You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Gaining an inch of Draw Length?

I usually shoot 28-28.5 DL with Mathews and Bowtech but when I purchased my AlphaMax it was set at 29 and did not feel bad.
    After shooting a round of spots, I did realize its a little too long. I would love to keep the 29" dl but not sure its possible.

I am using a hunting release (Truball) would a specific release give you any added dl?

Forgive me for sounding stupid but, if it is too long why would you want to keep it 29? Or, why would you want to ake it longer?

Quote Originally Posted by asa1485 View Post
    Forgive me for sounding stupid but, if it is too long why would you want to keep it 29? Or, why would you want to ake it longer?
    29" dl will get you a little more speed, not end of the world but if a release could make a difference why not.

I have a 29" draw length. The last bow I got had a 29 1/2" draw. I bought a Truball Pro Diamond Extreme to replace my Pro Diamond. The Extreme model is about 3/8" shorter. I was able to keep my anchor point and comfortably shoot the new Hoyt Vectrix without buying new cams. Also, many models of bows with draw length specific cams can be tuned to lengthen or shorten the draw length by 1/4" or so by adjusting the cables and string.

I can't name any, but I've seen several releases with the trigger positioned so that it would bring your hand forward. Tru-ball, carter and scott should have a release to help with your problem. If you are shooting a loop, make it smaller.

I am really having trouble figuring out what is mt correct draw length? Can someone explain how to find your CORRECT draw length? Sorry if this sounds very elementary but I have been fighting this issue and am looking for advise?