You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spotty dudes does you pin or dot ever look like this!

Older I get the more mine looks like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

That is close. I found more pressure on the wall it gets smaller for me.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

no i see two dots learned to shoot the top one no problem .

Default Now

If your pin sits perfectly still evertime. You and Chance have something in comman.

DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    If your pin sits perfectly still evertime. You and Chance have something in comman.

DB
    Yea, you must have B-Stingers

Sorry DB, just couldn't resist

Default Hey now

Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
    Yea, you must have B-Stingers

Sorry DB, just couldn't resist
    Thats why I need prayer and B stingers shooting lately.
    DB

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Older I get the more mine looks like this
    There's a reason I don't use a lens w/ that much magnification.

Mines not near that bad thou, young age is good for something yet!
    Be good or be good at it.

Default This year

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    There's a reason I don't use a lens w/ that much magnification.

Mines not near that bad thou, young age is good for something yet!
    Ill be shooting a lens in 3d. Been a longitme sense I have used a lens for 3d.
    Going to take some getting use too.
    DB

all about stabalization, tuning and holding weight got to play with all aspects to find the best setup for you.
    Goldtip Arrows,T.R.U. Ball Releases
    ,Bohning vanes

Default Really

Quote Originally Posted by okarcher View Post
    all about stabalization, tuning and holding weight got to play with all aspects to find the best setup for you.
    What about that thing between are ears. You shooting 60X games?
    Just 20 yrds, how hard can it be!
    DB

Pridgen Xquest shot a 300 55X last night at 72yrs old. He a freak!
    DB

You know... if you focus on the target instead of the pin, dot or circle you won't see that movement...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Archery is still a physical sport. To see success in archery you don't have to be tall, fit, fast and strong like in football or basketball, but there are still many physical factors that play large roles in our ability.

Having a bow set up to compliment your physic as closely as possible helps a lot, but there are definitely some physical limitations. That being said, I believe most of the limitations in archery are mental.

I'd like to see a guy like Xquest quantify the elements of a successful archer.

How would you guys quantify it? Anything like this:

70% mental discipline/training
    20% equipment
    10% physical ability

I wonder where Kisik Lee would put the values.

Archery is still a physical sport. To see success in archery you don't have to be tall, fit, fast and strong like in football or basketball, but there are still many physical factors that play large roles in our ability.

Having a bow set up to compliment your physic as closely as possible helps a lot, but there are definitely some physical limitations. That being said, I believe most of the limitations in archery are mental.

20% equipment
    10% physical ability

To me there is no clearcut way to quantify the importance of each. They are too closely related to the whole, reduce any one and watch your score plummet.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default Amen

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    To me there is no clearcut way to quantify the importance of each. They are too closely related to the whole, reduce any one and watch your score plummet.

Guys like Xquest devoted his life to shooting archery. He practices everday. Everyday and even now he shoots everday. That builds all those things one talks about.
    DB

To me the game is very much a mental game, in a tournament you must be able to focus on a single shot allowing the process to happen without you getting in your own way. The ability to shake off a poor result, the potential of a personal best or winning the tournament and especially the ability to ignore fellow competitors efforts to shake you is a very mental thing..

But without the others a strong mental game will not get you to the podium..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

I shoot 6x but my movement is not like that picture, thankfully.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

20% equipment
    10% physical ability

For me, the lacking part is diffinately the mental aspect of it. I have just as good of equipment as anyone else and I more than physically able to shoot, however the mental discipline is not where I would like for it to be. Its coming along though.
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

To me the game is very equipment oriented, although some may misunderstand this. Brand is not important strictly from the standpoint of accuracy although it may play some part in customer service and satisfaction. But if you have to modify your form to accommodate the fit of a bow it will increase muscle tension, decreasing repeatability and scores. Understanding what it takes to fit a bow and having a bow that fits you and your style is of equal importance to any other aspect of the game.. But there is much more to the importance of matching equipment to the archer and the venue than this..
    Last edited by JAVI; 02-04-2010 at 03:15 PM.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Yes DB I forgot the mental part of it. But by the way I last year I shot like 20 something 60X's in a row. Yes it was just practice cause I don't really shoot indoor tournaments. I do know struggled getting those 60x's in practice when I changed bows that just didin't hold as well or shoot as good
    Goldtip Arrows,T.R.U. Ball Releases
    ,Bohning vanes

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by okarcher View Post
    Yes DB I forgot the mental part of it. But by the way I last year I shot like 20 something 60X's in a row. Yes it was just practice cause I don't really shoot indoor tournaments. I do know struggled getting those 60x's in practice when I changed bows that just didin't hold as well or shoot as good
    Why aint you at Gander winning money and prizes indoor. Good shooting Chad you spotty dude. More money in indoor than 3d.
    DB