You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Starting My Girl out

Hello, I am starting my girl out in archery, she seems interested and I have looked around, she is 12 years old. I think a Diamond Nuclear Ice would be a great begining bow for her. Does this sound right. Not too expensive but very adjustable. Also she is left handed, AndI found one at Bass Pro Shops. Are they good at helping set up. They said that they have a shoot range to try it out first. and that they would help set it up. but I would like it done right.

Default Good choice

Sounds like a good plan. Ask if theres a local archery club and join it.

Good luck and have fun.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default Thanks

Thanks,
    Glad To Hear It From A Senior Member

i would look more toward the diamond razor edge. i know its about 125 bucks more but she will get more use out of it than the nuclear ice. do some research on it and i think you will be more happy with it. she will be able to use it for alot longer unless she gets tired of it. you can exchange limbs at bass pro and get heavier limbs as she grows. my wife shoots an edge, bought it before the razor edge came out. she loves it, and i use it for a back up bow, but if she doesnt start shooting it more im going to turn it into a turkey bow.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

Honestly, PSE has great bows. I have worked with their customer service before, and overall they seem to have the most durable and beginner friendly bows. To start, I would look at a PSE Stinger NI. It has great variances in both draw weight and draw length. Perfect for people who are not accustomed to archery. You will need a bow that can be "durable" especially for a beginner.

As Gamoboy sugested a bow that will grow may be a way to go also look at parker they have a bow designed for this, also determine your daughters dominant eye I bought first only to find out he was right arm strong left eye dominant now he will not make the switch so he has to shoot instinctively until he is old enough to compensate.

Default Starting My Girl out

I have the Diamond Edge bow and its the first bow that Ive owned. I love it I have it set at 26 and In the 30s for lbs. Its perfect for just starting out and I added a great sight and stabilizer to it. It didnt break the bank either. Good luck
    I also took it to my first 3-D shoot this past weekend and beat my husband and his hoyt by 20 points

Awesome........