You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: BT release's

Default BT release's

Is there one brand that anyone can use without having it go off on the draw cycle.
    I see most of the archers that use these seem to have 3 or 4 different brands till they find one that works for them. Being on a fixed income (68 years young ) I sure do not want to try and find the release does not work for me...

Carter Solution 2.5 (would have to get it used) and a Trueball Sweetspot, both have safetys.
    FBSA Member

Default Bill

Quote Originally Posted by sweet old bill View Post
    Is there one brand that anyone can use without having it go off on the draw cycle.
    I see most of the archers that use these seem to have 3 or 4 different brands till they find one that works for them. Being on a fixed income (68 years young ) I sure do not want to try and find the release does not work for me...
    Make a phone call to Joe Zenith at Zenith Archery. Joe right there at your age and wont lead you wrong.

Could call Eric Griggs at Scott archery

Brandon Reyes at Truball.

Call and ask for Jerry at Carter. Jerry an old timer as well.

All can explain which of there products may suit you best.

All good folks. that make good products.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

If you leave range of motion in the scapula out of the equation fit of a hinge or thumb trigger release is all about angle.... Each release is different and it is impossible for anyone to tell you what will feel best to you..

But any hinge or spike can be fired without worrying about it going off during the draw cycle if you simply let the release “TELL” you how it wants to be held... Hook the release to your loop and using only the index finger apply a small amount of pressure, see the angle.... now wrap the other fingers around the release mimicking the angle...

As long as you keep this angle you can pull till the cows come home and the release will not fire... continue to draw through the shot and when ready to fire simply relax the wrist while continuing to load the back and allow the release to rotate naturally..

One note your fingers should not slip on the release... that is an incorrect method of firing the hinge..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Javi, you make it sound so easy even a caveman could do it

Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
    Javi, you make it sound so easy even a caveman could do it
    It is that simple..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Thumbs up

I have a older 4 finger chappy boss and was ready to sell it. I changed the angle of the trigger to as small as possible and bought a round knurled trigger as apposed to the diamond trigger and now this BT is ROCKIN!

Redhead Kronik 60-70# 26" Draw
    Octane Hostage Pro Rest
    Tru-Glo Tru-Site X-Treme
    Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
    T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss

my thanks for all the help