You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Buying used bow does warranty make a difference?

Elite bows come with warranty for life. This tranfers to ever owner.

When buying a used bow do you take this into consideration?
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default For sure

Several companies, including Hoyt, offer transferable warranties. I wouldn't buy a bow without one.

yes the warranty makes a diference. I would say it does for the majority of folks. The proof is in the pudding................Elite's resale value spiked when they anounced the new warranty.

Red face Confession time !

I would consider a life time bow warranty on the bow as a plus for a used bow !

Dan,

How does Elites Warranty work when they no longer make the bow or the parts?

Is there any part on the Elite not covered by this warranty? I would assume parts that wear out are not covered for lifetime.

Default Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
    Dan,

How does Elites Warranty work when they no longer make the bow or the parts?

Is there any part on the Elite not covered by this warranty? I would assume parts that wear out are not covered for lifetime.
    Elite Archery stands behind the workmanship and overall quality of its bows through a Limited Lifetime Warranty. This Limited Lifetime Warranty is fully transferable and is valid no matter where the bow was purchased (new or used). This warranty covers the riser, pocket, limbs and eccentrics against defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of the bow. The Limited Lifetime Warranty covers all bows manufactured by Elite Archery in the past and present.

The Elite Archery Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover strings, cables, decoration and overall finish of the bow. Alterations or modifications to the bow by the consumer may void this Limited Lifetime Warranty. The Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover misuse or abuse of the bow such as dry-firing, dropping, intentional or unintentional damage, etc. Elite Archery reserves the right to deny warranty coverage in the event that misuse is observed.

Elite Archery retains the right to replace components with equivalent components that may be of different design or decoration. Elite Archery may also request to visually inspect failed components prior to issuing parts and/or service.

There are no other warranties expressed or implied binding Elite Archery, Certified Elite Dealers and Certified Elite Distributors (International).
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Who else but Elite is offering a transferable warrenty MTColl28734 ?
    I don't own an Elite now or in the past, but I think thats quite significant if your paying top dollar for a used bow. In the past I would never would pay a high price for a year or two old bow. That's just nuts. No warrenty and alot of money out the door.
    Elite has stepped up bigtime there. IMO they have seperated themselves from the pac on a used bow. Good for them and us.
    FBSA Member

Warranty beyond a year means very little to me on a bow; new or used it's one of those things I don't consider relative to a purchase.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default warranty

is extremely important today more and more archers are doing there own work if you buy a used bow and riser has been tweaked being able to get a brand new 1 is a major bonus imo

Doesn't matter to me as long as I have confidence in the bow. I've never needed the warranty on any Hoyt. I bought my Vectrix off ebay an I never worried about the warranty. Wait until most models have been out a year and you'll know from feedback on here if you have any defects to worry about.

elite has a nice warranty but have you seen how many are for sale

Default For sale

Quote Originally Posted by apa fig View Post
    elite has a nice warranty but have you seen how many are for sale
    Elite been around for a few years now. Your going to start seeing more and more for sale each year. Very popular bow.
    DB

If was looking for a used bow only, yeah it would put my mind more at ease about trying a "non" mainstream bow. I think it's a great way to get shooters to try your product.

That being said, this could ultimately hurt Elite as far as actual new sales are concerned. If I want to try an Elite, why pay for a new one when I get everything for used price?
    Be good or be good at it.

I usually don't worry about it. I can save enough that if I have to replace the limbs, I am still ahead. BUT, I was looking at an AM 35 for a good price. With the problem Hoyt had with a few AM limbs last year, I bought an Elite.

Thumbs up I agree with you !

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Elite been around for a few years now. Your going to start seeing more and more for sale each year. Very popular bow.
    DB
    Did I write that ?

Default You think

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Did I write that ?
    Kinda like all the Bowtech for sale cheap. Used bows in all brands for sale.

DB