You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: pin nocks

Hybrid View

Question pin nocks

could someone tell me the big deal about pin nock. just trying to understand the reason for the design.thx

Based on the testing I've done with a hooter shooter, the pin nock is the most accurate nock right out of the box. In my opinion the nock end is the most important part of your arrow. If the nock end is crooked at all, you will not have good groups.

I've worked with other nocks and had arrows miss the group by 2.5" at 20 yards just because the nock was bad.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Based on the testing I've done with a hooter shooter, the pin nock is the most accurate nock right out of the box. In my opinion the nock end is the most important part of your arrow. If the nock end is crooked at all, you will not have good groups.

I've worked with other nocks and had arrows miss the group by 2.5" at 20 yards just because the nock was bad.
    Very good point. My son had a crooked pin nock that we discovered and throwing that arrow off to 1 side consistently. I thought it was just him until he showed me that nock. We changed it and problem was gone.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

chris do you use a squaring tool on the nock end

example: Regular nock; your arrow is sitting in the 12 ring. Next shooter hits your nock, breaks it, splits your arrow, arrow ruined.

Pin nock will deflect that arrow, not only saving your arrow(it might ruin your nock though), but possibly deflecting his arrow out of the 12.

since i have switched to pin nocks, i dont get nearly as many arrows destroyed.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg