You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    look up at your web browser:

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=266530

I know but I had to post it cause I hate bashing and thats all they do on AT anymore. 3D shoots is definatly a great place to bs and learn about bows but not brag so bad that it defends someone. I really love my Hoyts but you will not see me go on here and talk other companies down.

I have really been shooting the bow well fellas. It is a very accurate bow. The only reason I mentioned Elite, and compared the two, is because they are both tied very strongly to KS. The SR-71 is his newest design, it is just my favorite bow I've owned to date. Myself, and many past Bowtech and Elite shooters, feel it is his best design to date. I had been shooting and owned a lot of KS designed Bowtechs and Elites in the past. I shoot what ever, and am no fanboy, but I have liked many of his designs. The guy knows how to design bows.

I have a PSE AXE 6 on order, and I really like this bow too. The SR-71 and the AXE 6 are my two favorite speed bows for 2010. We all like different bows, and this is just my opinion. I hope the pain that many of the Elite fanboys are suffering, over KS leaving Elite, heals soon, and people can move on. It is like a painful divorce over on the EAF forum and ANY bow can be discussed over there, EXCEPT for a Strother. Heck, you can't even post pics of one out rabbit hunting or do a quiver review with the quiver on a Strother, without people coming unglued and crying like babies. "Kevin left us; 4 pics of a quiver and rabbit hunting are too much...get out the Kleenex, I need to wipe my tears....Oh Kevin, how did you leave us !!!" Heaven forbid you state that you didn't like the Judge as it had too much handshock, vibe, and was a stiff draw. You are called out on your opinion, guys state that the judge at Crackers shop was sabotaged and out of tune; and yet when you quote a dozen other guys reviews of the Judge that said the same thing..you hear the same old thing,"The judge is great, those guys shot out of tune ones too." LOL...Yea, right.
    Meanwhile, Hoyts, Alpines, Mathews, etc....are OK to post pics of and openly discuss on the EAF.
    Last edited by HCH; 03-18-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    John 3:16 Lifetime NRA Member/Iowa Bow Hunters Association/"Crackerized"Strother SR-71 "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6 UL shelter/stove geek

I guess my question would be, how long will this company be in business? Of course no one knows and I wish them well. But with the number of bow manufactuers coming and going, it is hard to sink $ in.

Default Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by HCH View Post
    I have really been shooting the bow well fellas. It is a very accurate bow. The only reason I mentioned Elite, and compared the two, is because they are both tied very strongly to KS. The SR-71 is his newest design, it is just my favorite bow I've owned to date. Myself, and many past Bowtech and Elite shooters, feel it is his best design to date. I had been shooting and owned a lot of KS designed Bowtechs and Elites in the past. I shoot what ever, and am no fanboy, but I have liked many of his designs. The guy knows how to design bows.

I have a PSE AXE 6 on order, and I really like this bow too. The SR-71 and the AXE 6 are my two favorite speed bows for 2010. We all like different bows, and this is just my opinion. I hope the pain that many of the Elite fanboys are suffering, over KS leaving Elite, heals soon, and people can move on. It is like a painful divorce over on the EAF forum and ANY bow can be discussed over there, EXCEPT for a Strother. Heck, you can't even post pics of one out rabbit hunting or do a quiver review with the quiver on a Strother, without people coming unglued and crying like babies. "Kevin left us; 4 pics of a quiver and rabbit hunting are too much...get out the Kleenex, I need to wipe my tears....Oh Kevin, how did you leave us !!!" Heaven forbid you state that you didn't like the Judge as it had too much handshock, vibe, and was a stiff draw. You are called out on your opinion, guys state that the judge at Crackers shop was sabotaged and out of tune; and yet when you quote a dozen other guys reviews of the Judge that said the same thing..you hear the same old thing,"The judge is great, those guys shot out of tune ones too." LOL...Yea, right.
    Meanwhile, Hoyts, Alpines, Mathews, etc....are OK to post pics of and openly discuss on the EAF.
    Seems your the only one mentioning anyone crying! No one crying and Elite forum is doing quite well. Some here see this for what it is and they dont even shoot Elite or Strothers. What will you comment about them. You seem to never mention that Elite bows are not highly accepted on the Strothers forum! Most of us are adult enough to understand your reasoning! Did you ever mention this and call everyone there crybabies at Strothers forum? No tears at Elite and sales have continued to improve there. Will you compare your PSE and Strothers and post on the Strothers forum especially if you like the PSE better, which by the way is a great bow like so many good bows on the market today? Have you tried posting on the Mathews forum?
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default I'm enjoying this debate on a cold rainy Sunday morning.

I have never seen or held a strother or elite bow. They both must be good bows. It all boils down to what you like. I shoot hoyts and I don't think they are better than Mathews, pse, strother or elite. It's just what I like. A different brand of bow has never iimproved my shooting. My brain will only let me shoot so good. Good shooters like xquest can figure out a way to shoot 300 with a broom stick. It is and always will be the shooter that determines how good a bow is, not the bow determining how good the shooter will be.----It's going to be a long day, please continue with the bow bash, I'm enjoying it.

Default Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1945 View Post
    I have never seen or held a strother or elite bow. They both must be good bows. It all boils down to what you like. I shoot hoyts and I don't think they are better than Mathews, pse, strother or elite. It's just what I like. A different brand of bow has never iimproved my shooting. My brain will only let me shoot so good. Good shooters like xquest can figure out a way to shoot 300 with a broom stick. It is and always will be the shooter that determines how good a bow is, not the bow determining how good the shooter will be.----It's going to be a long day, please continue with the bow bash, I'm enjoying it.
    One should not compare bows! Plain and simple. Especially when its two different manfactuers and two totally different bows designed for two totally different reasons. I dont bash another brand because often you get beat like a drum from the bow you just bashed Then it becomes quite hard to say that bow isnt any good unless your saying you totally suck and got beat by a bow you bashed and said was not as good. Shoot what works for you! Let others shoot what works for them. Elite/Strothers make good bows and I wish them both well!
    DB
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Oh the drama some people make over Elite/strother. I compared the two as they were are made by the same designer until now. I like his new design better. I reported this. My right to. If you don't like it, ignore my thread and review. Simple.
    Now take your kester over to Elite, go complain that Hoyts, Alpines, and Mathews are openly reviewed and discussed on Elites forum. This should not be allowed if Strother pics with a quiver aren't allowed, or rabbit hunting pics.
    John 3:16 Lifetime NRA Member/Iowa Bow Hunters Association/"Crackerized"Strother SR-71 "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6 UL shelter/stove geek

Default Allowed

Oh the drama some people make over Elite/strother. I compared the two as they were are made by the same designer until now. I like his new design better. I reported this. My right to. If you don't like it, ignore my thread and review. Simple.
    Now take your kester over to Elite, go complain that Hoyts, Alpines, and Mathews are openly reviewed and discussed on Elites forum. This should not be allowed if Strother pics with a quiver aren't allowed, or rabbit hunting pics.

Judge can shoot and shoot quite well. I stated it from the minute I saw the bow and shot it. Not hard to see the specs on a bow and realize why it was designed like it is! Not rocket science and most bows shoot well today. Arrow is past the rest before the archer ever feels a little hand shock. Accuracy can be achieved easily if bow is designed right.

Picture below is 90 meters. I would say the bow shoots quite well. I know some will be winning with the judge this year at several tournaments and I doubt they compare the bow to another bow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I forgot to mention another great feature of the new Strother lineup for 2010. A Great shelf. QAD's dropaways don't work well on the Elite line up like this.

Why I Chose Strother Archery over Elite for 2010 - General Archery Forum

I forgot to mention another great feature of the new Strother lineup for 2010. A Great shelf. QAD's dropaways don't work well on the Elite line up like this.
    Could read....

I forgot to mention another great feature of the new Strother lineup for 2010. A Great shelf.
    And....

If I hadn't already said I wasn't going to post anymore on this thread, I would say that the shelf on the Judge is the same, but, I'm not posting here so forget I mentioned it!!!
    Elite GT500
    Elite Judge
    Elite XLR
    Mathews Apex & Apex 7

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Judge can shoot and shoot quite well. I stated it from the minute I saw the bow and shot it. Not hard to see the specs on a bow and realize why it was designed like it is! Not rocket science and most bows shoot well today. Arrow is past the rest before the archer ever feels a little hand shock. Accuracy can be achieved easily if bow is designed right.

Picture below is 90 meters. I would say the bow shoots quite well. I know some will be winning with the judge this year at several tournaments and I doubt they compare the bow to another bow.
    DB My math is bad. Is 90 meters = 300feet? Id so that is one bad bow, I still want one as soon as funds are available my way.
    Redhead Kronik 60-70# 26" Draw
    Octane Hostage Pro Rest
    Tru-Glo Tru-Site X-Treme
    Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
    T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss

Default Long distance

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    DB My math is bad. Is 90 meters = 300feet? Id so that is one bad bow, I still want one as soon as funds are available my way.
    I would say its a long way to shoot groups like that. I think my point that the Judge can shoot will be proved more than a few times this year by several shooters. There talkers and doers. Javier has proved the Judge can shoot.
    DB

Oh the drama some people make over Elite/strother. I compared the two as they were are made by the same designer until now. ....
    I think most over on EAF would deny Strother ever had anything to do with Elite. Some of those guys crack me up.

One day, just one day, I hope that all archers can come together and realize that whatever bow I am shooting at that time is the best and thus everyone should throw theirs in the dump and buy whatever I'm shooting.

Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I think most over on EAF would deny Strother ever had anything to do with Elite. Some of those guys crack me up.

One day, just one day, I hope that all archers can come together and realize that whatever bow I am shooting at that time is the best and thus everyone should throw theirs in the dump and buy whatever I'm shooting.

LOL...I like the way you think

I've gotta agree with Jame here................Wait did I just say that . If you like your bow fine but don't come in here saying this is why I left Elite. Fact of the matter is you left because you wanted a new bow this year and the Strother fit you better. Does that mean you will shoot it any better than your elite................probably not. Honestly who cares............you like bow and it's nice. Why bash elite other than to be a Strother fanboy. I've shot Mathews for a few years. A friend of mine opened a shop, Plug, plug..............TEXOMABOWHUNTER in Durant, OK..........., and his mainlines are Hoyt and PSE. I'm shooting Hoyt now to support the shop and to tell you the truth I like them.........Oh crap Jame heard that .............anyway all bows today are great shooting bows. Some fit me better than other but I guaruntee one thing there is a bow in every major bow company lineup that I could shoot as well as I am now.

I will say though that I do like how Elite stepped to the plate with the warranty..............that is awesome.

It's just fun to watch the jilted lovers on EAF get excited over my review of the 2 bows. Nothing more. I am a whatever I am shooting fan boy. Can't wait for my new PSE AXE 6 to arrive!

There are numerous posts on forums where guys have the same review of the Judge that I experienced. Here is a message I got yesterday from a guy; These types of messages I have had before:

i read your posts about the judge vs strother and have a question for you...
    i picked up a judge for 525.00 saturday and finally got to shooting it today.
    i have 8 other elites and actually shot a vanquish side by side with the judge.
    i have never shot a bow with more jump and noise than the judge!
    i have a gt500,gto,e500,synergyxt,envy,aigil and a few other and next to the judge...i really though there was something wrong with it. its in spec but shoots like crap!
    i really didnt notice all the noise and vib when i shot it at the sellers house but it was turned down to 63#,shooting a heavier arrow and a different rest.
    sorry for the ramble but i guess my question is,did the judge you shot that was set up at crackers have a ton of jump and noise?
    thanks for any info..

End of quote.
    Last edited by HCH; 03-24-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Unless I missed something, this isn't EAF. So who cares what gets them all riled up and why are you trying to get people riled up here?

I personally don't shoot an Elite, Strother, or Bowtech (or any wheel bow for that matter) so I don't have a dog in this fight but just hate seeing someone come in and try to start a fight between fans of two different companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermag View Post
    Unless I missed something, this isn't EAF. So who cares what gets them all riled up and why are you trying to get people riled up here?

I personally don't shoot an Elite, Strother, or Bowtech (or any wheel bow for that matter) so I don't have a dog in this fight but just hate seeing someone come in and try to start a fight between fans of two different companies.
    Just a review, nothing more. Shoot them both and decide on your own.

Default Judge wins again

Seems Elite shooter shooting his judge won the NW IBO Triple Crown. Open Class

Now I see more and more winning with this bow.

I think its proven to be quite the shooter. Imigine that!

Actually quite a few Elite shooters won this weekend. Paris and Illinois shoot. Seems many are winning quite often with them.
    DB