You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Drop away problem

I have a hoyt vipertec and a trophy taker drop away the problem i am having is my fletching rub on the prongs.. I have it set up so it is not all the way up until the last inch or so of draw and still rubs like it not getting out of the way fast enough it doesn't hit hard b.c still shoots good but just enough to wear the fleece off the prongs and makes little lines on the vanes.. Does anyone have any ideas what to do? Thanks
    Hunt Hard or Don't GO

i had a problem like that with my qad drop away this is what i done i rotated my odd vane up and sprayed my rest with deodarant to check for any touch from my vanes.. problem solved my mole skin stays on without peeling off after a few shots.. hope this helps you you tube has a video dont blame the dropaway rest
    Last edited by runt; 02-18-2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: i thought i put in a safe word

Default Trophy Taker

Quote Originally Posted by IAHunter11 View Post
    I have a hoyt vipertec and a trophy taker drop away the problem i am having is my fletching rub on the prongs.. I have it set up so it is not all the way up until the last inch or so of draw and still rubs like it not getting out of the way fast enough it doesn't hit hard b.c still shoots good but just enough to wear the fleece off the prongs and makes little lines on the vanes.. Does anyone have any ideas what to do? Thanks
    Two thoughts. Check your knocking point heigth. You can open the rest up and there two holes inside the rest for setting the spring tension. You can call TT and ask for stronger spring.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers