You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Corn stove buyer beware

I bought a United States Stove Company multi fuel stove Model 6100 and it sucks big time. It truly is crap unless you like to shut it down every day to clean it out. The ash pot is the problem it build up in such a small area it blocks air from getting to the burn pot. The company is basically saying its not a problem? Getting the run around from them. I live in Michigan and want to use corn to heat my house. This 6100 Model claims to heat up to 2000 sq ft { my butt}. I know of a another buyer which is returning this big heavy stove. Mine is going back after I photo graph everything from scratch and start a State complaint. This is the the stove to stay away from like the plague. http://www.usstove.com/cgi-bin/csvse...ivid.pl?ID=116 I f you know anyone that has purchased one of these PLEASE PM me.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whitetail99 View Post
    I bought a United States Stove Company multi fuel stove Model 6100 and it sucks big time. It truly is crap unless you like to shut it down every day to clean it out. The ash pot is the problem it build up in such a small area it blocks air from getting to the burn pot. The company is basically saying its not a problem? Getting the run around from them. I live in Michigan and want to use corn to heat my house. This 6100 Model claims to heat up to 2000 sq ft { my butt}. I know of a another buyer which is returning this big heavy stove. Mine is going back after I photo graph everything from scratch and start a State complaint. This is the the stove to stay away from like the plague. http://www.usstove.com/cgi-bin/csvse...ivid.pl?ID=116 I f you know anyone that has purchased one of these PLEASE PM me.
    I just purchased a new pellet stove this year and there is definately a LOT of trial and error in getting it to burn correctly. the dampener has to be open just right for the feed settign that is going to be used, and every different kind of pellet requires the settings to be changed. I would imagine that Corn would be the same way. It may not be a problem because they are using a different quality of corn or different settings to have it burning correctly.

I passed on getting the Corn and went for pellets for the auto-light feature that pellets have ad corn doesn't
    No I'm not dead

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Alright you liberal treehuggers that think we need to save our mass of millions trees. I am still using the good ol X-tech and burning oaks ,ash, locust, hickory and loving the heat I get. So be it if you like to use the corn. Here in the hills of Tn we use to have ,and some still do ,another use for that corn and it was not to feed the hogs.

I have a friend that builds those stove here in Tn. I am going to see if he knows of this problem and see if there is a way to do it as Dreadly has suggested, God bless, Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Alright you liberal treehuggers that think we need to save our mass of millions trees.

So if I suppliment my living by selling firewood.....does that make me a tree hater????
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    So if I suppliment my living by selling firewood.....does that make me a tree hater????
    Nice try we already know you are a hippy
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Nice try we already know you are a hippy
    I may live close (within 2 miles) of Woodstock (not the concert site but the actual town of) but a hippie I am not.....I listen to contry and rock music.....and I where work boots to work and church......I am a hillbilly....plain and simply....I have never stated other wise........

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I may live close (within 2 miles) of Woodstock (not the concert site but the actual town of) but a hippie I am not.....I listen to contry and rock music.....and I where work boots to work and church......I am a hillbilly....plain and simply....I have never stated other wise........
    Here, Here!!! Take that you tree huggin', Leaf peepin', sandal wearin', terrorist supportin' Liberals!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    Do you were undies ,because if you do??? you ain't a HillBilly
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Mr Bowman sound like a hippie in disguise Use redneck hillbillies here in Tn Mnts always wore our hair long ,BC, to hide the color of our necks, wore dem boots and such, Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

I love this. Yankees attacking Yankees.
    Pearson Z-32 52# 28 1/2"
    Slick Trick Mags TEAM 2

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Duck65 View Post
    I love this. Yankees attacking Yankees.
    Well the south wasn't much of a challange so if we want an actual war I guess we'll just have to fight eachother.
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Well the south wasn't much of a challange so if we want an actual war I guess we'll just have to fight eachother.
    them there is fighting words....looks like I may need popcorn now......

The problem with wood is that its hard on my back. I will burn right around 12 face cord a year. The stove I have is not designed to attach to duct work and it doesn't have auto controls to adjust temperature. Yes i have a flue dampener and a air intake adjustment. Wood is much more maintenance for me.