You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Help analyze my misses

I recently swithed stabilizers fron a 30" main to a 32" main with a 10" side bar (pointing almost straight back).
    I haven't seen a huge jump in scores since the switch ( I didn't expect to) but my misses are a lot closer and I can see patterns now in my misses. What I need help with is to know what these patterns are telling me about my set up.
    Here it is- I'm averaging about 300 50x right now and at least 95% of my misses are straight left or straight right 1/4" or less off the x.
    I am still playing with weights on my bars (might even play with the angle of the side bar), but no weight adjustments have made much of a difference in the patterns.
    Any advice on where to start?
    Last edited by mw31; 03-05-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    Oakridge Archery
    Victory Arrows
    VaporTrail

Arrow consistency aside...I would look at whether you're maintaining same amount of back tension for each shot.

If I collapse, I miss left.

I have already ruled out the arrows. I am more than willing to accept the fact it may be inconsitent tension in fact that is on my list of things to keep an eye on when I go shoot again because I had that problem a few years ago. What relly has me kind of stumped this time is the misses are so close (a few years ago when I ran into the tension inconsistancies the misses where big). Also the left right pattern didn't show up untill I switched stabilizer setups before that there was no pattern at all.
    Oakridge Archery
    Victory Arrows
    VaporTrail

Inconsistency in bow hand position or in bow hand muscle tension? A tiny bit off can lead to the kind of misses you describe.

First, define your float and how you shoot. Are you a control freak or do you allow the pin, dot or ring to float within your range of motion? Do you use an active shot or do you hold and punch?
    Get those answered and then we can continue, or you can call me and Iíll go over it with you in person which would probably be faster.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper