You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Canada Dietmiar Trillus Vegas Champion

    Trillus is Vegas Champion.

    Was he shooting a wrist strap release?
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

  2. #2
    Senior Member JAVI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Trillus is Vegas Champion.

    Was he shooting a wrist strap release?
    DB
    Unless he changed something, and he is prone to change things.. he is shooting a Truball punch a matic..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

  3. #3
    Senior Member TMax27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fairland, OK
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Unless he changed something, and he is prone to change things.. he is shooting a Truball punch a matic..
    The last I saw, he was using a "Short n Sweet" wrist strap.
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

  4. #4
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default He an old timer

    Guys in his 50's and wins Vegas. Impressive

    Here some pictures in this link of him

    http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ed=0CBwQsAQwAw
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    183

    Default What carbon express arrows did he use

    Outdoors I know he shoots the nano, just wondering if he shoots x jammers indoors.

  6. #6
    Guest Gator eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the horn of Michigan
    Posts
    7,185

    Default

    What really surprised me was his hold time.

    He draws back, sets, and the arrow flies. done. It seems he holds only a couple seconds at full draw.

    It must take a lot of mental toughness and self control to pull off that type of shot.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Huntelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    392

    Default

    If a command shooter's timing is on, he is untouchable. The tough part is for a command shooter to put three days together. Dietmar gotter done though!

    I sat right behind the pros and watched them for three days. It is pretty amazing to see both the similarities and differences.

    The degree of mental toughness it takes is incredible. I watched as these guys hammering along baby x after baby x. Most of the time not even coming close to touching the inside of the 10 line.

    Then all of a sudden BAM! One stray 9 and you are done

    Over the first 2 days of shooting I had chosen Braden G. to be the last man standing. He only had 4 "non x's" in three days. His body language was evident he was confident and the x's were just coming easy.

    Jesse seemed to be working for a lot of his shots with quite a few hanging low at 6 o'clock in the 10 ring just catching the x. Reo only touched the inside of the ten ring once on day two that I saw. Day 3 he had a little larger hole in the middle but only a couple that touched the 10 line. I think it was end 9 when a low flier took him out of the 300 group.

    It was pretty funny to see GRIV surrounded by "3-Ders", both Levi Morgan and Jeff Hopkins were on his bale. Hopefully they talkied him into coming to an ASA and shooting K50!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Scope set ups

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
    If a command shooter's timing is on, he is untouchable. The tough part is for a command shooter to put three days together. Dietmar gotter done though!

    I sat right behind the pros and watched them for three days. It is pretty amazing to see both the similarities and differences.

    The degree of mental toughness it takes is incredible. I watched as these guys hammering along baby x after baby x. Most of the time not even coming close to touching the inside of the 10 line.

    Then all of a sudden BAM! One stray 9 and you are done

    Over the first 2 days of shooting I had chosen Braden G. to be the last man standing. He only had 4 "non x's" in three days. His body language was evident he was confident and the x's were just coming easy.

    Jesse seemed to be working for a lot of his shots with quite a few hanging low at 6 o'clock in the 10 ring just catching the x. Reo only touched the inside of the ten ring once on day two that I saw. Day 3 he had a little larger hole in the middle but only a couple that touched the 10 line. I think it was end 9 when a low flier took him out of the 300 group.

    It was pretty funny to see GRIV surrounded by "3-Ders", both Levi Morgan and Jeff Hopkins were on his bale. Hopefully they talkied him into coming to an ASA and shooting K50!
    Could you tell if many were using a tru spot type lens? Wheres the pictures?
    Go all the way to Vegas with no camera
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

  9. #9
    Senior Member Huntelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Could you tell if many were using a tru spot type lens? Wheres the pictures?
    Go all the way to Vegas with no camera
    DB
    I don't have a good camera and the cheapie I have doesn't take very good pictures without a flash.

    I really didn't pay a lot of attention to equipment. I was really watching emotions and body language of how the guys set up, executed and followed through. I took a lot of notes on my perceptions of attitudes and styles.

    Having equipment that works for you is vital, but there are so many possibilities that you can get lost in the mix. Just sitting through a seminar with Jesse, Dave and Reo would confuse you as they all three have very different ideas on equipment.

    Just think, who would ever guess that 2 of the last 3 guys standing in Vegas would be using carbon arrows?

    Why would Dietmar lay down an Mathews apex after setting several world records with it?

    Why did Jesse switch to a dot?

    How did Dietmar with without B-Stingers?

    So much emphasis goes into what can be "bought", that many people loose sight of what must be "learned".

  10. #10
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Simple

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
    I don't have a good camera and the cheapie I have doesn't take very good pictures without a flash.

    I really didn't pay a lot of attention to equipment. I was really watching emotions and body language of how the guys set up, executed and followed through. I took a lot of notes on my perceptions of attitudes and styles.

    Having equipment that works for you is vital, but there are so many possibilities that you can get lost in the mix. Just sitting through a seminar with Jesse, Dave and Reo would confuse you as they all three have very different ideas on equipment.

    Just think, who would ever guess that 2 of the last 3 guys standing in Vegas would be using carbon arrows?

    Why would Dietmar lay down an Mathews apex after setting several world records with it?

    Why did Jesse switch to a dot?

    How did Dietmar with without B-Stingers?

    So much emphasis goes into what can be "bought", that many people loose sight of what must be "learned".
    Find what works for you!

    Look in the mirror! Thats the only person that has to change to shoot good.

    Carbon arrows shoot just fine. B Stinger had more than a few in the shoot down. You maybe should look at a PSE Bow, two of the last three were shooting a PSE!
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

  11. #11
    Senior Member Huntelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    392

    Default

    I really liked my Conquest 3 and apex, and shot both quite well. I'd shoot a PSE without any hesitation too If I thought it would help.

    The more I watch and learn, the more I see how little difference equipment brand matters.

    In the BHFS shoot-off for 1st place there were Elite, Limbsaver, Hoyt and Mathews bows. Those guys all shot within a point of each other for a ten ends.

    I don't remember what sights, scopes or releases they used. In the end the color shirt they wore really had little to do with it.

    Like you, I am a student of what is working for the top shooters. I tried a Tru-ball short and sweet after Dietmar set that double 70 record. I leaned toward CBE because of Reo and Jesse. I bought the B-Stingers for the same reason.

    How about the 2713's stuffed away in a tube in my basement? Had the top 3 guys all been shooting them, who knows-maybe I would have dug them out for a 3rd try?

    We all have our heros that we follow. It just seems to be getting less and less important to me what someone else is using, and more and more important on their mental/physical processes.

    Now for the serious question about Dietmar's winning strategy: Boxers or Briefs?

  12. #12
    Guest Gator eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the horn of Michigan
    Posts
    7,185

    Default

    Had to be boxers with a fan tied to the inside of his pant leg for a cool breeze.

    The way he was kicked back on the bow rack after each round, he couldn't of looked cooler if you propped a smoke in his mouth and put a cold beer in his hand.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Dietmier

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
    I don't have a good camera and the cheapie I have doesn't take very good pictures without a flash.

    I really didn't pay a lot of attention to equipment. I was really watching emotions and body language of how the guys set up, executed and followed through. I took a lot of notes on my perceptions of attitudes and styles.

    Having equipment that works for you is vital, but there are so many possibilities that you can get lost in the mix. Just sitting through a seminar with Jesse, Dave and Reo would confuse you as they all three have very different ideas on equipment.

    Just think, who would ever guess that 2 of the last 3 guys standing in Vegas would be using carbon arrows?

    Why would Dietmar lay down an Mathews apex after setting several world records with it?

    Why did Jesse switch to a dot?

    How did Dietmar with without B-Stingers?

    So much emphasis goes into what can be "bought", that many people loose sight of what must be "learned".
    Exsperiance, he been there many times.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    274

    Default

    I shot with Dietmar at an ASA in Ft Wayne Indiana a few years back, what a great person to be around, couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Bow Madness XL (Canada)
    By Mike Rae in forum PSE Bows for Sale or Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 05:22 PM
  2. Heres a pic of my Oct. 3 buck (S. Ontario, Canada)
    By cath8r in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 11:46 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 04:47 PM
  4. Dietmar TRILLUS & Jamie VAN NATTA win Gold at World Cup
    By JAVI in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 07:30 AM
  5. buying a bow from canada to the us.
    By gravedigger in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 10:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •