You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default martain threshold

new to form
    have been out looking at new bows and wanting to get back in to archey (have not shot a bow in 15-18 years)
    have found that martin has a bow kit called the threshold
    i know it is a cheap bow kit but in the price range i am willing to spend to start

anyone have a opion of it or have shot it or any other info?

also it clames a 305 fps ibo how is that found or what is the setup?

Shooting Edge Technology 09Dreamseason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrose361 View Post
    new to form
    have been out looking at new bows and wanting to get back in to archey (have not shot a bow in 15-18 years)
    have found that martin has a bow kit called the threshold
    i know it is a cheap bow kit but in the price range i am willing to spend to start

anyone have a opion of it or have shot it or any other info?

also it clames a 305 fps ibo how is that found or what is the setup?

First, WELCOME to the forums!

Second, You're going to find MANY different opinions on what's best....for example, I'm partial to the PSE lines of bows and I don't think you'll find anything better. Here's what you'll hear a lot of:

Go to the ranges and shoot a few different bows. Get the one in your price range AND the one that feels comfortable to shoot. DON'T worry about IBO speed, etc....

Most bows will be able to get the job done. My daughter shoots a Browning Micro Midas 3 bow at 35# and 24 inch draw, she'll kill ANY deer she shoots at this year!

Remember that you're just starting out, so if you can't afford the best, DON'T settle for what you can afford alone! Get what is in your price range, ready to shoot, and upgrade as you go.

Have fun and let us know what you finally decide to go with. Martin is a very respectable line and should fair well. Practice makes perfect so Practice, Practice, and Practice some more.

IBO speed can vary from different arrow setups, draw lengths/weights, etc....a bows listed IBO is based on a 300 grain arrow and usually a 29 inch draw length. A lighter arrow will shoot faster but doesn't carry it's energy. Don't worry about IBO......if you're worried about IBO, save up your money and get a "Fast" bow in the 330-350fps range or HIGHER! Speed doesn't make it deadlier.......
    '09 PSE X-Force Dream Season GX
    '11 PSE X-Force AXE 7

www.ShootingEdgeTech.com
    www.SaveOutdoorSports.com

thanks for the info and i will keep u inform on what or witch bow i end up with the pse sales they have look good