You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Anchor point

Default Anchor point

Ok guys I have a friend and he anchors with his thumb along his jawbone and was wondering if this is a stable anchor???? He says it works good for him but he has not shot very long and I believe he is capable of much better shooting.

"HONDA"

I anchor w/the first nuckle of my thumb under my ear lobe and rest my ear lobe in the space between the thumb and index finger......

I think I will get that surgery this year though.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I anchor with my first index finger knuckle under my ear lobe. But it seems to me that thumb behind the jawbone leaves alot of room for hand movement.

"HONDA"

I anchor w/ my index knuckle at my ear lobe and my thumb along the base of my jaw. A buddy of mine anchors w/ his thumb at the back of his jaw straight under his ear, he's pretty consistant, seems to work for him.

I put the bow string on the tip of my nose... it took me a while to get used to but my accuracy improved dramatically..
    Hunt Hard or Don't GO

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Yes Sir, I put my nose on the kisser button and the thumb runs along my jawbone. The nose in this position gives me a centerline set up on my body. Pick it up from and old NFTA pro. Has servered me well for 25 years. Straight Shootin< Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

You know. I've been shooting compounds for over 32 years and really never paid much attention to where my hand lines up on my face. I know it's there and I know it's very consistent.

I adjust and adjust and adjust the draw length of my bow for where the string touches my nose and the front of the lips. I tweak the bow's draw length to death till it's where it belongs. I use a rope release, which is similiar to a loop but not on the string. When I have the bow set right then my form will be correct without any conscious thought about where my drawing hand lies.

I ancor with my pointer knuckle under my ear lobe and my thumb under my jaw bone. i also use a jisser button with my nose on the string. I think i'm pretty consistant. People from 3d shoot say i'm consistant with my ancor point. But its all about what your comfortable with.
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS
    Myspace:myspace.com/08_stroker