You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Shrink Fletch

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Middletown, Pa
    Posts
    813

    Default Shrink Fletch

    Since their inception I haven't like them. I have my own fletching jig and enjoy personalizing arrows. However I was in the local Gander Mountain yesterday and happened to see them with Blazer vanes.

    They were 24.99 for a pack of six. Certainly someone has to be kidding. That's $50 a dozen for fletching. And if ya mess up one you have to replace the whole works.

    Tell me I'm old and out of touch, but I can buy enough vanes and glue to do my own for the next twenty years just for that $50.

    Just how gullible are we consumers going to get?

  2. #2
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Don't worry, plenty of people out there that will find out that not only are they very expensive, they are just a bad design/idea too... I know somebody who bought them. They lasted all of a couple of weeks.

    Fletching a shaft is pretty cheap and pretty easy, even if you buy the expensive jig, vanes, glue, etc...

    Besides, when the weather is bad I enjoy sitting on the sofa with a tray table, watching a move and re-fletching arrows.

    Ron

  3. #3
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    When they first came out I thought it was a cool idea, but it really doesn't make sense. Like you said if you clip a vane you waste the whole thing.

    The only thing I could see as an "advantage" was if you had to make an "emergency repair" in the field , but that's never happened to me, I usually have more than 1 arrow with me.


  4. #4
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    When they first came out I thought it was a cool idea, but it really doesn't make sense. Like you said if you clip a vane you waste the whole thing.

    The only thing I could see as an "advantage" was if you had to make an "emergency repair" in the field , but that's never happened to me, I usually have more than 1 arrow with me.
    completley agreed and also about the one arrow in your quiver thing.....thats why the dealer sells them in half dozens.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  5. #5
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    And, where would you get the hot water in the field to shrink the thing on your arrow ? Use your coffee ? I think not...

    Ron

  6. #6
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    And, where would you get the hot water in the field to shrink the thing on your arrow ? Use your coffee ? I think not...

    Ron
    you carry a solar powered water heater...... duh....some people just dont think......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  7. #7
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    you carry a solar powered water heater...... duh....some people just dont think......
    Or your could heat your canteen with your flare gun .

    Or maybe we could invent "Instant hot water" in a little bag you rip open and it heats up those those foot warmers!!!

    "I have some freeze dried water, but I don't know what to add"
    Steven Wright


  8. #8
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Or your could heat your canteen with your flare gun .

    Or maybe we could invent "Instant hot water" in a little bag you rip open and it heats up those those foot warmers!!!

    "I have some freeze dried water, but I don't know what to add"
    Steven Wright
    you are a thinkin mans thingker you are.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  9. #9
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    you are a thinkin mans thingker you are.......
    I got a million of 'em

    Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it!


  10. #10
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    you carry a solar powered water heater...... duh....some people just dont think......

    Yeah, or a pocket-sized nuclear reactor... Who would need lumenocks... The whole arrow would glow. Hey, now that's an idea ! And you suggested I was not thinking...

    Ron

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Middletown, Pa
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Me thinks you guys think too much. LOL.

  12. #12
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Yeah, or a pocket-sized nuclear reactor... Who would need lumenocks... The whole arrow would glow. Hey, now that's an idea ! And you suggested I was not thinking
    If we put our heads together we could have the biggest thing since.....toilet paper!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Me thinks you guys think too much. LOL.
    That's what they said about the guy that came up with toilet paper!


Similar Threads

  1. Seeing a Shrink
    By Liv2Bowhunt in forum Jokes Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 01:26 AM
  2. New shrink fletch system
    By philg in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 09:44 PM
  3. shrink a pic
    By kbohunt in forum Offtopic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 12:27 PM
  4. Shrink fit blazers?
    By Grady in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 09:37 AM
  5. shrink fletch?
    By gunner in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •