You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default What other hobbies do you have besides archery?

I was just curious what other hobbies, sports and other activities everyone does when they are not doing archery. I have been shooting a bow for 45 years. The first 20 years was total archery. I was gone every weekend shooting field or bowhunter competition. Total archery probably was the cause of my first divorce. Now that I'm older and I hope wiser I have broaden my activites. I still shoot in my yard year round. November thru March I shoot organized indoor archery, the only competitive archery I do.
    From April thru Aug, I compete in couples golf tournaments with the wife. We also have a cabin on the lake and fly fish for bass and bream. Mid August I start preparing for bowhunting. I usually hunt till the middle of Nov.--- I hope I get some replies. I would like to know more about my friends on 3dshoots.com

At one time I did a little fly tying and fly fishing. Still have most of it, but it's been quite some time since it's been used. Any time fishing is a good time.
    I get to 6-8 3ds a year, but shoot at home almost everyday even if just for a couple minutes in the basement when weather is not so friendly. Both compounds and recurves.
    With my inlaws and parents getting up there, it seems there's alot of time spent tending to their needs. Always something to fix, build, or move.
    Still have one son at home, and one in college, so I take any OT I can get my hands on. I'd say any hobby time I get now is archery.
    FBSA Member

Default Weight lifting

Was a weightlifter for 20yrs. Got old and bones began to hurt.

Honestly done have any other hobbies other than archery. Im an addict.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Between 50 to 65 hours at work, a wife in college that has homework every night, 3 kids in school, and trying to remodel a house I don't have time for any more hobbies.

Wink I disagree DB

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Was a weightlifter for 20yrs. Got old and bones began to hurt.

Honestly done have any other hobbies other than archery. Im an addict.
    DB
    I think your second hobby is taking and posting all those pictures and we all appreciate you doing that. Don't you agree?

Wink Confession time !

I have the following hobbies , cycling,gun deer hunting ,pheasant hunting ,yote hunting ,following the eight grandkids and being on my computer !

Archery I shoot spots ,3D,deer and bowfish !

Quote Originally Posted by XQuest View Post
    I think your second hobby is taking and posting all those pictures and we all appreciate you doing that. Don't you agree?
    XQuest, what do you do besides archery. I know one of your main chores is trying to keep old Dan lined out.

with the way hunting went up here last year .with over 90 days in the stand i think newest hobby is bird watching .

my hobbies are archery. spots,indoor,3D,and hunting. also fishing for smallmouth bass,muskie and trout. and in the winter I do some bowling. started shooting competition in the early 50's. back in the "good old days" shoot and hope you hit somthing. we would shoot two 28 rounds, field and hunter in one day. now days your pushing it to get one round in. got my wife into archery and bow hunting. which probably saved my marriage.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

Besides Bowhunting ( which I have to give up for medical reasons. I just had a Double, Caged fusion on my back in OCT.) ( in order of preference) I enjoy Photography. (Nature, Glamour, Portrait). Pistols, (shoot about 300 to 500 rds weekly. And own 13 various pistols. Working with Stain Glass. Volunteer work at the local VA hospital. Member of the local Marine Corps league and do volunteer work with them (funerals, dedications and the disabled). Active member of VFW, American Legion and The Military Order of the Purple Heart in which I do numerous volunteer projects. I am very military orientated and spend as much time as I can "helping out". Sitting back and watching my Grandkids grow. (Putting 2 thru college. One becoming a Nurse and the other working toward "Graphic Arts Design),Aggravating Barmaids at various "Pubs" (I only drink ICE TEA. and basically just keeping myself as active as possible. And I occasionly "Drown a few worms" while trying to act like a fisherman. Once I get everything caught up at home, I plan on buying a RV and see some of this great USA that I love.
    Being retired is great........
    Last edited by MoSkeeter0311; 03-02-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Amature Radio, Flying (instructing), handloading for long range target shooting. Still shoot five-six days each week at backyard 3d.

Besides Archery "which is new to me" I love shooting, hunting, fishing and cooking/smoking on my drum smoker.
    Redhead Kronik 60-70# 26" Draw
    Octane Hostage Pro Rest
    Tru-Glo Tru-Site X-Treme
    Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
    T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss

Default hobbys

Well thats was a huge list..but small now..lol
    ive been shooting 3d and hunting since the early 70's i use to shoot alot.
    ive had neck surgury twice in the past 2 years and now i shoot atleast 4 tournys a year..depends on how i feel..i still bowhunt and allways will i hope.
    I work so much now 2 jobs really..work at a paper bag plant been there 26 years 6 days a week 10-12 hr days and friday and saturday night play in a southern rock n country band..we are allways playing somewhere.been doing that since i was in my early 20's..im 48 now and still rockin my kids say..
    i camp and fly fish when i have time or i surf fish with my brothers in florida every year we do a vacation thing...thats about all i have time for these days kenny
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

I've varied my interests over the years. I've always been involved in archery, or at least the last 35 years. Then there was camping and fishing.

These days it's still archery. Bowhunting has taken a backseat in my life. My other major hobby is Scuba Diving for which I travel all over the world to enjoy it. Fishing in the late spring and summer still fills a void.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

mhugill

i do alot of fishing, rifle hunt and watch the UFC and all MMA at all times. and also ride my 09 HD STREET GLIDE!!!

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Thumbs up Other than archery....

Well other than archery... Let's see, I am a photographer and graphic artist. I also enjoy making quilts and other kinds of sewing. I like hiking/walking. I don't know if you want to call it a hobby but I like to volunteer at a home recycling center.
    I like to do just about anything creative. Making stuff and what not.
    And my new favorite hobby is riding around on my brand spanking new 2010 Harley Softail Deluxe. It is an awesome ride! Love it!

Motorcycles for me...... I'll be buying a new Street Glide in the next 2 months if everything continues as planned.

Wish I could find a cheaper set of hobbies though....
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Fishing

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
    Motorcycles for me...... I'll be buying a new Street Glide in the next 2 months if everything continues as planned.

Wish I could find a cheaper set of hobbies though....
    Yeah, but you know you love it!!

Other than archery related pursuits, I thoroughly enjoy scuba diving. I have been diving since 2002. Fishing for anything that swims is in there too.
    2008 Diamond Black Ice @ 65#/C.P. Oneida Extreme
    Easton Axis Carbon ST 340, Q.A.D. Ultra-Rest,
    G5 Optix SE Sight, G5 Meta Peep, Tru-Fire Excalibur II Release, NAP Thunderhead 100gr. BHs
    Great Sales and Service at www.oneidabows.net