You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: String question

I am on my 3rd set of strings from Winner's Choice in my second bow. I have set my peep a grand total of 3 times. Every string has been 2 colors. Each string (with the exception of the two new ones) goes through at least 12000 shots before getting replaced. They have my buisness for life.
    CSAA Member

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document

Look at it from my stand point as an engineer...

I know that if I build my strings from a single color with material off the same spool, any creep, stretch or settling that may happen will be the same throughout the string bundle.

I know that if I build my string from the dirty underwear colored (natural) material that the wax/dye will be less or non existent, making the strand diameter smaller and allowing me to make a string of 24 strands that is no larger in diameter than an 18 strand string of the same material that has been dyed. I know that this will allow me the luxury of a more stable string while maintaining the same speed and bundle size.

I know that if I build my string on my Yellowstone jig as I have been doing for the past couple of decades that the string will do everything I ask of it, and will not cause the peep to rotate; nor will I have to continually be twisting the string to maintain draw length and tune.

I know that a string I build for myself is exactly as I wanted it, and not how someone else thinks I want it... because I'm to stupid to know what I want..

Lastly I know that my string will never win a beauty contest, and I don't care..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Look at it from my stand point as an engineer...

I know that if I build my strings from a single color with material off the same spool, any creep, stretch or settling that may happen will be the same throughout the string bundle.

I know that if I build my string from the dirty underwear colored (natural) material that the wax/dye will be less or non existent, making the strand diameter smaller and allowing me to make a string of 24 strands that is no larger in diameter than an 18 strand string of the same material that has been dyed. I know that this will allow me the luxury of a more stable string while maintaining the same speed and bundle size.

I know that if I build my string on my Yellowstone jig as I have been doing for the past couple of decades that the string will do everything I ask of it, and will not cause the peep to rotate; nor will I have to continually be twisting the string to maintain draw length and tune.

I know that a string I build for myself is exactly as I wanted it, and not how someone else thinks I want it... because I'm to stupid to know what I want..

Lastly I know that my string will never win a beauty contest, and I don't care..
    I'm not OK with any of that!.........not until you build me some strings too
    Elite GT500
    Elite Judge
    Elite XLR
    Mathews Apex & Apex 7

Very Interesting! so just the other day i was thinking 1 solid color string and a different solid color cable..i got to have some colors.
    Elite Pure, Limbdriver,Doinker Fatty's,Vaportrails,Fatboys

PSE Vendetta XL,Limbdriver,Doinker,Fatboys,Easton Axis