You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Smile Where can I find equipment on the web?

Hi,
    I'm new to the sport. My brother and me are interested in starting practicing archery, but only target shooting not hunting. We are looking for where to buy equipment through the internet. What sites do you guys recommend? I'm also thinking of setting up a target shooting range on my backyard, can you give me any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Default Web stuff

Do you have access to a Wal-Mart? You can get just about anything you want (except bows) there. As for the Web, eBay has literally anything you'll need, and a bunch of stuff you don't. Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Keystone Archery, Sportsman's Guide and bunches of others have a full range of equipment, also.

How about the link at the top of this page that says "Online Archery Equipment"

Really, we run an full retail and online archery store. Here is the link
    www.obsessionarchery.com
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Thanks for the prompt reply!!!! I will check those out. Do you have any suggestions on how should I set up the target shooting range? How do I know what bow size should I buy for my brother and me? Thanks in advance. And sorry for asking so many questions.

Default Bow "size" and target range.

If by "size" you mean draw weight, and you're just talking about target shooting, I'd say get a bow with a 50-60 draw weight range. I'd also go with a longer bow, around 35" axle-to-axle (maybe a little shorter for you).

As for a target range, how much land do you have? If you can go out to 40 yards, great, as long as there's no danger to anybody or anything beyond that. If necessary, buy 10 or 12 hay bales from somebody and stack them behind your target. For your target, you have basically two kinds: bags or blocks. Bags tend to be heavier and probably won't last as long, but they're a bit cheaper and arrows are easier to remove. I paid about $50 for my bag and it took me two years of pretty heavy shooting to wear mine out. Do NOT get the really cheap ($20 or so) styrofoam blocks that you see at Wal-Mart and elsewhere; you'll have little white chunks all over the place within a month or two.

Hope this helps.

MTColl, thanks for the prompt answer. I checked out my backyard and I can easily fit a 30 - 40 yards. So I can set up the target range suggestion you gave me. Is there any way I can know for sure what measurement should the bow be? I read somewhere that if a person puts his or her hands together and you measure from the shoulder to the tip of the middle finger you get the measurement for the bow length. Is that true? Also for now I really like the Mohegan Recurve Bow by Greatree Archery. Is this a good bow for beginners? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MTColl28734 View Post
    Do you have access to a Wal-Mart? You can get just about anything you want (except bows) there. As for the Web, eBay has literally anything you'll need, and a bunch of stuff you don't. Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Keystone Archery, Sportsman's Guide and bunches of others have a full range of equipment, also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    How about the link at the top of this page that says "Online Archery Equipment"

Really, we run an full retail and online archery store. Here is the link
    www.obsessionarchery.com
    Thanks for the prompt reply!!!! I will check those out. Do you have any suggestions on how to set a target range on my backyard? Also how do I know what bow size should each of us use?