.(NOVICE) After two years of shooting your not a novice. Been this way in ever sport. Open C or hunter is the beginning class for ASA. Now we know many should not ever start in novice and often do. Thats called sandbagging. Just a true fact that many should not be starting in novice. If you have shot bows for years novice is not the class you should start in. I have told several youth I started not to start in novice. This theory of because others go to this class to start I should also just doesnt sit well with me. Honestly this class is no more a novice class than an other class. My thoughts it should be you shoot it one year and move on to another class. Beginners only.
    DB
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 03-31-2010 at 07:30 AM.

If you shoot novice for two years and never win that class you sure as heck wont win open c or hunter! I think it should only be if you win two shoots or two top five finishes, Then its time to move.
    TEXHOMABOWHUNTER PRO SHOP
    DURANT OK,
    PSE SHOP SHOOTER
    TRU-BALL SIGHTS-RELEASES
    GOLDTIP ARROWS