You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default May be stupid to shoot archery

My day starts off with 10, 12, 5 12

Now that five score came from setting my sight on 48yrds when I meant 38yrds.

Really cost me bigtime in Paris Pro am. You practice for months and do something that stupid and I have done before.

Of course those 5 eights didnt help either. I did have five 12's.

Had fun and its just part of having a shot process and part of that is double checking that sight tape to get it right.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Did that last year DB...............Got to 5th target and was already 6 up............Target was 38 and I shot if for 38. Just put the wrong pin on it...........was a great 28 yard shot right under the bedded buck

My first shoot with a scope, remembered to change the dial, but did not check my arrow and it had fallen off my rest on a letdown, so when it went off it flew hard left and hit a tree... Saturday had a wind gust hit about the time my release went off, zip.... two misses for the weekend... finished 6 down for 5th place in K40.... I have bitten by the bug again... gotta go redeem myself now.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Hey, don't feel bad. That's what gettin' old is all about.
    The bigger the animal, the more I misjudge the distance...long.
    I have a question. At the ASA shoots, are ya'll only using the center 12, or all of'em? In our local shoots, only the center 12 counts, and no 14's either.
    Not like I have to worry about that...

Default 12 score

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    Hey, don't feel bad. That's what gettin' old is all about.
    The bigger the animal, the more I misjudge the distance...long.
    I have a question. At the ASA shoots, are ya'll only using the center 12, or all of'em? In our local shoots, only the center 12 counts, and no 14's either.
    Not like I have to worry about that...
    ASA on unmarked yardages uses the lower 12 ring. On a marked yardage course they shoot the upper 12 score. Makes a little risk there if you go for them. 14 ring are in play in all classes but the pros.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Aiming is always fun. I shoot fixed pins and a slow bow. I had a 25 yard shot and I needed to hold the 20 yard pin about 3" high. I shot and hit a muskadine vine broke my arrow and got a 5 in the rear of the deer. I stood there in disbelief. It took me 24 hours to realize that I must have held 3" low instead of high. Which made me hit 6" low.

Sunday I go to our clubs invitational shoot. They had paper plates pined to trees to indicate which 12 to shoot (center, upper and lower). I shot at least 3 or 4 center 12's when I should have been shooting upper or lower 12's.

I guess that I will have to remove my head for the orifice and quit shooting on auto pilot. It is all fun and these little bobbles are just amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    ASA on unmarked yardages uses the lower 12 ring. On a marked yardage course they shoot the upper 12 score. Makes a little risk there if you go for them. 14 ring are in play in all classes but the pros.
    DB
    DB, the Bow Novice class shot lower 12's on Saturday, upper 12's on Sunday

Bad thing was, I hit more upper 12's on Saturday than I did on Sunday
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

I shot Known 45 and I got "educated" on Sunday. Those 14 rings aren't quite so available as they appear to be. I hit 3 of them on Saturday to dig out of a hole and shoot even. But Sunday I found a much lower percentage (read that as only 1) of them and tossed out an oh so pleasing 22 down.