You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jhorne View Post
    That's your opinion. I've owned them both and the Destroyer is just as accurate as the Constitution even with the short ATA and short BH. But I do hate they quit making the Constitution.
    :d You've really drank a LOT of that Kool-Aid haven't you. There are just some basic things that make a bow "more shootable" than another, and you obviously KNOW that, yet fail to want to recognize it. Be it a Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews or whatever, a bow w/ an 8" BH and a 40" ATA, is going to be a more forgiving bow than a bow w/ a 6" BH and a 34" ATA, anyway you cut it. Even in a Hooter Shooter, there will be some notable differences. Enjoy your bows whichever they may be, but don't drink so much of that Kool-Aid that you begin to lose your senses.
    ~~Doug~~
    Hoyt Trykon XL 70#'s & Alphamax35 29" 60#'s
    Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extreme 65/80's (MADE IN USA!!!)
    TT Pronghorns

Default Different thread

Quote Originally Posted by hutchies View Post
    Maybe I missed the bashing part???????????

I'm guessing slippy is talking about the prostaff part. If Bowtech wants more shooters then they do need a staff. Gives people something to work towards with their bows. How many people shot alpine last year because they started that $2500 for national wins. Heck I thought DB was talking about how much he like the connie but maybe i missed the train.
    A while back I was accused of being a Bowtech basher. Was never the case ever.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

That's the power of the internet for ya...........there's always somebody out there that wants to put ya down.

Default Amen

Quote Originally Posted by hutchies View Post
    That's the power of the internet for ya...........there's always somebody out there that wants to put ya down.
    I think I could find something good to say about ever manufactuer on the market. But sometimes a little honesty and some think your bashing.
    DB

Got my Vapor Trail String coming for the Bowtech. Hard to beat those Vapor Trails.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Lots of good bows out there. No need to talk about Bowtechs or any brand though.
    John 3:16 Lifetime NRA Member/Iowa Bow Hunters Association/"Crackerized"Strother SR-71 "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6 UL shelter/stove geek

Quote Originally Posted by ohbowhntr View Post
    :d You've really drank a LOT of that Kool-Aid haven't you. There are just some basic things that make a bow "more shootable" than another, and you obviously KNOW that, yet fail to want to recognize it. Be it a Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews or whatever, a bow w/ an 8" BH and a 40" ATA, is going to be a more forgiving bow than a bow w/ a 6" BH and a 34" ATA, anyway you cut it. Even in a Hooter Shooter, there will be some notable differences. Enjoy your bows whichever they may be, but don't drink so much of that Kool-Aid that you begin to lose your senses.
    Tell the pros that are shooting Monsters with a 6" BH and 34" ATA is not as accurate as an 8" BH and 40" ATA .

Default You know what

Quote Originally Posted by HCH View Post
    Lots of good bows out there. No need to talk about Bowtechs or any brand though.
    Ill talk about whatever brand when ever I want. Lord if I needed a bow for hunting only I could choose from thousands. I do like my Z28 Elite and will be in the woods hunting with it this spring.
    DB
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 03-31-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Default Really

Tell the pros that are shooting Monsters with a 6" BH and 34" ATA is not as accurate as an 8" BH and 40" ATA .
    I dont tell the pros nothing. But if you want to see what the top pros were shooting at Paris. Only one had a Monstor. I do happen to notice. Actually in the top eight only one had a monstor. That tells me something. But hey shoot what you like. I do! Right now my pro elite isnt going no where.
    DB

As accurate.... certainly it's a machine it doesn't know how to miss.

As easy to shoot accurately with... not so much

But it can be done by a very skilled archer... oh wait that's what pros do...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by HCH View Post

Wow I can't beleive you posted that after your thread about Strother over Elite the other day.....................tooo

Most of the PRO's I know don't shoot SPEED bows, they shoot Conquest and Pro-Elite and Constitution type bows, and for good reason. Follow-through at the end of the day after a bunch of shots might waiver a little.....on a 6" BH bow w/ a shorter ATA, it makes a BIGGER difference than it does on a bow w/ an 8" BH and a 40" ATA!!!
    ~~Doug~~
    Hoyt Trykon XL 70#'s & Alphamax35 29" 60#'s
    Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extreme 65/80's (MADE IN USA!!!)
    TT Pronghorns

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    I dont tell the pros nothing. But if you want to see what the top pros were shooting at Paris. Only one had a Monstor. I do happen to notice. Actually in the top eight only one had a monstor. That tells me something. But hey shoot what you like. I do! Right now my pro elite isnt going no where.
    DB
    Dan, if you'll look a little closer you'll see I wasn't talking to you.

Default I realized that

Dan, if you'll look a little closer you'll see I wasn't talking to you.
    I realize that but was just commenting that most pros shoot longer axle and that is comman knowledge.
    DB

Who cares what pros shoot?

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Default Pros

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    Who cares what pros shoot?

Dan
    Apprently not you! But sad fact you may not realize. Many of us serious tournament or weekend tournament archers really do care. Tournament Magazine is growing and is very popular.
    Nothing but pros articles so you dont need it!
    DB

Several pros here on this forum does that bother you as well? Use that ignore button.
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 04-01-2010 at 12:41 PM.

DB, I understand that but answer this. Of all archers in the country what percentage are:

Pro shooters?

Bowhunters/average archers?

I think if you look at sales numbers on the long A to A bows it's enuf said.

I agree that the Constitution is a great bow, but there is a boy I know that can clean most peoples plows shooting his 32" A to A bow. He was 2nd out of over 500 at vegas in the amateur class. The shorter bows of today will easily shoot better than 99% of the archers.

To argue these points is just being argumentive.

Dan
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Default Bows

DB, I understand that but answer this. Of all archers in the country what percentage are:

Pro shooters?

Bowhunters/average archers?

I think if you look at sales numbers on the long A to A bows it's enuf said.

I agree that the Constitution is a great bow, but there is a boy I know that can clean most peoples plows shooting his 32" A to A bow. He was 2nd out of over 500 at vegas in the amateur class. The shorter bows of today will easily shoot better than 99% of the archers.

To argue these points is just being argumentive.

Dan

I can name several Bowtech shooters that shoot the shorter axles well. Pretty good friends with plenty of them. But now we are talking percentages and tournament archery. Most tournament archers shoot longer axle bows. One guy that can shoot his short axle bow well doesn't make it the higher percentage bow for tournament archers. Now when you talk to the guys at Bowtech (Engineers) Do you want a professional or the guy building them in the back of the shop that may alss hunts as well? Pro shop also stands for professional, good reason for that term. Seems to always touch a button with some for some reason. Interesting! Why does the word professional seem to not work for you?
    DB

PS
    On this thread did I mention hunting with this bow? I hunt with a 33" axle bow:
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 04-01-2010 at 01:57 PM.

I don't have a problem with professionals be it Bowhunters or Tournament archers. I'm just not going to base what I shoot on what works for them.

Most don't, actually I doubt one out of a hundred that walk in the shop could even name a professional

You gonna Turkey hunt with that Constitution? I killed my 1st Rio last year with my Sentinel. Nice long A to A bow, but I'd hardly make it my primary hunting bow.

Dan
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    www.meanvarchery.com

Default Hunt

I don't have a problem with professionals be it Bowhunters or Tournament archers. I'm just not going to base what I shoot on what works for them.

Most don't, actually I doubt one out of a hundred that walk in the shop could even name a professional

You gonna Turkey hunt with that Constitution? I killed my 1st Rio last year with my Sentinel. Nice long A to A bow, but I'd hardly make it my primary hunting bow.

Dan
    I bought it for indoor/field bow shooting and to see if it will help elimanate some shoulder pain when shooting 60 arrows at a time. Ill have my Elite Z28 in the blind. Most tournament archers know who the pros are that you can rest assure on the pro am level. Very popular guys. Hunters could care less most the time. Heck I could take the cheapest bow in the shop and harvest a deer and have! If you cant hit a 16" circle which is what the vitals are on most deer, you need to seek a professional instructor Hunting bows are over rated.
    DB
    DB

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Hunting bows are over rated.
    DB
    DB
    LOL!! Right! They are what will make or break a company

Neither Hoyt, Mathews, or BowTech could survive selling only target bows.

Here you go DB pound on this a while

Dan
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    www.meanvarchery.com