You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Questions for Hoyt Shooters?

I have been a Bowtech shooter but wanting to try a Hoyt this year. I am looking at the 38 Pro vs the Pro Elite. Any insigths on these two bows? I have never shot either of these bows as they are now or in 06. Also is the new C2 cam and 1/2 only 65% let off?

I shoot an 06 Protec with Spirals @65% let-off and love it. Some say it is a harsh cam but I think so only if you try shooting to much of a draw weight.
    I did shoot the new C2 cam (yes, it is only available in 65% LO) and it draws like butter. It draws much smoother than the Vectrix, whcih is smoother than the Zephyr Cam from '06; no big hump at rollover. I do not think you will have a problem with the C2 a 65%. You can also shoot it without the draw stop which will increase the let-off slightly and give you a softer wall.

Unless you're into target heavily, my personal opinion is the shoot throught risers are not worth the extra cash. Just my opinion though. I'm thinking of a 38Ultra for 3D this year, but might just keep my Protec w/Spirals. It out shoots me yet!

I have only shot the Bowtech cams and like the let off they have, 75 +. How are the cam 1/2's. I also hear there are some tuning issues with the Elites.

Why do you like the 65% cams?

How about the weight of the elite vs the 38 Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhnter7 View Post
    I have only shot the Bowtech cams and like the let off they have, 75 +. How are the cam 1/2's. I also hear there are some tuning issues with the Elites.

Why do you like the 65% cams?

How about the weight of the elite vs the 38 Pro?

I have no problems tuning my Cam and 1/2's. I do replace their stock string right away with better ones. Once I set eveything initally, no problems whatsoever. I think alot of people associate bad form and aiming with bow tuning.

I like the 65% spirals cams because you have a more constant draw curve and a harder wall; I just prefer that feeling. You don't have that big hump at the let-off point. The zephyr cam at 65% feels like a totally different cam than the 75%. If you like the Binary Cam System (I like it alot as well), I think you would like the Vectrix Cam on the Hoyts. I find the draw curve very similar. The C2 cam is actually smoohter than both the Binary and the Vectix, but because it's less aggressive it's also a bit slower. You can't have everything.

I did not check the actual weight of the 38 Pro, but since there is less riser, I am assuming it is a bit lighter than the Elite; but probably not enough to be noticeable.