You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Try this one...

Hybrid View

Talking Try this one...

If your goal is not the center of the X, then you have already set yourself up to lose..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default Really

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    If your goal is not the center of the X, then you have already set yourself up to lose..
    Aim hard and jerk fast HUH! No expectations HUH? Sounds like good advise for sure.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Aim hard and jerk fast HUH! No expectations HUH? Sounds like good advise for sure.
    DB

There is nothing wrong with having expectations Dan; the problem begins when they exceed your current ability.. but your goal should always be the center...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

and

"..eye!, eye!...always look eye!!"

Try this one... - General Archery Forum

I would suspect that if you miss the center more often than you hit it, then your methodology and/or your focus is amiss..

However, that shouldn't alter the ultimate goal of each shot, although one should consider realistic expectations when setting result goals.. I tend to believe that results are no more than a gage of your training needs.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

That is the advise I give my boy's. They can hit a golf tee but shoot around 280 with only 10- 12 X's.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
    and

"..eye!, eye!...always look eye!!"

Try this one... - General Archery Forum
    Oh classic!!

Or put another way. Every shot begins as a perfect X, only YOU can introduce the elements that make it otherwise.:wink:

10% bow set up , 20 physical ability and 70% mental ability

as they say in Zen become the arrow, see the gold, see the arrow hit the gold or center of the bull...

when you can have that focus you are a winner...now for me I sure never get there but I try..hell at 68 I am glad to know were to nock the arrow.

Bill

I’ve enjoyed the varied comments to my statement and want you to ask yourself….
    Are you content to hit the white or yellow, or is your target more defined and you shoot for the Vegas 10 or the X ring on a 5-spot… Have you reached that point where you expect to hit the baby X or the cross of the 5-spot X and become peeved with yourself when you miss it…. Or have you reached the point where you turn that peeved feeling inward and use it to focus even more on the target…
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

I’ve enjoyed the varied comments to my statement and want you to ask yourself….
    Are you content to hit the white or yellow, or is your target more defined and you shoot for the Vegas 10 or the X ring on a 5-spot… Have you reached that point where you expect to hit the baby X or the cross of the 5-spot X and become peeved with yourself when you miss it…. Or have you reached the point where you turn that peeved feeling inward and use it to focus even more on the target…
    This is rather giving me a rifle shooting flashback. Instructors always told you to zero to the 6 O'Clock, the keeners always went of in a corner and hububed together, zeroes dead centre and swept the floor with everybody else. Keeping completely stumm about their zero point.

I always believe that absolute dead centre of any target is the point of focus no matter what your skill level may be at. It provides a vastly superior metric from which to diagnose any issues.

Then again as eyes get older, dead centre sometimes goes a wanderin a bit.