You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default what is different about these reflex bows other than price??

I'm dying without at, thank god I found this site or I might actually have to resort to doing some work. I'm looking at buying a bow to cover 3d, indoor shooting, and very occasional hunting. The two that I like are the reflex highlander and timberwolf. Does anybody know the difference between these bows? The appear to have the same cams but I just dont know enough about reflex components to know how to compare them. Is the timberwolf worth the extra money?

For the price of these, you could pick a used 2005 or 2006 Protec or Ultratec which would hands down be a better bow for 3D and Indoor Target Shooting. Great riser and the XT series limbs are second to none in the industry!

If you want either the new Highlander or Timberwolf, go with the Timberwolf. It has a much stronge, more stable riser for alot of shooting. Also, the magnesium risers have been known to bend if pressed improperly. The limbs and cams on these (2) are the same.

Good luck!

Default I'll take a look

I really havent looked at used bows, but it sounds like a good idea. What is the best way to buy used these days? Are the forum classifieds what most people use or is ebay? I get discount on reflexes and diamonds so that is why I am looking at them.

If you want my opinion on Reflex, just wait a little bit. They are completely changing the 2007 lineup. All the bows are going to be different. The new growler is a nice looking bow. I haven't shot it yet though.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

You can usually find some pretty good used bows on these archery forums. I would even post a WTB for the draw and weight and style you're lookin into. Ebay is a good source as well, but I trust the guys on these forums better.

You could probably pick up a 2006 model for atleast a couple hundred under list.