You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Do you make the bow fit you...

or do you fit yourself to the bow...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

i like the bow to fit me..guess thats why i've had so many differens ones.

alittle of both
    09 Martin firecat pro-x 70# Apex Atomic QAD Victory hv 1

PSE Omen 70# HHA Ripcord Victory hv 1

I like to think I buy a bow to fit me.

I have a idea of what I like...long ATA, good brace height, two cams with solid wall and a slim grip.

BUT

I shot a few of the newer bows that don't fall anywhere near that discription that I felt shot really nice and has me second guessing my choices.

i buy close as i can to a fit then tweek till we are in sink.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    or do you fit yourself to the bow...
    You will have to watch the video of the Vegas seminar Cuz, Jesse and Reo gave.

When Cuz was asked why he has left the long ATA bows and went to the Maxxis he had some interesting thoughts on this subject.

With a DL of 32"+ I have a tendancy to make it fit me or I will not find one I can fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
    You will have to watch the video of the Vegas seminar Cuz, Jesse and Reo gave.

When Cuz was asked why he has left the long ATA bows and went to the Maxxis he had some interesting thoughts on this subject.
    Is that video available online?

Thanks

I would prefer a bow that fits my draw and form, you should be able to set your bow arm and draw and come to anchor without having to fidget or reposition your head while starring at the target of choice.

As far as all the old school long axle to axle preference.

Take a modern mid size bow today and lay it on top of a older long axle compound and you may be surprised that the newer bows riser is longer then the older long axle bow then put both of the bows in a draw board and draw back and then measure the axle to axle, you may find that the axle to axle of the older long axle bow to be very close or even in some cases less then the modern bow at full draw, now think about the travel time of the limbs while the arrow is on the string in relation to forgiveness and accuracy.

Modern bows with longer risers and laid back limbs that travel very little may not look as being less forgiving and accurate as the old school.

Just something to ponder on.
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

I have too many titanium plates and screws holding me together so I know I'm not too adjustable. Therefore the bow always gets adjusted to fit me.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Is that video available online?

Thanks
    Kevin Wilkey filmed it and said he was going to try and get it on Hoyt's website.

He had to do a little editing though. A couple conversations won't probably be aired. Cuz even looked right at the camera once and asked Kevin to shut it off before he answered the question.

There is a reason many of these top level pros don't post on the net. Some of the things they do (that obviously work) tend to get them bashed from the keyboard wannabe's.

There were a couple comments in that seminar I would have thrown the "BS" flag had it not been proven in front of my eyes.

I hope Dave's demonstration that dispelled some hybrid cam timing/tuning myths makes the cut, but I doubt it will. Conventional wisdom and even physics were questioned with that display

Kevin Wilkey filmed it and said he was going to try and get it on Hoyt's website.

He had to do a little editing though. A couple conversations won't probably be aired. Cuz even looked right at the camera once and asked Kevin to shut it off before he answered the question.

There is a reason many of these top level pros don't post on the net. Some of the things they do (that obviously work) tend to get them bashed from the keyboard wannabe's.

There were a couple comments in that seminar I would have thrown the "BS" flag had it not been proven in front of my eyes.

I hope Dave's demonstration that dispelled some hybrid cam timing/tuning myths makes the cut, but I doubt it will. Conventional wisdom and even physics were questioned with that display

There are many things that we do as individuals to make a bow work for us that won't work for anyone else, just as there are fifty or more ways to make a hinged release fire and everyone that successfully uses one finds the way that works for them alone. Even the very top pros in the sport can't agree on that one...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    There are many things that we do as individuals to make a bow work for us that won't work for anyone else, just as there are fifty or more ways to make a hinged release fire and everyone that successfully uses one finds the way that works for them alone. Even the very top pros in the sport can't agree on that one...
    To further prove your point on "differences among pros", Cuz is a devout believer in paper tuning whereas Reo puts very little value in paper tuning. Reo even added that having a "tune" that makes a bullet hole tear in paper may not be ideal.

One thing they agreed on was when the question from the crowd about "creep tuning" was asked. All 3 guys (Jesse, Reo and Cuz) looked at each other shaking their heads. Cuz made a joke out of how much of a waste of time it is and we went on.

Thank you! I'll keep a watch for it.

If anyone else sees it available somewhere, please post a link.

Allen

This wasn't exactly the direction I thought this thread would go, but it's interesting...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper