You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Why I Chose Strother Archery over Elite for 2010

I have just noticed that every year Kevin's designs get better, and he has done his best creations yet, with the 2010 Strother lineup. My new SR-71 is smooth, fast, quiet, dead in the hand, and has a solid backwall. A little history with my opinion. I have owned an 06 Bowtech Tribute, then owning his improvement to that bow, which was the 06 Elite E-force, which was a better bow then the Tribute, an 06 E-500, which was a better bow then the Bowtech Allegiance, an 08 Elite GTO, and and 09 Elite GT500 , and now a 2010 Strother SR-71. Obviously, I like his style in bows. Right now, imo, Elite is basically just selling Kevin Strothers old models, except for the Judge. Elite did add adjustable mods to their bows this year, and this is better imo, then draw length specific bows. Well, I have his latest/best design imo, with my new Strother SR-71. I shot the Judge at Crackers shop in MO; VERY disappointed. It was a stiff draw, it had a noisy irritating little buzz to it, and it had noticeable hand shock. I felt it was a step back for Elite. I shot it back to back with the Strother SR-71. I could have bought the Judge at Crackers, or the SR-71. The SR-71 was the clear winner. Clear. Ray Charles would have stated the same; as closing your eyes is best way to really feel and hear the quality of the Strother, and the lack of quality in the Elite Judge. Both were bare bows; except the Judge had limb dampeners on it, the Strother none; nor does it need any and my bow won't have any added to it. Looks wise, I love the Predator camo on the Strother, over the Elite's camo. Shooting wise, it is a tack driver, and I really like the two draw stops, and the fact that it came with Crackers strings on it. I have put well over 400 shots through the bow, and the peep just comes back perfect, and the bow shoots phenomenal. I don't get paid to review bows, nor any company discounts. I just wanted to share my opinion and excitement over this new bow. Shoot them your self back to back..make up your own mind.

What did you shoot before you switched to a Strother, and what decided the switch for you?

A few pics of my new killer

Why I Chose Strother Archery over Elite for 2010 - General Archery Forum

John 3:16 Lifetime NRA Member/Iowa Bow Hunters Association/"Crackerized"Strother SR-71 "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6 UL shelter/stove geek

Had a GT500 and while it was a very good bow it is no where near as good as my Strother SR71 Blackbird. 28 1/2 60#, IBO arrow at 330- FPS. I still have a Darton 3500 and while it is a good bow as well, Because of the Elite issues Kevin brought this bow out with hybrids rather than binarys, sure glad he did. the SR71 is much, much better. What fascinates me is how quiet the bow is with nothing on the limbs or string. I opted to have Wes VanHorn build me a set of strings for the bling. Crackers strings are very good but I wanted a little colour. (Purple and flo yellow).

Bow was very easy to tune and get bullet holes with. It does like a little bit of a softer spine arrow but will shoot anything in to the same hole. Because of the Elite issues Kevin brought this bow to market with Hybrid cams instead of the binaries. In retrospect that was great for us as I believe this cam system is better than the binaries..
    Edit/Delete Message

Why I Chose Strother Archery over Elite for 2010
    Here I half expected the explanation to have something to do with you hitting your head and severe blunt force trama ?!? Temporary insanity or something like that!

Best of luck with your new rig, HCH. It does look great!

Default I often ask

Why even mention Elite?

Be happy with your bow and move on. Glad the Strothers bow works for you.

Elite makes a very good bow. Look at how many won at Florida shooting against some of the toughest compition in archery. Semi pro class.

Tim Ewers in Vegas in the BHFS Pro class.

Just be happy with your bow. No reason to try and compare todays bows. So many out there that are excellant bows.

Just find what works for you.
    DB
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 03-09-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Strother makes a good bow for sure, just ask him.

Elite parting ways w/ Strother if nothing provides stability to their company.

Love the predator btw..
    Last edited by BuckeyeRed; 03-09-2010 at 11:05 PM.
    Be good or be good at it.

Great looking bow!

It's just fun to watch the jilted lovers on EAF get excited over my review of the 2 bows. Nothing more. I am a whatever I am shooting fan boy. Can't wait for my new PSE AXE 6 to arrive!
    John 3:16 Lifetime NRA Member/Iowa Bow Hunters Association/"Crackerized"Strother SR-71 "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6 UL shelter/stove geek

There are numerous posts on forums where guys have the same review of the Judge that I experienced. Here is a message I got yesterday from a guy; These types of messages I have had before:

i read your posts about the judge vs strother and have a question for you...
    i picked up a judge for 525.00 saturday and finally got to shooting it today.
    i have 8 other elites and actually shot a vanquish side by side with the judge.
    i have never shot a bow with more jump and noise than the judge!
    i have a gt500,gto,e500,synergyxt,envy,aigil and a few other and next to the judge...i really though there was something wrong with it. its in spec but shoots like crap!
    i really didnt notice all the noise and vib when i shot it at the sellers house but it was turned down to 63#,shooting a heavier arrow and a different rest.
    sorry for the ramble but i guess my question is,did the judge you shot that was set up at crackers have a ton of jump and noise?
    thanks for any info..

End of quote.
    Last edited by HCH; 03-24-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Unless I missed something, this isn't EAF. So who cares what gets them all riled up and why are you trying to get people riled up here?

I personally don't shoot an Elite, Strother, or Bowtech (or any wheel bow for that matter) so I don't have a dog in this fight but just hate seeing someone come in and try to start a fight between fans of two different companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermag View Post
    Unless I missed something, this isn't EAF. So who cares what gets them all riled up and why are you trying to get people riled up here?

I personally don't shoot an Elite, Strother, or Bowtech (or any wheel bow for that matter) so I don't have a dog in this fight but just hate seeing someone come in and try to start a fight between fans of two different companies.
    Just a review, nothing more. Shoot them both and decide on your own.

Default Judge wins again

Seems Elite shooter shooting his judge won the NW IBO Triple Crown. Open Class

Now I see more and more winning with this bow.

I think its proven to be quite the shooter. Imigine that!

Actually quite a few Elite shooters won this weekend. Paris and Illinois shoot. Seems many are winning quite often with them.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers