You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Default Javi, move loop to change aiming tendencys?

    Javi,

    I have a parallel limb bow that I am working on. It wants to hold low on the spot (indoor bow). I've moved my peep up just a touch and that helped but it's still holding low a bit.

    Release is back tension hinge. Cam sync is perfect. Binary Cams.

    Now my question is this. If I lower or raise the loop/arrow relationship to the berger hole, will this help some?

    Since the bow is holding low, do I slightly lower the arrow/loop combination or raise it.

    Thanks for any thoughts or advice
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  2. #2
    Senior Member JAVI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    You can do that, but before you do have someone look at your shoulder/arrow and see if it is parallel when you are aiming at shoulder height.. One of the most common causes of the bow aiming low is anchor height, then nock location/grip pressure. It is rare today to find limbs so imbalanced as to cause this, but it can occur.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    You can do that, but before you do have someone look at your shoulder/arrow and see if it is parallel when you are aiming at shoulder height.. One of the most common causes of the bow aiming low is anchor height, then nock location/grip pressure. It is rare today to find limbs so imbalanced as to cause this, but it can occur.
    I'll have someone look at it to be sure it's right.

    Which direction would I go with it. Up or down?
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  4. #4
    Senior Member JAVI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'll have someone look at it to be sure it's right.

    Which direction would I go with it. Up or down?
    Up with the loop....

    Down with the anchor...

    A little goes a long ways on the nock point...

    Generally I like the center of the loop to be directly behind the arrow at full draw, but you can get a push up by having the center of the loop above the arrow at full draw.. the loop can tell you a lot about setup.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

  5. #5
    Senior Member JAVI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    So what were the results...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Jacktown OK.
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Up with the loop....

    Down with the anchor...

    A little goes a long ways on the nock point...

    Generally I like the center of the loop to be directly behind the arrow at full draw, but you can get a push up by having the center of the loop above the arrow at full draw.. the loop can tell you a lot about setup.
    I happen to shoot my loop under, What are your thoughts about this and its effect?

  7. #7
    Senior Member JAVI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterG View Post
    I happen to shoot my loop under, What are your thoughts about this and its effect?
    It was originally intended to replicate the release rope that we started all this with, the primary advantage is that it puts downward pressure on the arrow shaft which can help hold the arrow on the rest. But with proper nock tuning this is easily accomplished without the built-in nock travel associated with this style. Not that it canít produce accurate shots, as we all know if the travel is repetitive it isnít a factor except in tuning for it.
    The other disadvantage of this style is that on shorter A2A bows with a longer bow it can actually create such an abrupt angle that the nock is actually displaced from the string during the draw this can also be a factor when shooting a wide jaw release off the string. .
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

  8. #8
    Senior Member JAVI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    The other disadvantage of this style is that on shorter A2A bows with a longer bow it can actually create such an abrupt angle that the nock is actually displaced from the string during the draw this can also be a factor when shooting a wide jaw release off the string. .
    Should read longer draw

    Fumble fingers.. and brain not always connected.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Jacktown OK.
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    It was originally intended to replicate the release rope that we started all this with, the primary advantage is that it puts downward pressure on the arrow shaft which can help hold the arrow on the rest. But with proper nock tuning this is easily accomplished without the built-in nock travel associated with this style. Not that it canít produce accurate shots, as we all know if the travel is repetitive it isnít a factor except in tuning for it.
    The other disadvantage of this style is that on shorter A2A bows with a longer bow it can actually create such an abrupt angle that the nock is actually displaced from the string during the draw this can also be a factor when shooting a wide jaw release off the string. .
    I have dealt with the issues you mentioned on my shorter bows and I think I might try the other and see how it works for me. I shot fingers for years and some of this stuff is still new to me?
    Thanks

  10. #10
    Senior Member JAVI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterG View Post
    I have dealt with the issues you mentioned on my shorter bows and I think I might try the other and see how it works for me. I shot fingers for years and some of this stuff is still new to me?
    Thanks
    Rather than rehash a lot of information that is well known, I'll just provide a link to a great article by John Dudley that does a very good job of explaining with photos... http://www.dudleyarchery.info/articles/biissue34.pdf
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

  11. #11
    Junior Member SARASR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    So. East Ma.
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Where do you anchor your hand at full draw?
    I have this same issue after going from a 36 in. Jennings PWC to Diamonds Iceman at 31" ata, I have been holding with the knuckle of my index finger right in front of my earlobe after looking into it will try to drop anchor to below
    my jaw, should raise the sight.

Similar Threads

  1. Aiming Question
    By scmelik in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 03:47 PM
  2. aiming
    By jason_thacker in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 08:23 PM
  3. aiming problem
    By chuck172 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 09:03 AM
  4. What size Aiming Dot for 3D?
    By ptcruz421 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 10:52 PM
  5. Aiming
    By harmony079 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 06:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •