You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: GT triple X

Default GT triple X

Is there anyway to get a broadhead on a triple x? Maybe this needs to be in the DIY section.

Default No

Quote Originally Posted by jim p View Post
    Is there anyway to get a broadhead on a triple x? Maybe this needs to be in the DIY section.

I dont think they make an insert for these.

http://www.goldtip.com/triplex.htm
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Therefore a nib/broadhead. Would there be a market? Cut on contact. I could grind the tip flat on a nib and then attach a broadhead but a triple x as a hunting arrow might just be stupid. The only reason that I would want to do it is that I like to practice with what I plan on hunting with.

Quote Originally Posted by jim p View Post
    Therefore a nib/broadhead. Would there be a market? Cut on contact. I could grind the tip flat on a nib and then attach a broadhead but a triple x as a hunting arrow might just be stupid. The only reason that I would want to do it is that I like to practice with what I plan on hunting with.
    Anything's possible. I wouldn't suggest it though.
    Be good or be good at it.

Keep 'em in the 10-ring! archeryguru2000's Avatar

Any reason why you need Triple-X shafts for hunting? I would recommend using a smaller diameter shaft for hunting anyway. Those "fat" shafts are great for line cutting, but that's just excess surface area (i.e. more friction) for a hunting shaft.

Don't get me wrong, I too would prefer to use the same shafts in my 3-D shoots as when hunting (less changes to make at the end of either season), but I'm not sure those shafts are recommended for hunting.

However, if you must use those shafts, I believe this link may be of some assistance. You would only need the glue in adapters. Also, with a 0.383" inside diameter, you may be able to use an insert for an aluminium arrow (probably 23xx to 25xx). You'll have to check to see what size fits best.

Hope this helps,
    ~~archery~~
    ~~archery~~
    3D Shoots Forum Keep 'em in the 10 ring!
    ArcheryTalk Forum
    Dropbox extra 500MB of storage!

I saw a post that suggested that the triple x being way over spined for my bow will shoot great with a nib but with a broadhead it would almost be impossible to tune. So maybe this is why there is not much interest in broadheads for the triple x.

If I want to hunt with what I shoot for 3d, it looks like I might as well just stay with my 5575.