You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Gold Tip Ultralight 22's...spine and durabilty??????

I've been thinking about trying some GT UL 22's for 3D this year. They will probably be the Pro series but not 100% sure. Who shoots them and do you have any opinions on them as for how they hold up. Are they as durable as a carbon such as a standard thickness GT UL or an Easton Lightspeed? The other thing I was wondering about was spine. I normally shot 61-62# with an arrow spined around .400" I'm worried about the .300" spine of the 22's being too stiff for my 62# '06 Bowtech Constitution. Even with 100grn one piece points and bumping my pounds up some that's still a very stiff arrow for the draw weight. Does any one have any opinions on this as well?

Thanks
    Tim

Default Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck1860 View Post
    I've been thinking about trying some GT UL 22's for 3D this year. They will probably be the Pro series but not 100% sure. Who shoots them and do you have any opinions on them as for how they hold up. Are they as durable as a carbon such as a standard thickness GT UL or an Easton Lightspeed? The other thing I was wondering about was spine. I normally shot 61-62# with an arrow spined around .400" I'm worried about the .300" spine of the 22's being too stiff for my 62# '06 Bowtech Constitution. Even with 100grn one piece points and bumping my pounds up some that's still a very stiff arrow for the draw weight. Does any one have any opinions on this as well?

Thanks
    Tim
    I just bought a Connie bow. I plan to shoot these 22's through it at 55 lbs. and 80 grn points. Wouldnt hesitate to shoot my xcutters with 90 grn nibbs which I will be taking to Texas with me. ABOK here shoots and uses these in the Pro class out of his Mathews bows. Personally I like a stiff arrow. Dont have any promblems tuning a bullet hole. Shooting pin nocks and blazer type vanes. Javi here has always liked the 22's.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I've been shooting the Pro 22s for a while now. I shoot them for 3D with the pin nocks. They are great shafts. No problem with durability at all.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Shot them last 3D season out of my Prestige at about 58lbs. Very durable and no problems tuning.

I use the X cutters but my son shoots the 22s for 3D abd % spot out of his 50lb 27in draw bow and they shoot great- the stiffer the better
    Mathews Ovation 60 lbs 29 Dl- Ranger custom Strings
    HHA 5500 ol - Trophy Taker shakey hunter-
    Tru Ball pro diamond- Gold Tip X-cutters= awsome shootin'
    (new)FBSA Member

James Drouillard

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck1860 View Post

Thanks
    Tim
    Was wondering the same thing. I do know they are durable. Spine is what I was wondering too. So back to top!
    James Drouillare...Adams Archery...Hoyt...Easton...Trophy Taker...Scott Archery...Doinker...Muzzy...Bohning

Default Gold Tip

I shoot the X cutters and am shooting 280 fps and have had no problems with tuning or durability. I love the arrows and they help you pick up a few points in 3D shooting.
    Bowtech Pro Staff
    Vaportrail Pro Staff
    Tru ball Pro staff