You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default need help choosing sight

I'm a beginner wanting a new sight, and I want no hunk of junk that lots of beginners get and then build up and up to a good sight and end up spending tons of money when I could have got a good one in the first place. Anyway I want a scope of some type I need to know if there is any kinds of scopes that are highly recommended and if there are any scopes that I would have to stay away from. Also I want a bar for my scope so I was wondering if there was any of those that are recommended, the size, brand etc. Any help would be highly appreciated.

THANKS,

300 wish that was your score to!!!

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Welcome to the site and I like a man who knows the score. I would suggest the Sureloc Challanger bar. Any of sureloc bars are top shelf. I am sure some others will have a good one to. You will mainly see Sureloc on most top shooters bows. I like thier Black Egale .49 ml scope in a .02. there are some other good scopes out there and I am sure you will here from others who know more about them than me. I did shoot and extreem and enjoied it. Striaght shootin", Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

I also like sure loc and there supreme series is second to none......if you want the best scope get a Sure loc black eagle w/a Swarovski lens.....top of the line.....tops in quality and tops in price also
    I cut things up and split them down!

if you want a good sight that can be used for target, 3d and hunting, look into spot-hogg. i think you can put a lense in the hogg-it. These sights are killer with the micro-adjustable pins and 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments. i personally have the hogg-it hunter with the .19 pins, and love it for everything from leagues to 3d to hunting. Im not sure they make a lense for the hogg-it hunter as it is a much larger pin guard than the hogg-it.

I will second the notion of a spot hogg hogg it sight. worth every penny and a unconditional warranty if anything goes wrong. Not that anything ever does. I bought two. Can't say enough good stuff about it.

dodgensince74

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt_hunter007 View Post
    if you want a good sight that can be used for target, 3d and hunting, look into spot-hogg. i think you can put a lense in the hogg-it. These sights are killer with the micro-adjustable pins and 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments. i personally have the hogg-it hunter with the .19 pins, and love it for everything from leagues to 3d to hunting. Im not sure they make a lense for the hogg-it hunter as it is a much larger pin guard than the hogg-it.
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but what do you guys mean by a second and third axis? I have a Cobra 5 pin Sidewinder and am a little confused.

you can take this thread over I got all the info I need out of it, so feel free to take this thread.

The second axis would be leveling your sight to your bow meaning setting the level to your draw string. Next the third axis would be leveling your sight while it is in a 45 degree angle basically squaring up your sight to your bow. It is complicated to explain you almost have to see it to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt_hunter007 View Post
    this would be the way to go. the hogg it is a very good dependable sight.they look good and you can put a lense in if you want price is a little over $200.00

5 individually micro-adjustable fiber optic pins
    A round pin guard for more precise aiming
    Precision installed level and aiming wire you can trust
    Top of the line, no clamping gang adjustment
    2nd & 3rd axis leveling
    Lens and shade cover available
    Dovetail mounting system
    Weight: 9.6 oz.
    7 pin model now available
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a viper sight and love it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by slamdam View Post
    viper's a good one,witch one did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by slamdam View Post
    what he said

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

I got the Viper Predator Pro sight in Hardwoods HD with the 4X lens. The camo is identical to the switchback and the lens is awsome. It makes a HUGE difference. Esecally beyond 40 yards.

I also recomend getting the Sun Shade. Its worth it.

i am pretty new to bow hunting and i was feeling like i was beginning to understand some stuff , but i am lost now. i thought the only scopes out there were like the hha brand that looks like a rifle scope, but is it also the reticle or pin housing part of the target sights? i need a fix really bad and backyard shooting at my rhinehart is getting boring so i want to try some 3-d and probably some indoor. i just dont know how to build a decent target bow or possibly change over my vectrix xl .
    clarifiers and lenses?what the crap is going on ?!?